Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z
NOSTALGIA

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Gran Turismo 7 has finally launched, and to celebrate its 25th anniversary, I asked @Jordan to set the opening theme of the first every livery editor competition for the new game, and the theme he chose seems very fitting:

"This might be a bit obvious, but I'd suggest "nostalgia". In other words, liveries from some of the most famous race cars in GT's history, like the Tom's Castrol Supra, or the Pennzoil GT-R, or even the Suzuki Escudo... I think it would be cool to see how people can take those themes and apply them to some of the newer cars in GT7."

CARS :
  • Any.

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY :
  • No limit.

LIVERIES :
  • No restrictions.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
  • Only cars from past GT games.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
  • Up to two Bonus Pictures allowed.

USER MADE DECALS :
  • Allowed.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on April 8, 2022.
This means you have one week to decide which entries to vote for. After the winner is decided, they will have one week to PM me their decided theme.

We have 43(!!!) entries in this starting round. That's amazing. Thank you all for entering, this has been a fantastic kick-off to the new LEC. I hope to see all of you return in the future competitions. I hope you had fun making the liveries, afterall, that's all we're here for!

Please note: You can NOT vote for your own work. Because of the number of entries, you can vote for three - 3 - entries.

Most if not all entries have spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the way the creator intended, be sure to view those as well.
Take your time, and vote away!

Without further ado, here are the entries:

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #02 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #03 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #04 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #05 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #06 - PS4 Pro

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #07 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #08 - PS5 Raytracing
View media item 124258View media item 124257
8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #09 - PS4 Pro
User failed to provide correctly sized pictures

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20 - PS4 Pro

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21 - PS4 Pro

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #22 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #23 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #24 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #25 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #26 - PS4 Pro

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #27 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #28 - PS5 Raytracing
6fe1f3999da9e7880f0846f16bb84428_photo.webp

465fb0a8337544c7d641f60d0ba0f0dc_photo.webp

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #29 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #30 - PS5 Raytracing
3a717444a41111afe6a09b502fef16c8_photo.webp

8e92f200b2c9f0b1adac00b0715f6094_photo.webp

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #31 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #32 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #33 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #34 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #35 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #36 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #37 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #38 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #39 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #40 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #41 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #42 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #43 - PS4 Base

Crap. Did I really post it in the wrong place? Yes I did.
@Famine @daan @Jordan @Scaff @SlipZtrEm whoever can help me, I'd be mighty grateful. I'd do it myself if I could.

thanks, @wowbaggerBR, for bringing this to my attention. Been so tired this last week. A total slip-up from my end. :D

1v79go.jpg

This plus stressful workdays basically sums up my life these days. :D

Last edited:
Voted for 3, 24 and 33. The AE86 was my initial idea of an entry as well, but I wouldn't have been able to do a better replica of it, the Viper is just an all-time classic for me and the Ford just reminds me of how dearly I miss a V8 Supercar in GT7, especially considering it's one of my favourite racing series ever.
:cheers:

Voted for 4, 18, and 30 personally. If you're one of those people and reading this, good on you, your livery is supah cool.

Two of the cars I voted for and the one I entered was a Toyota, it's a bit of a Toyota-fest this comp, but they all look nice so it's justifiable.

I think this is going to be a very close one!

Last edited:
Great entries! Tough to select just 3 since there's 25 years of nostalgia to mull over... but my selections were distinctly Toyota orientated.

Ooops, I only voted for one (#24) because I'm unable to read (or y'know, just too presuming). After reading through the voting rules I should have also voted for #11 and #32

A lot of amazing entries but I picked #7, #16, and #40 since they were the ones I felt the most nostalgia from.

#7 because when I beat the GT World League in GT2 for the first time as a little kid I was so excited, and going back to the garage seeing the 98 GT-One just left my mouth agape.
#16 because even though I didn’t really like GT3 as a kid, coming back to it later in life made me really appreciate it. The S2000 LM was one of the first cars I won after I came back to an old save I still had so it always has a place in my heart.
#40 because purple was my favorite color as a kid and when I saw the Raybrig NSX in the special dealership I knew I had to have it. So I grinded as many races I could one weekend to get it and in the end it was so worth it.

#23, #32 & #34 got my vote!
TS020 replica is beautiful, and has been really well adapted. That’s my favourite for sure.
The Zexel GTR & Castrol Honda both hit a very nostalgic spot for me, and you guys have done a great job bringing them to the present.

There is some unbelievably good replicas of liveries on their original cars, but I voted for cars that really fit the challenge; classic GT liveries adapted to modern cars. I feel for those who made the reps, because they’re really good and I actually did it myself too. The Oreca Viper in my spoiler photos was going to be my entry until I re-read the rules.

Very great work from all competitors!

Amazing work by all. The level of liveries created on Sport always blew my mind, and that looks to be continuing on GT7. The talent level is mindboggling.

I've gone for an American trio of 32, 29, and 13 as they hold the most nostalgic value for me especially the recreation of the Camaro LM Concept livery from GT4 which was far and away my most driven racecar on the title and we're talking over hundreds of hours of play.

Great work all, looking forward to seeing who takes the win at the end.

I don't blame those who full on replicated a livery on the old car, I did the same. I couldn't help myself, when I saw the widebody option on the AE86.

That said, the interpretations on newer/other cars in here look stunning (all of the entries do).
I'd vote for all of you if I could!

I ended up giving my vote to #04, #07 and #21.
#04 because you can't say a Prius isn't raceworthy. A car I mostly overlooked in the past, but without the wheel aero this replica looks so cool. I love putting liveries on dailies. Which is why I had to give it a vote.
#07 because.. well. look at it! It looks like it belongs. Like, really belongs. A great livery on a great car from a great car. Top notch. Lost for words here. :lol:
And finally #21 because it brings back memories from GT5 in particular. I'm not 100% sure which youtuber who played it I watched, but when he compared the sound of this lil Civic from GT4 to GT5, it was night and day difference (and driven at night at SSR7 iirc, no pun intended). An overlooked car that became a car I regularily used because of its sound. I know, it's silly.

Great job everyone. Good luck!

All the entries are incredible, there really are some talented livery makers on here.

I went for the three that really caught my eye over the last few weeks while this was running so I voted for #25, #26 & #42

Good luck everyone

Amazing work by all, and incredible to see 43 entries! Its a shame some didn't make it to the poll due to not meeting the entry criteria for image posting, but that just made it a little easier to sift through the remaining entries! Thanks for those of you who voted for mine. It took me a while to choose exactly which car to recreate and I'm glad I went the way I did. Most likely won't win, but it brings back memories for people and that was the aim!

In the end I went for #4, #24 and #26.

#4 is just a bad ass Prius. I couldn't not vote for that!

#24 takes me back to that Falcon Touring Car I used to love driving.

And #26 reminds me of the car I used the most in GT2, the legendary Monster Tajima Escudo!

Amazing work by all, and incredible to see 43 entries! Its a shame some didn't make it to the poll due to not meeting the entry criteria for image posting, but that just made it a little easier to sift through the remaining entries! Thanks for those of you who voted for mine. It took me a while to choose exactly which car to recreate and I'm glad I went the way I did. Most likely won't win, but it brings back memories for people and that was the aim!

In the end I went for #4, #24 and #26.

#4 is just a bad ass Prius. I couldn't not vote for that!

#24 takes me back to that Falcon Touring Car I used to love driving.

And #26 reminds me of the car I used the most in GT2, the legendary Monster Tajima Escudo!
I think @Nuschel01 included everyone, but not every entry is visible because it was uploaded wrong. But they're still there.
Even the entry that was 2h late (some blame that on me for not being active to close it on time, but the deadline was posted in the OP, so even if I'm a little late to edit the title to closed, it's still closed. But for now everyone got a chance. :)

Yeah, every entry is in the poll this time. Thought people who didn't manage to post correct photos pay the price of not getting any recognition for it :lol:
I agree, and it’s a fair price to pay; it’s there but it’s less likely to be seen, so they learn until the next one. I know I overlooked them on my first two scrolls. :dopey:

Maybe a future rule where all competitors need to put GTPLANETLEC as the first search tag? Could help make it easier to find them? :)
I have thought about it. :)
I think we had a few people in GTS who tagged their stuff with GTPLEC, but not everyone even shares their stuff :D
Like me. Not cus I don’t want to but because it takes time. I haven’t shared anything in GT7 yet, actually

Even the entry that was 2h late (some blame that on me for not being active to close it on time, but the deadline was posted in the OP, so even if I'm a little late to edit the title to closed, it's still closed. But for now everyone got a chance. :)
I say ignore those people, rules are rules; I think the important thing now is that we all put these issues behind us and focus on enjoying the future of what looks like an incredibly popular new LEC :gtpflag: (he said in the guilty knowledge that he’d had to rely on the kindness of others :embarrassed:, apologies). Seriously though, I can’t believe how many great liveries there are and how many people have turned up to have a look!

Back