POLL: The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #01 (Nostalgia) - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 65 comments

Nostalgia

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say ignore those people, rules are rules; I think the important thing now is that we all put these issues behind us and focus on enjoying the future of what looks like an incredibly popular new LEC :gtpflag: (he said in the guilty knowledge that he’d had to rely on the kindness of others :embarrassed:, apologies). Seriously though, I can’t believe how many great liveries there are and how many people have turned up to have a look!
In the future, rules will indeed be rules. They got some slack now because it’s for a new game with some new rules.

I think it’s safe to say it’s gonna be popular indeed: it already passed the first ever LEC for GTS. :D I had to check. That one got less than 10k views up until now, while the new one has gotten way over twice that in just one month! That’s insane. (And it’s basically the same theme!)

I’m more than humbled that so many enjoy joining in, and those who lurk too! The interest is definitely there.

Thanks to everyone for your support. This is why I love being a part of GTP, it’s like a big family. :D

Last edited:
These are all sweet! Really take me back :)

Surprised to see no yellow and white. Definitely one of my favorites

455.jpg

455..jpg

p78
I guess the sarcasm wasn't as clear as i thought lol.
After i did a quick research, i found the discussion thread "Who is Sagittarius..."
Glad to see that i'm not the only one who is annoyed by his exclusive "Feature" in the recommended section. PD should implement the principle of GT Sport Presentation Area, the interactivity with other users and the received comments, likes and followers werde much higher.

Because it was tied to an RP award in GTS :lol:
I can happily live without the people commenting "great work L&R" and stuff like that on my stuff :crazy:
But what's the point then?

Isn't that the principle of social media, to get attention and generate reach by getting others to share your post? Of course, the typical statement including like and repost was mainly an end in itself, but it worked much better than it currently does with GT7. I find it more satisfying when good designs can develop their own momentum and players react positively to them. If many would share your opinion, there would certainly not be many entries in the contest, because a little recognition for the effort makes everyone who spends hours with the layout happy.

Because it was tied to an RP award in GTS :lol:
I can happily live without the people commenting "great work L&R" and stuff like that on my stuff :crazy:

But what's the point then?

Isn't that the principle of social media, to get attention and generate reach by getting others to share your post? Of course, the typical statement including like and repost was mainly an end in itself, but it worked much better than it currently does with GT7. I find it more satisfying when good designs can develop their own momentum and players react positively to them. If many would share your opinion, there would certainly not be many entries in the contest, because a little recognition for the effort makes everyone who spends hours with the layout happy.
I don't know what the point is, but for sure the game should reward people who spend hours and hours doing liveries and making content, helping to keep the game, as a live service, afloat. Shared a livery that took you five hours? Here, take these 250k credits.

What a find!

How awesome does that look?
Yea I was walking through my local mall here in Japan literally just last week. They have a Nissan display there usually showing classic models. Was so awesome to see this model, then it popped up in the livery contest. Great job sir, looks amazing! I’ll be downloading it in game.

It would be awesome if all of these got shared with a tag ingame because I suck at creating liveries and I really want to get my hands on some of these liveries and styles!

Yea I was walking through my local mall here in Japan literally just last week. They have a Nissan display there usually showing classic models. Was so awesome to see this model, then it popped up in the livery contest. Great job sir, looks amazing! I’ll be downloading it in game.
Here you go. Tags are - Nismo - Pennzoil - RacerX

Last edited:
It would be awesome if all of these got shared with a tag ingame because I suck at creating liveries and I really want to get my hands on some of these liveries and styles!
  • added hashtags #gtplanet #gtplc
  • added gtplanet sticker to the car
  • made it editable for personal use

Hmmm. Thoughts.

Should we make a mandatory qr code linking back to the comp somewhere on the liveries in future comps? I handmade one in one of the first comps for the Sport rounds that linked back to the forum.

Could be a cool easter egg for those unaware of GTP - or the comps. It might drive them to join.. ;)

Hmmm. Thoughts.

Should we make a mandatory qr code linking back to the comp somewhere on the liveries in future comps? I handmade one in one of the first comps for the Sport rounds that linked back to the forum.

Could be a cool easter egg for those unaware of GTP - or the comps. It might drive them to join.. ;)
I always use gtplanet decals on mine and would gladly combine them with a QR-code linking the community.

Hmmm. Thoughts.

Please no XD QR codes don't really look good unless you make them super tiny and slap them on a window somewhere, by which point they'd probably be impossible to scan with a phone due to being too blurry in GT7

Please no XD QR codes don't really look good unless you make them super tiny and slap them on a window somewhere, by which point they'd probably be impossible to scan with a phone due to being too blurry in GT7
Not neccessarily. But you brought up another idea. url windshield banner? :lol:
Doesn’t gtplanet have its own tinyurl? gtpla.net?

Anyway it was just an idea

Last edited:
Not neccessarily. But you brought up another idea. url windshield banner? :lol:
Doesn’t gtplanet have its own tinyurl? gtpla.net?

Anyway it was just an idea
I mean, if you want to go that route, maybe have it somewhere on the back or sides of each car? I dunno, just not a big fan of that sort of thing in general. I think it should be totally optional

Awesome entries!

I didn't vote for a couple I loved as I tried to adhere to the criteria "…I think it would be cool to see how people can take those themes and apply them to some of the newer cars in GT7"

A few I loved were on the older cars which I don't think is the prompt?

Then we don’t - was just an idea. :)

@996rick I can see your confusion and I guess you’re right; but I didn’t want to disq any for that. When we saw the customization I guess more than a few wanted to do a fresh new one on the existing one etc (like me). Ultimately it would be Jordan’s hammer we rule by, but he’s been so busy that I just let people do what they did as long as it was a GT livery. So many new people signed up for this comp, others pm’ed me telling me they signed up for the comps, and I think that’s more important. The fun factor. :D

I forgot to check the box when the poll closes I see. Oh well! :lol: It’s still clear who the winner is.

@Nerazzurri congratulations mate. Excellent job! :D to the rest - well done. Everyone made awesome liveries. Hope to see you all in the next one, and next one, and next one.. :D
Thanks to everyone that voted for my HKS Supra, it’s much appreciated! :cheers:
I can’t believe I won considering the standard of the competition, we’ll done everyone :gtpflag:

Back