Nuschel01

Enjoy Car Life
Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
STRIPES

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Stripes. They can be so easy to make. But they can also be pretty complex. What can be said about this theme?

"Some of the most iconic liveries through the years have been simple, they features stripes. Martini, Gulf, or my favorite: BRE. I want you to design a stripey livery, be it a simple own design, or a complex replica. There's no right or wrong, let's see those stripes!"

CARS :
  • Any.

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY :
  • No limit.

LIVERIES :
  • As the theme says, use stripes! Go simple, go complex. There's no right or wrong.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
  • Your paintscheme should only consist of stripes. Go easy on bends and other shapes. Lines can follow the body, but too curvy lines will be disqualified.
  • Not a restriction, but a reminder: of course sponsors are allowed!

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
  • Up to two Bonus Pictures allowed.

USER MADE DECALS :
  • Allowed.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on May 8, 2022 at 23:59 UTC.
This means you have one week to decide which entries to vote for. After the winner is decided, they will have one week to PM me their decided theme and be responsible to keeping an eye out on the entries and if they match the set theme.

Please note: You can NOT vote for your own work. Because of the number of entries, you can vote for three - 3 - entries.

Most, if not all entries have spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the way the creator intended, be sure to view those as well.
Take your time, and vote away!

Without further ado, here are the entries:

Poll Option #01 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #02 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #03 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #04 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #05 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #06 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #07 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #08 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #09 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10 - PS4 Pro

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17 - Playstation
Entry didn't match the required image size restrictions

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18 - Playstation

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #22 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #23 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #24 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #25 - PS4 Base
View media item 125978View media item 125979
8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #26 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #27 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #28 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #29 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #30 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #31 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #32 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #33 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #34 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #35 - PS5 Raytracing
52008888336_faa68e0ca4_z.jpg

52008941823_e6e4eb4659_z.jpg

52008941768_ffca2589d5_z.jpg

52009402155_8316e7d718_z.jpg

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #36 - PS4 Pro

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #37 - PS4 Pro

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #38 - PS4 Base
View media item 126147View media item 126146
8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #39 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #40 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #41 - PS4 Pro

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #42 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #43 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #44 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #45 - PS4 Pro

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #46 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #47 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #48 - Playstation

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #49 - PS4 Pro
52029213247_f6ccc75664_z.jpg

52030509604_a0b17a250e_z.jpg

52030259396_f44b17ac7e_z.jpg

52030293893_dfcd94c08c_z.jpg

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #50 - Playstation
Entry didn't match the required posting format
Entry didn't match the required posting format

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #51 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #52 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #53 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #54 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #55 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #56 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #57 - PS5 Raytracing

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #58 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #59 - PS4 Base

Good luck to everyone who entered :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Wtf, I reuploaded my images to an album as required and it’s still not meeting the rules? I give up!

Wtf, I reuploaded my images to an album as required and it’s still not meeting the rules? I give up!
One of the reasons for using the media upload is to make it simple to post the images at 640px, which is the requirement. You uploaded the shots to a personal media gallery, but then left the images in your post at 1620×1080px. The final step would to have been to use the gallery embed option ...

1651499416041.png

... to put the images in your post, which happens by default at the correct size.

I appreciate the frustration but the rules are there to promote an even playing field for everyone, and facilitate the thread OP's to be made in a reasonable amount of time.

If anyone's wondering about the livery in question it's the SONAX Alfa Romeo 155 DTM car and it's worth taking a peak at the links and considering giving it a vote.

It’s hardly an even playing field when your entry is hidden!
After I posted the updated version I even asked if someone was able to check they were now correct…

The solution then, is to follow the rules.

After I posted the updated version I even asked if someone was able to check they were now correct…
You did, and @syntex123 posted on Saturday to say it was still too big.

I've not had anything at all to do with the organisation of these threads aside from a bit of help in the early days of GTSport, and it's really great to see so many people entering, but it makes it all the more important for members to check that they comply with the rules (which are always in the first post) when they enter. You have to appreciate that checking through 9 pages of posts, advising everybody (potentially 60 people) what they've done wrong (or not) and helping them fix it, re-checking everything, and copy/pasting into the poll threads would be a significant task (even only 2 minutes per entry is a couple of hours work!). The onus has gotta be on the the people posting entries.

Thanks Matt for stepping in. I'll go down on this a bit more with all evidences, so buckle up everyone :lol:

After you got told about your images being too big you edited your post but failed to deliver what was asked. This was also your final edit of the post, as seen below. You asked in the thread if it was okay, which I personally must've overlooked; but this isn't a free pass.
1651507628249.png

I called you out last Friday and so did @syntex123 on Saturday:
1651507757007.png
1651507820154.png

If I'm not mistaken I saw you were online on either of those days and I kept checking posts of the people who got called out from time to time in case they didn't notify of the changes. I feel like ~30h of notice about a wrong entry is enough time to fix it, so no free pass again.

Moving on:
This answered itself by Matt's post:
One of the reasons for using the media upload is to make it simple to post the images at 640px, which is the requirement. You uploaded the shots to a personal media gallery, but then left the images in your post at 1620×1080px.
And now just to show you how much of an advantage full-size images have, here's a display of how the poll would look with the other entries scaled down to match your oversized one:

[...]
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

full

full

full

full
[...]​

1651509657953.png

To finalize this, neither me nor syntex nor anyone else is in any way forced to let people know their entries don't match the rules, it's purely a service so that every entry actually shows up in the poll.
In theory I could just go along and DSQ every entry that doesn't comply with the rules without giving notice to the entrants; and from a competitive viewpoint this would even make sense as it raises the chance of my entry getting more votes.
I will keep calling people out, but at some point repeat offenders will just be left without notice and get DSQ'd.

Last edited:
I was warned to grab some popcorn before I entered this thread.. * grabs chili mayo chips instead *

Yep, chili mayo chips was a good call. Why are you giving up, you're just doing it wrong, even after being told repeatedly.
I appreciate the frustration but the rules are there to promote an even playing field for everyone, and facilitate the thread OP's to be made in a reasonable amount of time.
Oh, I remember the first few GTS comps.. I put in 20 hours a day here at GTPlanet, organizing, helping, telling, re-telling, helping more, oof. I could go on. It wore me out, which can be seen of my years of absence. No lie.
It's hardly an even playing field if your entry gets more visibility than others as well. Several of us have checked, and several of us told you it wasn't.
You have to appreciate that checking through 9 pages of posts, advising everybody (potentially 60 people) what they've done wrong (or not) and helping them fix it, re-checking everything, and copy/pasting into the poll threads would be a significant task (even only 2 minutes per entry is a couple of hours work!). The onus has gotta be on the the people posting entries.
I think I already responded to this to share my side, but quoting you again to really make your point shine. Thank you, MatskiMonk. :D
And now just to show you how much of an advantage full-size images have, here's a display of how the poll would look with the other entries scaled down to match your oversized one:

[...]
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

full

full

full

full
[...]​

This should hit home, I hope. Again, quoting to make your point strong. :D
To finalize this, neither me nor syntex not anyone else is in any way forced to let people know their entries don't match the rules, it's purely a service so that every entry actually shows up in the poll.
In theory I could just go along and DSQ every entry that doesn't comply with the rules without giving notice to the entrants; and from a competitive viewpoint this would even make sense as it raises the chance of my entry getting more votes.
I will keep calling people out, but at some point repeat offenders will just be left without notice and get DSQ'd.
Yes! What's written in each round should be enough notice. It is even repeated in each round! Why is this? Because it is important.

I think what @djdest is failing to see here is that when the entry thread is being made, noone is there to judge what to vote for yet. They can get an idea, but nope. Not yet. But noone should forget : It's crucial that everyone posts at the same location, using the same settings for the presentation, shooting at the same angle (cough, @Cedrift62) and of course: posting their entry in the same size. Why? To get an even playing field.. :dopey:

I also keep saying if there is any confusion, PM me! I'm sure Nuschel, MatskiMonk or any other veteran who knows the rules with a blindfold on will happily assist you. Several times, if it happens to be. It gets old fast, but we're still helping. We all want the same - to let everyone make it to the poll. It's sad to disq a good entry. It's nothing we want less. But please. Accept the help. Don't turn your back on it. Then you will make it to the naughty list, and repeat offenders will be disq'ed.

I'm writing this long post only out of courtesy. Like Nuschel said in my final quote. We don't have to do this. We can stay silent and confuse everyone when their entry isn't in the poll. We did, in the beginning. So many people raged. One guy even got banned from the livery subforum because he constantly complained. Let's not make this happen again. I don't know what's worse.. Being banned from the whole site, or ONLY from the dedicated livery subforum, especially if you love making liveries and post them here. I would guess the latter.

:gtpflag:

I was warned to grab some popcorn before I entered this thread.. * grabs chili mayo chips instead *

Yep, chili mayo chips was a good call. Why are you giving up, you're just doing it wrong, even after being told repeatedly.

Oh, I remember the first few GTS comps.. I put in 20 hours a day here at GTPlanet, organizing, helping, telling, re-telling, helping more, oof. I could go on. It wore me out, which can be seen of my years of absence. No lie.

It's hardly an even playing field if your entry gets more visibility than others as well. Several of us have checked, and several of us told you it wasn't.

I think I already responded to this to share my side, but quoting you again to really make your point shine. Thank you, MatskiMonk. :D

This should hit home, I hope. Again, quoting to make your point strong. :D

Yes! What's written in each round should be enough notice. It is even repeated in each round! Why is this? Because it is important.

I think what @djdest is failing to see here is that when the entry thread is being made, noone is there to judge what to vote for yet. They can get an idea, but nope. Not yet. But noone should forget : It's crucial that everyone posts at the same location, using the same settings for the presentation, shooting at the same angle (cough, @Cedrift62) and of course: posting their entry in the same size. Why? To get an even playing field.. :dopey:

I also keep saying if there is any confusion, PM me! I'm sure Nuschel, MatskiMonk or any other veteran who knows the rules with a blindfold on will happily assist you. Several times, if it happens to be. It gets old fast, but we're still helping. We all want the same - to let everyone make it to the poll. It's sad to disq a good entry. It's nothing we want less. But please. Accept the help. Don't turn your back on it. Then you will make it to the naughty list, and repeat offenders will be disq'ed.

I'm writing this long post only out of courtesy. Like Nuschel said in my final quote. We don't have to do this. We can stay silent and confuse everyone when their entry isn't in the poll. We did, in the beginning. So many people raged. One guy even got banned from the livery subforum because he constantly complained. Let's not make this happen again. I don't know what's worse.. Being banned from the whole site, or ONLY from the dedicated livery subforum, especially if you love making liveries and post them here. I would guess the latter.

:gtpflag:
In all of this, maybe there is something very important to be stressed: @syntex123 and @Nuschel01 , as @Cytoria back in GTS days, do this out of their niceness. Handling these competitions is work, a lot of it, done for free, and if they ask people to follow some pretty basic stuff is out of their interest to make these competitions fair for everyone, which seems to me mandatory in order for them to be fun. But also as a way to make their work in handling these as efficient as possible: I'm sure nobody here would want to spend hours and hours of their lifes fixing entries that shouldn't need fixing if entrants just payed more attention to basic rules.

I appreciate that for some users the rules could be intimidating or a bit convoluted at first: GT and GTPlanet attract people from everywhere and from every age and I once was a newbie at this as well. But even then, even if you are finding something hard to understand, I'm sure regulars would be happy to help: the LEC thread serves not only as a place for you to submit your work, but as a space for you to talk about the competition, get your questions answered and all the help you need. And once you enter one or two times, there's really nothing to it, it all comes down to just procedures, as booting up the game, selecting a car, going to the livery editor and making your livery already is: if you can manage that, you can make a forum post as well.

In all this time, taking part as a regular participant, or as a lurker, I never saw someone ask for help and be ignored in livery and photo competitions.

Last edited:
I appreciate that for some users the rules could seem intimidating or a bit convoluted at first
And that’s why we went simple this time with basically 0 settings vs how much the presentation pics needed work in GTS, @BLiTZ’ settings are awesome, but like you said - for a new person this could very well be too intimidating.

Also thanks for your kind words. :D

Unfortunately this has become fairly standard with people in general. No accountability and then blaming others for their own grown folk business. in my humble view this one of the many things wrong with the world today.

On another note great effort by all who submitted entries even old mate. I am always blown away by what people can do with these livery editors that are available in game.

Last edited:
Back