• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, you’ll have to get your hands dirty. Last winner @D-Max set this theme, let's hear what he has to say :

So this week I’d like to focus on the Mustang Gr.B rally car.

Ford have decided to Come back to the world of rallying as a factory team, and have brought the unconventional Mustang.

The title sponsor is undecided. Ford have just released a base carbon version of the car with no sponsors at all. It is your job to find the right sponsors for the team. Every last millimetre is down to you to design.

CARS :
- Ford Mustang Gr.B only.

LIVERIES :
- Original designs only, no replica.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- Please keep the wheel choice realistic to rallying standards.
- The livery has to be Sport Mode compatible.
Sport Mode and GT League events use the Number Plate type 01 with mandatory placement. If you draw a custom number plate on your livery or place sponsors randomly, they may end up half-covered or not covered at all which will make it looks weird. We usually say « Sport mode compatible » or « Sport mode friendly » when the custom number plate and sponsors are placed where the GT plate type 01 will fit without denaturing the overall design. It’s easy on some cars but very hard on others (the 911 RSR for example has a very small type 01, or the Corvette has it in the middle of the door).

- Numberplate 02 is recommended, but not compulsory.

BONUS PICTURES SETTINGS :
- Two bonus pictures.
- One picture moving on the dirt.
- One still picture.

USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on November 6, 2019 (22:00, CEST/GMT+1)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave a week for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 3 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06
View media item 54693View media item 54694 _____________________________________

Poll Option #07

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14
View media item 54893View media item 54894 _____________________________________

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21
aadem2.jpg

aadem1.jpg

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

I’m going to pick my favourites and put them in a random generator because my lord i can’t choose just 3. My favourites are almost every single one. The level of creativity and skill involved here is incredible!

9, 13, 25. You guys are absolutely out of your minds. This is such an incredible comp. MASSIVE props to you 3. I'm upset I couldn't vote for more. Beautiful work everyone.

This was incredibly hard to choose, even while making the poll I couldn’t select my 3 favorites, so many deserved a vote...

Also it seems that we missed someone along the way :

FINAL ENTRY

Original post :
The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 41 (the FORD effect) - CLOSED

His gallery was set to « private » so we couldn’t see it before. I can’t add it to the poll anymore, but I think it’s worth mentioning because it was another awesome livery!

Right, here goes. Spent yet another whole afternoon writing these up so I hope they are of some use :lol: Apologies if it does sound like I'm nitpicking in certain areas; I have tried to be as constructive and as helpful as possible for those liveries which may have lacked certain things or not done certain areas to the best they could be but again, this is purely my opinion and judgement of the liveries and by no means fact so please don't take it to heart.

As brought to light by Cytoria, I've also included @AlexWilmot's livery in the feedback as a potential pick, even though I can't technically pick it. It is a shame to see such a well designed livery not serve the purpose it was created for; and I can guarantee that it would get quite a few votes if it made it's way into the poll.

My Votes:
#6 - A nice subtle livery with a simple yet effective colour scheme. The neat white lines break up and help reduce the blue to stop it being too dominant, while the orange accents bring home the Gulf sponsorship without being too overpowering. The risky silver is kept to a minimum and used well to create more detail for those looking for it. I love the retro feel of the bold 'FORD' text along the wing too. Perfect sponsor placements and sizing; not one of them look out of place.

#24 - Dare I say it reminds me of my own livery? :lol: Definitely not the reason why I voted for it though. This livery clearly gives off the DHL vibes with the bold yellow and red colour scheme and dashes clearly inherited from the logo; and as if you didn't know it was sponsored by DHL by now, the main sponsor is plastered on every angle possible without looking odd; perfect for that advertising. The overall design of the livery utilises the space given without feeling cluttered, and uses balanced amounts of yellow and red in accordance with the trademark style. Again, the sponsor placements and sizings are perfect.

#25 - Honestly, this would be something to rival the Toyota Castrol curves and Lancia Martini stripes. The design is really distinctive, unique and vibrant; stretching the limits of how bold you can make a livery without going overboard. It's a perfect balance of the dominant white contrasting with the green & blue BP accents. Yet again, perfect sponsor placement and sizing all round. Even the wheel choice further accents the livery; I don't think any other wheel colour combination (green with dominant black) could've worked.

#2 - A nice simple livery borrowing the full stripes from the distinctive Shelby Mustang line. The sponsor placements look mostly perfect, although they do feel a little bunched up within the side contours near the vents. It does seem like some areas of the car aren't broken up enough from the dominant blue and feel empty; such as the rear fender, sides of the hood and the upper & lower door areas, but I can see the possibly moved/additional sponsors breaking up those areas quite easily. Who'd have thought Shelby would go into rallying though? Bringing home the fast Mustang image into an otherwise out of place form of motorsports for it. Nice idea.

#4 - The first thing that hit me was the colour scheme in conjunction with the simple yet distinctive design, which I liked. Sponsor placements look mostly perfect; although the Shell 'logos' (i.e. the clam and the text) on the hood look kinda out of place when the other hood sponsors are singular. I'd say keep the text, get rid of the clam for the hood, as it seems to be taking attention away from the main Subway sponsor in that area. I also feel like even though the car has more dark green than yellow, the yellow still stands out as the dominant colour in it's largely untouched nature (by that I mean no sponsors or further designs are added to break up the solid colour, although it doesn't need it ). The only thing I would hint towards possibly breaking the yellow up is possibly having a black or similar dark green colour for the rear wing, so that the amount of untouched yellow is not too much.

#5 - Out of the 25 liveries here, this was one that I wanted to whittle down into my vote. I love the overall consistency and distinctiveness of the design, with the angular stripefest contrasting a little with the scruffy scratchy patch underneath the Pennzoil logos at the sides. The scruffy patch I felt also added to the overall rally-orientated nature, and it was something I did want to see more around the car. The main point for change would be the gradient on the hood, as even though it appears to be achieving the right amount of darkness on the hood section, it does dull the bold yellow style that has been unaffected elsewhere. I'd say try and keep the visible length of the yellow stripes, but instead of a gradient, try and end those stripes with more of the solid, angular style that has already been displayed. Sponsor placements and sizings are perfect, and aren't needed to break up what is a nicely proportioned design.

#7 - Immediately I loved the vibrance of the blue, green and pearlescent colouring that is highlighted even further with the subtle yellow accents and white lines. Another one I kinda shortlisted to whittle down into my votes. The yellow accents also bring attention to the main sponsor; therefore being great for advertising. Sponsor placements look pretty much perfect, although I feel like some of the sponsors would've benefited from a different colour: the red Firestone text logos conflict with the blue and green colours so they would be better off in white; and even though the black sponsors are readable on the green section, they too would stand out and contribute to the design better in white.

#8 - Again, another livery I shortlisted in my whittling down. I like how the motifs of the Speed of Light logo are used for the whole design in a neat and clean fashion, and they do benefit from the colour change to create a more uniform look. Not a lot of sponsors; and considering how 'busy' the livery design is already, it doesn't need them; but the sponsors that are there are placed and sized quite well. The only thing that knocked it down slightly for me was the hood. I could see the kind of effect you was going for; something like a swooshing effect on the logo, but it looked a bit too conflicting with the bright yellow and white together. I can see a slight black logo underneath the white logo to act as a shadow/separator, so all it needs is to just make that 'outline' effect more prominent. Other than that, a fantastic livery!

#9 - A really fresh livery design, quite simple but with the right amounts of the bold blue and red colours of Pepsi. Some of the sponsors look a little too large like the Shelby logo at the sides and the Recaro and Blisten at the rear, but at least they fit into a uniform look with the rest of the sponsors. The Goodyear logo on the top of the front fender looks like it suffers from projection issues, or that it's too big for that specific area, but either way it looks too distorted for the 'round the rim' placement you were going for. The 'candy stripe' effect on the lower front section doesn't help the design much, and I feel like using a similar design style to what you have on the side skirts could work better (with an overall red lower front section with the blue overlap near the fenders). I do like the inclusion of Carroll Shelby's signature on the front though; almost as if he gave the car his blessing.

#10 - This does feel like quite a stand-out livery in it's simplicity. It definitely has a different feel to it with the bold black body-conforming lines contrasting with the metallic orange and the white gradient. You haven't gone too overboard with the tiger pattern and honed it down quite well. The dominant orange could've been too overpowering but again you've honed it down to the point that it works. Sponsor placements look spot on, and some of the sponsors seem ideally chosen to better suit the overall livery, such as the Hankook logo with the orange motif. Honestly, there's nothing really wrong with this design at all; if there were more votes, it would be in.

#11 - I guess with Michelin's inclusion into GT Sport, we'll have to get more acquainted with big ol' Bibendum whether we like it or not; and this livery is a great welcomer to that. Great usage of the dominant blue with the accented yellows and bordering whites. The Michelin Man in his iconic stature further drives home the sponsor while breaking up the design further. The sponsor placements and sizings look overall perfect, but the hood is looking a little empty. Maybe slap another Bibendum head on the hood. The Colin McRae tribute is a nice addition too, especially with the signature on the back.

#12 - Who'd have thought we would see the VW ID.3 livery, with a perfectly justified reason for seeing it on a Ford Mustang? I can only imagine the amount of work and effort put into making those shapes and design fit well with the canvas given. The blue and pink do conflict with the eyes, but not as bad as the ID.3. The Eibach and Adidas logos along the sides look a little bunched up as if they have nowhere else to go, but with a livery as 'busy' as this, there doesn't seem to be many other places for them other than possibly the rear bumper. Definitely an eye-catching design though.

#13 - As with #7, another clash of vibrance and detail with lots of different things going on in this livery. There does seem to be a lot of random patterns surrounding the car, from the ever so slight grid decal on the rear to the rounded hexagons and dashes along the side and the dotted fade along the bonnet and front fender sections. It's like some celestial being has graced their presence and form onto a car livery. I would say the metallic purple (or 'special colour' purple) seems a bit too contrasting with the matte decals, and I'd probably go for something less metallic. The Red Bull logos also seem odd in a positive sense? :boggled: They stand out from the rest of the design but I feel like they also kinda look out of place because of that. The other Red Bull logos look a little stretched but not too bad. The placements and sizings of the other sponsors are perfect, as is the little colour accents on the MS-RT logo on the hood and the carbon USA flag look in the rear side window section. I can imagine seeing this at night with some glow-in-the-dark paint applied; what a sight. Excellent work!

#14 - For a rally car livery, surprisingly I'm getting NASCAR vibes from this one. It has a bold colour scheme that is further amplified with the matte texture and black gradients. The coloured shadow effect of some of the decals does look a little off for the kind of livery this is; which might've been suited better with full outlines. Sponsor placements look mostly good, but the Red Bull logo at the rear fender looks a little squashed. The Gran Turismo dashes (I assume that's what they are) also kinda look out of place with the white outline; and as brought up in the submission thread, Mopar? On a Ford? :lol: Definitely another eye-catcher though.

#15 - Pretty in pink? I think so. Hooters? Now you're stretching it :lol: Similar to #13, there's a lot of different details on this livery that break the car up and make it interesting to look at. The sponsors are pleasantly coloured to match the bold monotone style and are placed and sized pretty well. The bold black lines are utilised really well to break up the dominant pink, along with the different shades of pink. I don't drink any energy drinks but if Rockstar need a design for a raspberry flavour; look no further than this masterpiece.

#17 - I mostly get the Ken Block rally vibes with this; but the fluffy creature pattern (apologies if it's a well known set of characters, they do remind me of Pokemon a bit) does seem kinda odd when previous Ken Block liveries have been with solid shapes, albeit with a variety of different styles. The overall structure of the design is fairly good, and the sponsor placements are perfect. I'm not sure whether it's the brightness of the Scapes location, but the bright green used looks a little too bright in comparison to some of Ken Block's cars I've seen; and I feel like it's slightly subtracting from the rest of the design. An interesting livery though.

#18 - A nice clean simple livery with a subtle colour scheme that draws more attention to the actual design of the livery. I love the gold accents that add interest to the black and blue basis. Not a lot of sponsors and the hood looks a little empty; but the sponsors that are there are placed quite well. Even the subtle colour change on the Michelin logo for the black part of the livery makes the car look ever more interesting.

#19 - No Fear. I never thought I'd see this logo again, but this livery brings it back with a bang. The red ripped decals contrasts well with the black dotted fade, and overall the amount of each specific colour used is managed and balanced pretty well. I like the slight change with the actual main logos used around the car; some have the skull whereas the hood has the eyes, and it does give a fresher feel to an already dynamic and well done livery. Sponsor placements look mostly spot on, although I feel like all the OZ sponsor at the lower rear side section might be too big in size, especially when there's a smaller, perfectly fitted OZ logo just next to it on the bumper. Overall, a really loud and proud livery design that I could very well see in a rally.

#20 - Another rather dynamic looking livery. The wild teal and pink slashes look mostly controlled and maintained so as to not be too overpowering, although it does look like it gets mixed too much towards the front fender section. Sponsor placements look perfect. Again, the slight change in the main sponsor look at the rear adds more freshness to a stand-out livery. Nicely done.

#21 - Yet another dynamic looking livery, with the modern styling of the diagonal stripes. In a world of predominantly blue and orange Gulf liveries, this is a refreshing change with the dominant white and dark blue additions. The light blue dash pattern along the side does suffer from projection issues, and there doesn't seem to be much way to fix that other than to either move that pattern away from the rear fender so that it no longer looks distorted or simply reduce the line length so that they become dots over the top of the fender. Sponsor placements and sizings look perfect.

#22 - In with the bold iconic Martini look. The livery keeps the dominant white that previous Martini liveries have been known for, while the other colours and designs work effectively to break up and utilise the space provided. The 'RS' logo accents on the black; especially the front fender vent section, makes it feel like you've been operating on an 'evolved' version of the same car the rest of us have been stuck with, and deals with what has been a problematic area for some. Unfortunately, it seems like some of the curve designs appear disjointed and stretched in their projection; for example on the hood section past the contours and along the rear fender section. Gold was a good choice for the wheels but these wheels seem too shiny and metallic in comparison to the more common powder coat gold wheels that would've suited the livery and the RS badges better. A nice effort though.

#23 - Just like #2, the injection of the Mustang legacy is strong with this one. The Boss decals help to break up the dominant white space, along with the rough and ripped look of the Mobil 1 colours. The overall design of the livery looks rather neat and the sponsor placements look mostly spot on, but some of the sponsors on the side skirt area look a bit too big like the Recaro and Borla sponsors (the Mag Tools logo is OK though because of the space available for it). If they were closer in size to the Brembo logo, then they should look more neater and more uniform. The use of the Tommy Hilfiger logo as a possible secondary main sponsor is both subtle and well done; breaking up the available space further.

AlexWilmot - Nice bold colour scheme that plays on the colours given from the Apex logo and contrasts them over a black base colour. The shapes are quite modern and fit together quite nicely, breaking up the car shape and creating something more interesting to look at; even more so with the stripy and dotty patterns used. Sponsor placements are perfect; I can't see anything wrong with the sizing of them. Even though the bright teal part of the livery isn't included in the main colours of the logo, it fits so well and helps the livery to stand out.

#1 - With what this livery contains, it has a lot of potential; but as it is, it seems a little lacking. The white curves do contrast well with the black to blue gradient, but they seem randomly placed as opposed to something intrinsically distinctive that could bring out that potential; although the spacing between them is fairly consistent. The line at the front left fender also seems to suffer from projection issues, making it look too stretched and elongated. The sponsor placements look mostly good, although the rally number header plates along the sides look out of place, but I assume it's in that position because it would've otherwise been over the top of the GTS number plate. The black WRC logo along the rear fenders doesn't stand out well with the dark blue background so I suggest changing it to a white version. The Ford logo on the bonnet looks a little too big as well, as the overhang along the bonnet's middle contours makes it look a little messy.

#3 - This livery does seem inspired by the original Mustang Gr.B livery we got in GT Sport, at least with the long flowing design on the side. The bold blue and white colour scheme along with the matte effect does make it stand out, but it seems too plain in it's design; there's not enough there to break up this overly white and blue space. As Ford itself is the main sponsor, maybe you could add other Ford linked logos to break up the space, such as more Ford Performance, 'RS' or 'Mustang' logos. The sponsor placements that are there seem a bit hit and miss; with the rather cluttered strip of sponsors near the side vent, bunched up together with not enough space in between to look neat on one side; and the nice and neat placements of the Falken, GoPro, Ford Performance and Enkei logos on the other.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words @LaSupra really appreciate it!
To be honest, I’m still not happy with my entry and is why I’ve not shared it yet. It’s missing something to make it pop and I’m just not sure what that is. Maybe I could play around with the hood design, but it was difficult to come up with something that didn’t clash with the lines on the side of the car :lol:

Right, here goes. Spent yet another whole afternoon writing these up so I hope they are of some use :lol: Apologies if it does sound like I'm nitpicking in certain areas; I have tried to be as constructive and as helpful as possible for those liveries which may have lacked certain things or not done certain areas to the best they could be but again, this is purely my opinion and judgement of the liveries and by no means fact so please don't take it to heart.

As brought to light by Cytoria, I've also included @AlexWilmot's livery in the feedback as a potential pick, even though I can't technically pick it. It is a shame to see such a well designed livery not serve the purpose it was created for; and I can guarantee that it would get quite a few votes if it made it's way into the poll.

My Votes:
#6 - A nice subtle livery with a simple yet effective colour scheme. The neat white lines break up and help reduce the blue to stop it being too dominant, while the orange accents bring home the Gulf sponsorship without being too overpowering. The risky silver is kept to a minimum and used well to create more detail for those looking for it. I love the retro feel of the bold 'FORD' text along the wing too. Perfect sponsor placements and sizing; not one of them look out of place.

#24 - Dare I say it reminds me of my own livery? :lol: Definitely not the reason why I voted for it though. This livery clearly gives off the DHL vibes with the bold yellow and red colour scheme and dashes clearly inherited from the logo; and as if you didn't know it was sponsored by DHL by now, the main sponsor is plastered on every angle possible without looking odd; perfect for that advertising. The overall design of the livery utilises the space given without feeling cluttered, and uses balanced amounts of yellow and red in accordance with the trademark style. Again, the sponsor placements and sizings are perfect.

#25 - Honestly, this would be something to rival the Toyota Castrol curves and Lancia Martini stripes. The design is really distinctive, unique and vibrant; stretching the limits of how bold you can make a livery without going overboard. It's a perfect balance of the dominant white contrasting with the green & blue BP accents. Yet again, perfect sponsor placement and sizing all round. Even the wheel choice further accents the livery; I don't think any other wheel colour combination (green with dominant black) could've worked.

#2 - A nice simple livery borrowing the full stripes from the distinctive Shelby Mustang line. The sponsor placements look mostly perfect, although they do feel a little bunched up within the side contours near the vents. It does seem like some areas of the car aren't broken up enough from the dominant blue and feel empty; such as the rear fender, sides of the hood and the upper & lower door areas, but I can see the possibly moved/additional sponsors breaking up those areas quite easily. Who'd have thought Shelby would go into rallying though? Bringing home the fast Mustang image into an otherwise out of place form of motorsports for it. Nice idea.

#4 - The first thing that hit me was the colour scheme in conjunction with the simple yet distinctive design, which I liked. Sponsor placements look mostly perfect; although the Shell 'logos' (i.e. the clam and the text) on the hood look kinda out of place when the other hood sponsors are singular. I'd say keep the text, get rid of the clam for the hood, as it seems to be taking attention away from the main Subway sponsor in that area. I also feel like even though the car has more dark green than yellow, the yellow still stands out as the dominant colour in it's largely untouched nature (by that I mean no sponsors or further designs are added to break up the solid colour, although it doesn't need it ). The only thing I would hint towards possibly breaking the yellow up is possibly having a black or similar dark green colour for the rear wing, so that the amount of untouched yellow is not too much.

#5 - Out of the 25 liveries here, this was one that I wanted to whittle down into my vote. I love the overall consistency and distinctiveness of the design, with the angular stripefest contrasting a little with the scruffy scratchy patch underneath the Pennzoil logos at the sides. The scruffy patch I felt also added to the overall rally-orientated nature, and it was something I did want to see more around the car. The main point for change would be the gradient on the hood, as even though it appears to be achieving the right amount of darkness on the hood section, it does dull the bold yellow style that has been unaffected elsewhere. I'd say try and keep the visible length of the yellow stripes, but instead of a gradient, try and end those stripes with more of the solid, angular style that has already been displayed. Sponsor placements and sizings are perfect, and aren't needed to break up what is a nicely proportioned design.

#7 - Immediately I loved the vibrance of the blue, green and pearlescent colouring that is highlighted even further with the subtle yellow accents and white lines. Another one I kinda shortlisted to whittle down into my votes. The yellow accents also bring attention to the main sponsor; therefore being great for advertising. Sponsor placements look pretty much perfect, although I feel like some of the sponsors would've benefited from a different colour: the red Firestone text logos conflict with the blue and green colours so they would be better off in white; and even though the black sponsors are readable on the green section, they too would stand out and contribute to the design better in white.

#8 - Again, another livery I shortlisted in my whittling down. I like how the motifs of the Speed of Light logo are used for the whole design in a neat and clean fashion, and they do benefit from the colour change to create a more uniform look. Not a lot of sponsors; and considering how 'busy' the livery design is already, it doesn't need them; but the sponsors that are there are placed and sized quite well. The only thing that knocked it down slightly for me was the hood. I could see the kind of effect you was going for; something like a swooshing effect on the logo, but it looked a bit too conflicting with the bright yellow and white together. I can see a slight black logo underneath the white logo to act as a shadow/separator, so all it needs is to just make that 'outline' effect more prominent. Other than that, a fantastic livery!

#9 - A really fresh livery design, quite simple but with the right amounts of the bold blue and red colours of Pepsi. Some of the sponsors look a little too large like the Shelby logo at the sides and the Recaro and Blisten at the rear, but at least they fit into a uniform look with the rest of the sponsors. The Goodyear logo on the top of the front fender looks like it suffers from projection issues, or that it's too big for that specific area, but either way it looks too distorted for the 'round the rim' placement you were going for. The 'candy stripe' effect on the lower front section doesn't help the design much, and I feel like using a similar design style to what you have on the side skirts could work better (with an overall red lower front section with the blue overlap near the fenders). I do like the inclusion of Carroll Shelby's signature on the front though; almost as if he gave the car his blessing.

#10 - This does feel like quite a stand-out livery in it's simplicity. It definitely has a different feel to it with the bold black body-conforming lines contrasting with the metallic orange and the white gradient. You haven't gone too overboard with the tiger pattern and honed it down quite well. The dominant orange could've been too overpowering but again you've honed it down to the point that it works. Sponsor placements look spot on, and some of the sponsors seem ideally chosen to better suit the overall livery, such as the Hankook logo with the orange motif. Honestly, there's nothing really wrong with this design at all; if there were more votes, it would be in.

#11 - I guess with Michelin's inclusion into GT Sport, we'll have to get more acquainted with big ol' Bibendum whether we like it or not; and this livery is a great welcomer to that. Great usage of the dominant blue with the accented yellows and bordering whites. The Michelin Man in his iconic stature further drives home the sponsor while breaking up the design further. The sponsor placements and sizings look overall perfect, but the hood is looking a little empty. Maybe slap another Bibendum head on the hood. The Colin McRae tribute is a nice addition too, especially with the signature on the back.

#12 - Who'd have thought we would see the VW ID.3 livery, with a perfectly justified reason for seeing it on a Ford Mustang? I can only imagine the amount of work and effort put into making those shapes and design fit well with the canvas given. The blue and pink do conflict with the eyes, but not as bad as the ID.3. The Eibach and Adidas logos along the sides look a little bunched up as if they have nowhere else to go, but with a livery as 'busy' as this, there doesn't seem to be many other places for them other than possibly the rear bumper. Definitely an eye-catching design though.

#13 - As with #7, another clash of vibrance and detail with lots of different things going on in this livery. There does seem to be a lot of random patterns surrounding the car, from the ever so slight grid decal on the rear to the rounded hexagons and dashes along the side and the dotted fade along the bonnet and front fender sections. It's like some celestial being has graced their presence and form onto a car livery. I would say the metallic purple (or 'special colour' purple) seems a bit too contrasting with the matte decals, and I'd probably go for something less metallic. The Red Bull logos also seem odd in a positive sense? :boggled: They stand out from the rest of the design but I feel like they also kinda look out of place because of that. The other Red Bull logos look a little stretched but not too bad. The placements and sizings of the other sponsors are perfect, as is the little colour accents on the MS-RT logo on the hood and the carbon USA flag look in the rear side window section. I can imagine seeing this at night with some glow-in-the-dark paint applied; what a sight. Excellent work!

#14 - For a rally car livery, surprisingly I'm getting NASCAR vibes from this one. It has a bold colour scheme that is further amplified with the matte texture and black gradients. The coloured shadow effect of some of the decals does look a little off for the kind of livery this is; which might've been suited better with full outlines. Sponsor placements look mostly good, but the Red Bull logo at the rear fender looks a little squashed. The Gran Turismo dashes (I assume that's what they are) also kinda look out of place with the white outline; and as brought up in the submission thread, Mopar? On a Ford? :lol: Definitely another eye-catcher though.

#15 - Pretty in pink? I think so. Hooters? Now you're stretching it :lol: Similar to #13, there's a lot of different details on this livery that break the car up and make it interesting to look at. The sponsors are pleasantly coloured to match the bold monotone style and are placed and sized pretty well. The bold black lines are utilised really well to break up the dominant pink, along with the different shades of pink. I don't drink any energy drinks but if Rockstar need a design for a raspberry flavour; look no further than this masterpiece.

#17 - I mostly get the Ken Block rally vibes with this; but the fluffy creature pattern (apologies if it's a well known set of characters, they do remind me of Pokemon a bit) does seem kinda odd when previous Ken Block liveries have been with solid shapes, albeit with a variety of different styles. The overall structure of the design is fairly good, and the sponsor placements are perfect. I'm not sure whether it's the brightness of the Scapes location, but the bright green used looks a little too bright in comparison to some of Ken Block's cars I've seen; and I feel like it's slightly subtracting from the rest of the design. An interesting livery though.

#18 - A nice clean simple livery with a subtle colour scheme that draws more attention to the actual design of the livery. I love the gold accents that add interest to the black and blue basis. Not a lot of sponsors and the hood looks a little empty; but the sponsors that are there are placed quite well. Even the subtle colour change on the Michelin logo for the black part of the livery makes the car look ever more interesting.

#19 - No Fear. I never thought I'd see this logo again, but this livery brings it back with a bang. The red ripped decals contrasts well with the black dotted fade, and overall the amount of each specific colour used is managed and balanced pretty well. I like the slight change with the actual main logos used around the car; some have the skull whereas the hood has the eyes, and it does give a fresher feel to an already dynamic and well done livery. Sponsor placements look mostly spot on, although I feel like all the OZ sponsor at the lower rear side section might be too big in size, especially when there's a smaller, perfectly fitted OZ logo just next to it on the bumper. Overall, a really loud and proud livery design that I could very well see in a rally.

#20 - Another rather dynamic looking livery. The wild teal and pink slashes look mostly controlled and maintained so as to not be too overpowering, although it does look like it gets mixed too much towards the front fender section. Sponsor placements look perfect. Again, the slight change in the main sponsor look at the rear adds more freshness to a stand-out livery. Nicely done.

#21 - Yet another dynamic looking livery, with the modern styling of the diagonal stripes. In a world of predominantly blue and orange Gulf liveries, this is a refreshing change with the dominant white and dark blue additions. The light blue dash pattern along the side does suffer from projection issues, and there doesn't seem to be much way to fix that other than to either move that pattern away from the rear fender so that it no longer looks distorted or simply reduce the line length so that they become dots over the top of the fender. Sponsor placements and sizings look perfect.

#22 - In with the bold iconic Martini look. The livery keeps the dominant white that previous Martini liveries have been known for, while the other colours and designs work effectively to break up and utilise the space provided. The 'RS' logo accents on the black; especially the front fender vent section, makes it feel like you've been operating on an 'evolved' version of the same car the rest of us have been stuck with, and deals with what has been a problematic area for some. Unfortunately, it seems like some of the curve designs appear disjointed and stretched in their projection; for example on the hood section past the contours and along the rear fender section. Gold was a good choice for the wheels but these wheels seem too shiny and metallic in comparison to the more common powder coat gold wheels that would've suited the livery and the RS badges better. A nice effort though.

#23 - Just like #2, the injection of the Mustang legacy is strong with this one. The Boss decals help to break up the dominant white space, along with the rough and ripped look of the Mobil 1 colours. The overall design of the livery looks rather neat and the sponsor placements look mostly spot on, but some of the sponsors on the side skirt area look a bit too big like the Recaro and Borla sponsors (the Mag Tools logo is OK though because of the space available for it). If they were closer in size to the Brembo logo, then they should look more neater and more uniform. The use of the Tommy Hilfiger logo as a possible secondary main sponsor is both subtle and well done; breaking up the available space further.

AlexWilmot - Nice bold colour scheme that plays on the colours given from the Apex logo and contrasts them over a black base colour. The shapes are quite modern and fit together quite nicely, breaking up the car shape and creating something more interesting to look at; even more so with the stripy and dotty patterns used. Sponsor placements are perfect; I can't see anything wrong with the sizing of them. Even though the bright teal part of the livery isn't included in the main colours of the logo, it fits so well and helps the livery to stand out.

#1 - With what this livery contains, it has a lot of potential; but as it is, it seems a little lacking. The white curves do contrast well with the black to blue gradient, but they seem randomly placed as opposed to something intrinsically distinctive that could bring out that potential; although the spacing between them is fairly consistent. The line at the front left fender also seems to suffer from projection issues, making it look too stretched and elongated. The sponsor placements look mostly good, although the rally number header plates along the sides look out of place, but I assume it's in that position because it would've otherwise been over the top of the GTS number plate. The black WRC logo along the rear fenders doesn't stand out well with the dark blue background so I suggest changing it to a white version. The Ford logo on the bonnet looks a little too big as well, as the overhang along the bonnet's middle contours makes it look a little messy.

#3 - This livery does seem inspired by the original Mustang Gr.B livery we got in GT Sport, at least with the long flowing design on the side. The bold blue and white colour scheme along with the matte effect does make it stand out, but it seems too plain in it's design; there's not enough there to break up this overly white and blue space. As Ford itself is the main sponsor, maybe you could add other Ford linked logos to break up the space, such as more Ford Performance, 'RS' or 'Mustang' logos. The sponsor placements that are there seem a bit hit and miss; with the rather cluttered strip of sponsors near the side vent, bunched up together with not enough space in between to look neat on one side; and the nice and neat placements of the Falken, GoPro, Ford Performance and Enkei logos on the other.
Thanks for the feedback, I agree that the rear 3/4 looks empty and could've done more with it

Thanks to @Cytoria for mentioning my livery. I made a simple mistake but (for now) I'm not worried about votes, I had fun making the livery, was a nice break from sport mode and figure out other aspects of the game.

On my livery I tried to use the same sponsors and placement of this year's rally car, had no idea what colours or main sponsor to use but started with the basic shapes/design first, just need to tweak the fluorescent blue part above the rear wheel, the line doesn't quite flow with the bodywork.

Looking forward to my next entry!

4, 15 and 16, I went for liveries which I felt looked liked real rally liveries. All liveries here are very good so well done all but in my personal view some are either just good liveries on a Mustang or are much more rallycross/gymkhana style and not so much WRC which is how I interpreted the theme

Last edited:
Just to be sure here is my Car with the correct numberboard

Wow-what a lot of cool entries. It's is hard to make a decision which one is best but went for the following cars; #16, #17 and #25!!

Too bad nobody likes Martini..........

I followed your advice and painted all the red/black stuff white and it indeed looks heaps better. If it‘s wished I could share that design as well :D

@LaSupra, Thanx for your vivid explanation, I agree with your comments was really hard to get the curves flowing with only using the in-game scapes. The color of RS is the same as the wheels to bad it doesn't look this good at the images.

@Nuschel01 Just make a spoiler in your comment

Last edited:
I followed your advice and painted all the red/black stuff white and it indeed looks heaps better. If it‘s wished I could share that design as well :D

EDIT: Shared

Last edited:
My votes:

#06 - Clean, sharp and complementary to the Mustang's design quirks. Have to also say that this and #21 are both interesting takes on the historic Gulf/Ford pairing.
#20 - Purple/turquoise sounds like an unusual and potentially garish colour palette, but here it makes for some genuinely eye-catching patterns on that black base. I can honestly see HKS doing something similar if they ever do decide to go rallying. Interesting sponsor choice as well; I'd say that their company ethos is particularly fitting for a WRC-spec Mustang. :)
#25 - Perfect colour combo/decal execution, making for a vibrant and fresh angle on another classic Ford WRC sponsor.

Thank you @LaSupra for your feedback and vote - both are very kindly appreciated, and if it was possible I'd honestly give your livery my fourth vote. I did consider improving mine further by adding another decal on the red section immediately ahead of the rear wheels, but decided against it as I felt it would detract from the stripe patterns themselves. Glad that you've found it uncluttered as it is! :)

Could you please stop changing trends?

:lol:

Two days ago, I shot 4 potential podiums. Yesterday, I had to shot 2 more. And tonight 2 more again?

:banghead:

What a suspense again!

Also, fun facts, you know your classics :
16 liveries out of 26 use Michelin tires/decals.
13 liveries out of 26 use Ford Performance decals.
10 liveries out of 26 use Castrol/BP decals.
8 liveries out of 26 use MS-RT/M-Sport decals.

8 liveries use at least 3 of the sponsors above.

:gtpflag:

Aaaaand that's it!

Congratulations @LaSupra for your victory! You were the only position that didn't move the past few days, a well deserved win.

Well done @Higny too. Once again two french builders share the podium!

I eventually add @AngryKowski and @NBDESIGNZ to the winners post too. For a first attempt, this was nice, @AngryKowski and you fell very close of the podium! Hopefully we'll see more of your work in the next competitions.

I hadn't the time to do it for the previous competition, but I'll share my thoughts and feedback for this one. Thanks @D-Max for the theme which clearly show how far we've all gone since the first LEC!

I never thought it would happen, and now finally it has. A big thank you to everyone who voted for me for my first win, and to everyone who participated for putting tons of effort into their liveries. No doubt that there are plenty more liveries that should be on this podium but thank you all once again! :cheers:

Aaaaand that's it!

Congratulations @LaSupra for your victory! You were the only position that didn't move the past few days, a well deserved win.

Well done @Higny too. Once again two french builders share the podium!

I eventually add @AngryKowski and @NBDESIGNZ to the winners post too. For a first attempt, this was nice, @AngryKowski and you fell very close of the podium! Hopefully we'll see more of your work in the next competitions.

I hadn't the time to do it for the previous competition, but I'll share my thoughts and feedback for this one. Thanks @D-Max for the theme which clearly show how far we've all gone since the first LEC!

Thank you! This was great fun and I'm excited for the following competitions to come :)

And of course congrats to @LaSupra!!! Killer livery

Last edited:
Back