[POLL] Senna content. Will you be happy with only a Time Trial?

• Thread starter HKS racer
  • 139 comments

Senna content. Will you be happy with only a Time Trial?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At this point with me PD has exactly one chance left to impress me and keep me as possible future customer. And that's to hit the Senna/Community content out of the park. Fail on this one and there's zero chance of a PS4/GT7 purchase from me. Can't imagine I'm the only one that feels that way.
Exactly. Dealing with Senna licence is like dealing with fire. They have to manage it carefully.
There's a lot of sentiment behind Ayrton, an half assed job will surely anger some people.

Exactly. Dealing with Senna licence is like dealing with fire. They have to manage it carefully.
There's a lot of sentiment behind Ayrton, an half assed job will surely anger some people.

Yea, no doubt about that. If it ends up being seen as less than is expected given the respect due to the name people will go nuts. I try to hope they're not that stupid and the update will at the least contain a few more cars, maybe some extra career events, time trials and Interlagos. That would seem like a reasonable minimum to me. Hopefully more though.

With all due respect to Senna...

I thought this was going to be a boring update ever since PD announced that it was coming last year. I think it's going to be a glorified seasonal event.

So sick of PD's ******** at this point. No new cars, no new tracks, no important bug fixes, missing promised features; this is the last Gran Turismo I'm buying.

Yea, no doubt about that. If it ends up being seen as less than is expected given the respect due to the name people will go nuts. I try to hope they're not that stupid and the update will at the least contain a few more cars, maybe some extra career events, time trials and Interlagos. That would seem like a reasonable minimum to me. Hopefully more though.
The thing I would hate, is not only the half assed job itself, it's the unfair marketing they would have made before/immediately after GT6 release by using Senna name merely as "a GT6 feature" if you know what I mean. The update could be even free, doesn't change anything.

Not sure how to vote.

I'd be content with a series of TTs, but I wouldn't exactly be happy about it. I'm excited about the prospect of trying out the Lotus, but PD has shown me with Top Gear, NASCAR, Loeb, etc., that they tend to drop the ball when it comes to tie-ins. Doesn't mean I won't enjoy the car any less... just that PD needs to up their game.

I'm sure I understand this poll...

I would rather have a set of cool, topical TTs than crappy races. For instance, I'd be thrilled if we got a pair of TTs 1 being on Imola and the other on interlagos with the Lotus and Mclaren.

But on the other hand I'd be thrilled we got a couple of races on those tracks with a field of period F1 cars...

I'm not saying that I think we'll get either of those, but the question isn't as black and white as the poll makes it seem...

I have to be honest I don't see how the amount of stuff we get for GT6 equals the amount of respect they're paying to Senna...A really nice video came out today about him and the institute which pays way better homage to him than adding in an extra couple of cars or tracks. We're also getting at least a couple of slide shows aswell over the next couple of weeks which should be nice too.

Now, don't mistake that for me not wanting more in game content. I'll be a little bummed if all we get is the Lotus and an event or two. I want at least a new track and the Mclaren on top of what we know about. But I just don't see respecting Senna as the driving force behind adding content. The content is for our sake.

well, if people want races, they could put us on Suzuka 88, when Senna stalled at the start and dropped from pole to 15 or 16 place (can't remember) and went to win the race and become world champion.

as the game only have a 16 cars grid, it would be possible to do it, the thing is, he did it in a McLaren. :lol:

Last edited:
Senna, as good of a racer as he was, he just loved pushing the **** out of a car, at the limit. I think a time trial, in the sleeting rain, with the crowd going berserk at Interlagos would be amazing.

AND NO FRIGGIN SRF DAMNIT!!!!!!

If PD disgraces Ayrton's Legacy with one of the noob TT's (SRF available), I will go to Fukuoka Japan and smack the entire PD studio in the face. At least until the cops show up and arrest me.

Don't care about Senna. I am a car enthusiast, not a motorsport or celebrity fan. So better make it interesting like adding a new track. It still wouldn't be enough, but at least a track is useful. Mario Andretti;s Hudson was at least useful and fun since you could enter various events with it. I don't see that happening with this Lotus.

Still waiting for quality content, PD. Give me a good reason to play GT6 again.

Well I'm glad PD isn't like you because frankly your attitude disgusts me. The man was a legend, and this car is legendary as well.

Classic F1 cars and open wheeled cars are what this game lacks the most (other than AI, sound, etc.). I can't imagine how it's not "quality content".

I would be happy if they released a one off lowly priced version on PS4 including the Lotus 97T around Autódromo do Estoril (Or any other track he got pole position at with that car) as Time Trial (And maybe even race) with all proceeds going to Instituto Ayrton Senna.

Anyway for GT6 I hope it is more content and it is looking like it will be more than just the one car so might be a variety of events. Hope they get the new sound and AI engine in time for Senna content to utilise it.

Depends on the additional content. I expect something similar to the Vettel challenge. I expect at least one car, and the time trials would take place on modern versions of 80's grand prix circuits.

If they wanted related content that didn't require much effort they could get a premium early 90's Honda NSX-R and reintroduce the Suzuka West Circuit to the series.

First of all nobody here knows exactly how much stuff is coming and yet some people already bash PD for briging something they still dont know. Its getting... funny?

We know of one car and that other content will be accompanied however, that doesn't mean we should rejoice and start preaching all that is GT. So a moot effort on your part to bash people that don't see eye to eye with what you love.

25irb09.jpg

So people aren't allowed to not be interested in Ayrton Senna?

f40
You know they'll just include a "Lotus 97T Base Model" :lol:

To be honest, if the 97T has as good as sound as the Red bull Jr. for example, I would love a full online race, with good drivers and 16 Base Model 97t cars.

Sure, a grid with ferraris, mclarens, etc etc would be BETTER but its been made clear that is not possible.

I wonder how hard it would be to get lesser F1 cars. Like a Tyrrell, March, Lolas, Minardis...

So people aren't allowed to not be interested in Ayrton Senna?

No, just that people aren't allowed to express their disinterest in Senna.

It's a bit like back in the Dark Ages. You can believe whatever you like, but if you dare to voice your heathen beliefs you're probably going to get stoned in the village square.

Me, I think he's kind of overrated. He was a spectacular driver, but a lot of his racecraft was based around his reputation for bullying people off the road, and crashing out anyone who got in his way. There has been lots of fast drivers, and maybe he was faster than most. I can respect his driving ability, but I can't respect the way he was prepared to injure or kill to win. I respect good racecraft a lot more than I respect pure speed, and while you don't get to Formula 1 with poor racecraft, I don't think Senna was necessarily one of the greats in that respect.

I see Imola being mentioned again. It still doesn't make sense.

With Polyphony's disappointments withstanding, that would be the WORST thing they could ever do. The level of stupidity needed to think that would be a great idea, would eclipse anything they have previously done and I hope they have realized that. Otherwise, there is no hope.

I think considering the huge lofty weight they put behind the senna content; what feels like a million years ago now with no progress until a day or so ago, I think a TT would be a major cop out, they should put together something like they did for the Redbull Racing segment, it's been long enough without much from these guys - guess they get great holiday benefits.

Anyway for GT6 I hope it is more content and it is looking like it will be more than just the one car so might be a variety of events. Hope they get the new sound and AI engine in time for Senna content to utilise it.
I almost don't want to post because the atmosphere at GT Planet is getting rather low rent. But anyway...

I'm with Saidur. I expect some useful and enjoyable content. Not being a fan of high speed road rocket racing, which Formula 1 is - and watching some footage of Senna racing makes my hair stand on end! - I still want to give this a whirl.

I know that everything involved in GT6 is up in the air until we learn more of PD's plans for GT6 and GT7 at E3, but I also know that Kaz isn't about to retire nor the team call it good and take up pachinko and kareoke instead, so something more will be coming. I have no idea what, but I'm always happy to have more goodies from Polyphony Digital.

BAHAHAHAHAHA! Ahahaahaaa...sobsobsobsobsobsobsob ;-;

Good one...though I would bet some money there will be a time trial somewhere.

Back