[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. The majority of those are just nit-picking words that have no substitute, minus some of Hillary's and the Biden issue.

For the most part though, it's PC speech, and there's only so much PC crap you can say...

Plagiarism is plagiarism.

Best Trump supporter quote of the year. :bowdown:

Still waiting...

I have a request.
Right, because a group of Facebook users appropriating the slogan of a politician is exactly the same as the wife of the man who would be the leader of the free world plagiarising extensive portions of a speech made by the wife of a political rival and doing so on a stage with the eyes of the world watching as she tries to position him as a man of integrity and character ...

Trump is correct on lecturing other countries...
And some others are correct on lecturing him :lol:
Here's a poll from France (i'd like to also see polls from other countries about Trump btw, if one have that).

upload_2016-7-22_16-57-56.png

I find the jump in percentage the last question interesting. If I read it right they have some confidence in what he'll do.

I find the jump in percentage the last question interesting. If I read it right they have some confidence in what he'll do.
It means that among the minority that thinks his war against terrorism wouldn't be a concern, a third (probably) thinks he would nonetheless jeopardize the world peace.

What is "self plagiarism"? I thought plagiarism by definition involved taking someone else's work.
Academically, it's when you take your own work on one subject and re-use it elsewhere without acknowledging where it came from even if it is your own intellectual property. I have rarely seen it outside a school, where it is largely used as a deterrent against students trying to recycle their own work to cut corners.

Academically, it's when you take your own work on one subject and re-use it elsewhere without acknowledging where it came from even if it is your own intellectual property. I have rarely seen it outside a school, where it is largely used as a deterrent against students trying to recycle their own work to cut corners.

Ah ok, thanks - nevermind then.

Trump will nuke the RNC headquarters.
"The mushroom cloud will be YUUUUUUUUUUUUGE, I tell you, it's gonna be great seeing Reince Priebus with radiation sores all over him for mocking my hands." - Trump

When you consider the fact that it's the American taxpayer who is bearing the burden when it come to NATO he's still right.

Except he isn't. They pay about 20% as is their share in the GNS calculation. Trump's 73% is crazy, incredible and not calculable using any actual facts. He's either deliberately lying, being deliberately lied to... or he's just not very clever.

I haven't read the link in the post you quoted, but I am guessing that it's either a pithy attempt to deflect attention away from the Trumps or to justify Melania Trump's actions.
This is old news. She didn't write the speech, someone else dId. It's been explained how it happened and it makes sense to a rational person. Likewise, a rational person would think it's ludicrous that, with all the resources at her disposal, she simply went to YouTube and copied down what Mrs. Obama said and hoped no one would notice.

It's been explained how it happened and it makes sense to a rational person.
If my students plagiarise, they always try and explain it in a rational manner. They still get a zero, referred to the principal, have their parents called and a notation made in their academic file. Trump doesn't get a free pass because there is a "rational explanation". Plagiarism is plagiarism.

Right, because a group of Facebook users appropriating the slogan of a politician is exactly the same as the wife of the man who would be the leader of the free world plagiarising extensive portions of a speech made by the wife of a political rival and doing so on a stage with the eyes of the world watching as she tries to position him as a man of integrity and character ...
It wasn't just a Facebook thing. Sanders supporters kept trying to convince Ron Paul supporters to join them, using the same statements and slogans to look the same, claiming they were the same and acting like there was no difference. They tried hard to mimic Ron Paul tactics to get just enough outside support to push it over the edge.

Trust me, I had it coming at me from all sides. Fortunately, most Ron Paul supporters could see through Sanders' hypocrisy.

Speaking of...

image.jpeg

Just finished reading Trumps RNC speech complete with annotations for fact checking (he did remarkably well on the fact checking). I keep expecting Trump to get eventually ousted as a pretender/fraud, and it keeps not happening. He throws tons of stones, provides no solid recommendations, gives a few specifics for action - none of which will accomplish anything good, and calls it a day.

You know what? That's prefect for a politician. He won't get called out as a pretender because they're all pretenders. He's got no fewer plans than anyone else in the two parties, and no worse ideas either. He's not a fraud, he's the blueprint for politician. Hillary won't uncover him as a sham because she's at least as big a sham.

If my students plagiarise, they always try and explain it in a rational manner. They still get a zero, referred to the principal, have their parents called and a notation made in their academic file. Trump doesn't get a free pass because there is a "rational explanation". Plagiarism is plagiarism.
We're not talking about school kids and essays on kangaroos or photosynthesis. Like I said, no rational person would believe that there was any intent here, it just doesn't make sense. There are 7 billion people on the planet. Who do you think the last person on Earth Donald J Trump would want his wife to plagiarize?

Except he isn't. They pay about 20% as is their share in the GNS calculation. Trump's 73% is crazy, incredible and not calculable using any actual facts. He's either deliberately lying, being deliberately lied to... or he's just not very clever.

Where in the Constitution does it say that I the taxpayer should be subsidizing the defense of another nation let alone protecting them?

He appears to have taken it from this....

"Today, the volume of the US defence expenditure effectively represents 73 per cent of the defence spending of the Alliance as a whole. This does not mean that the United States covers 73 per cent of the costs involved in the operational running of NATO as an organisation, including its headquarters in Brussels and its subordinate military commands, but it does mean that there is an over-reliance by the Alliance as a whole on the United States for the provision of essential capabilities, including for instance, in regard to intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; air-to-air refuelling; ballistic missile defence; and airborne electronic warfare."

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_67655.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back