Poll: What aid-tools in sport mode should be allowed ?

What is your wish regarding to aid-tools used in sport mod and do you want it to change ?

• Total voters
L
Sport Mode races are for everyone.
From E/E players to S/S players. Matchmaking and qualifying are there to give some fairness to the races.

Maybe there should be one or two more races.
Maybe damage should be set to on in some races.

But everybody is free to choose which AIDS they want to use.

IMPOSING what others should use or do based on the way you use the game is not right...
Being AIDS used or cockpit vs other views.

If you want others to use your rules you go to lobby, create a room and invite your “purist” friends.

If I were a “purist” too I would ban all DS4 users.... “damn fakers!! Who drives a car with a remote?!?”
But I’m not, so I just enjoy the game as I want and don’t care what setting others are using...

Being said, I respect your choices and opinions, just don’t try to impose them on me!!
damn fakers ? Lol its a GAME!!! Its not because you cant drive the dream cars in real life, you have to buy a wheel and think yeahhh im the man. Get a life dude. Its works the other way around aswell you would be shocked how much ds4 players beat wheel user, and a good wheel setup had advantage over a ds4.

L
damn fakers ? Lol its a GAME!!! Its not because you cant drive the dream cars in real life, you have to buy a wheel and think yeahhh im the man. Get a life dude. Its works the other way around aswell you would be shocked how much ds4 players beat wheel user, and a good wheel setup had advantage over a ds4.
Read the whole post, please. The damn fakers was sarcasm in relation to the points she was making

you would be shocked how much ds4 players beat wheel user
Did you miss the point of the thread ? Of course soms DS4 players are faster than SW players. For some that is the reason to split the game. Which of course should never happen, but you are now stating one of the common reasons for some players why the game lacks real competition if the basis of the game is not equality.

The poll shows the majority disagree with a lot of negatism in the threads where people complain about CSA and other aids compared to other users. Most people scream “just leave it and let everybody do what they want” or “why would you care how others drive” etc etc.

The poll clearly shows something different than that.

Did you miss the point of the thread ? Of course soms DS4 players are faster than SW players. For some that is the reason to split the game. Which of course should never happen, but you are now stating one of the common reasons for some players why the game lacks real competition if the basis of the game is not equality.

The poll shows the majority disagree with a lot of negatism in the threads where people complain about CSA and other aids compared to other users. Most people scream “just leave it and let everybody do what they want” or “why would you care how others drive” etc etc.

The poll clearly shows something different than that.
Well theres no reason to split the pkayers. I race from day one with only abs, never use aids.. i do think it would be better to have the option of racing against ppl with same aids.

I want everything allowed always, i just want a "penalty" in speed, for example slower acceleration, less bhp or whatever so that you get faster with every aid you drop*

ABS* withstanding.

Not even ABS? I don’t understand how people can be quick without ABS. In PCars, I’d just lower the pressure until it’d stop locking, but not being able to change brake pressure and not using ABS makes no sense to me.

Sorry, yes to ABS. The community usually considers ABS to be fine. That said, I have played without ABS and I lose about 0.5 to 1.5 seconds a lap. The car just feels wonky, but it's doable.

I want everything allowed always, i just want a "penalty" in speed, for example slower acceleration, less bhp or whatever so that you get faster with every aid you drop*

ABS* withstanding.

You should know then that that is exactly what happens. It's most apparent with eh F1500. It's not a penalty, the TCS just slows your acceleration. That's why I go without.

If someone accelerates quicker with TCS on, then the problem is you.

You should know then that that is exactly what happens. It's most apparent with eh F1500. It's not a penalty, the TCS just slows your acceleration. That's why I go without.

If someone accelerates quicker with TCS on, then the problem is you.

You should know that this is not the case where these aids are usually needed :)

The problem is, this is not the game to be asking people about using driver aids or not because the majority can't play the game without them.
The sim racers amongst us are all doing that on other games with like minded and skilled players, GT Sport is actually too broad a user base to expect players to be doing otherwise.

It would be nice to have a feature like project cars 2 where you can run a lobby or event with realistic driver aids for that particular car or racing series, GT3, GT4 etc but I suspect that might lead to empty lobbies, even if you started taking the most basic aids away

Whoops, I already forgot what it is :lol:

Fair enough, point taken

For me this was never about you and the other crazy talented racers (now go fire up that Lexus and give us a 5:xx on Nurburgring!) it's about being slow and trying hard without aids and then feeling other slow drivers getting an advantage with aids... look i am repeating myself! :-) <3

For me this was never about you and the other crazy talented racers (now go fire up that Lexus and give us a 5:xx on Nurburgring!) it's about being slow and trying hard without aids and then feeling other slow drivers getting an advantage with aids... look i am repeating myself! :-) <3
I'm on the inclusionary side that aids should be allowed, but really all threads that talk about this are getting so mucked up that I don't really know who's on which side and what points contribute to which side anymore :boggled:
I see yours though. I never thought about people who don't reach the potentials of the cars close enough for TCS and ASM to hinder them, so that's a nice take on this argument

Also, trust me, if I'm at my PS4 right now I'd be doing that for hours now :lol:

Last edited:
I really wish PD fixed their ABS. I run no abs no tc no stm in Forza 7.

I've driven no ABS cars in real life for decades.

The way PD does no ABS isnt like a real life car.

So in sum, I just use ABS default.

You should know that this is not the case where these aids are usually needed :)

I bet that I can beat any lap you set in any car from Gr1 and down, in stock form. You are allowed all aids. I am allowed NO aids, not even ABS. I bet I can go faster, thereby destroying any argument you have.

Throw the lap down my friend.

I bet that I can beat any lap you set in any car from Gr1 and down, in stock form. You are allowed all aids. I am allowed NO aids, not even ABS. I bet I can go faster, thereby destroying any argument you have.

Please refer to what he said after I asked for an example
I have this Deja-Vu from the other 8+ page long thread on the subject :)

Slow drivers, i met them in DR D/C and my experience is that without those aids they would be even slower.
Ask someone in DR D/C to do the tests, not an S/S

Edit: I'll accept the challenge if you wish so though; I'm using CSA :-)

Please refer to what he said after I asked for an example

Ask someone in DR D/C to do the tests, not an S/S

Edit: I'll accept the challenge if you wish so though; I'm using CSA :-)

I saw it. I have paraphrased it in the past, but I will again. "I'm slow and other drivers who I believe should be slower are not slower and I blame aids". That's the gist of the argument. It's an invalid argument because 1 - if a driver is slow, the issues are multiple and 2 - there is no way to validate the pace of other drivers.

It goes in circles. The only proven way to go faster is practice.

I saw it. I have paraphrased it in the past, but I will again. "I'm slow and other drivers who I believe should be slower are not slower and I blame aids". That's the gist of the argument. It's an invalid argument because 1 - if a driver is slow, the issues are multiple and 2 - there is no way to validate the pace of other drivers.

Okay then
Wanna try out the test?

I am not saying you missed the point.. but you missed the point :)

Okay then
Wanna try out the test?

Hit me...I didn't see it.

I am not saying you missed the point.. but you missed the point :)

No, you missed your own point. I am trying to make you see that. You can't possibly know that the aids are the reason other drivers are beating you or keeping up to you. You can't. End of story. It doesn't matter how much you believe it, you can't prove it. You can only believe it to be so.

If you concede that you are slower for skill reasons, then you are validating that skill is a fluid, non-quantifiable trait that is as grey as dirty water and that you cannot in any way, shape or form, blame aids use by other people for your own performance.

If aids are "banned" the people that you feel are relying on aids will simply adapt and still go faster. Then, you will have nothing left to blame.

No, you missed your own point. I am trying to make you see that. You can't possibly know that the aids are the reason other drivers are beating you or keeping up to you. You can't. End of story. It doesn't matter how much you believe it, you can't prove it. You can only believe it to be so.

If you concede that you are slower for skill reasons, then you are validating that skill is a fluid, non-quantifiable trait that is as grey as dirty water and that you cannot in any way, shape or form, blame aids use by other people for your own performance.

If aids are "banned" the people that you feel are relying on aids will simply adapt and still go faster. Then, you will have nothing left to blame.

You have that internet kid tone to your posts, i would enable some nice person aid to help your posts get a more positive style.

Bye!

The poll is flawed. It considers Sport Mode as a whole, rather than ramping up difficulty and realism as higher ranking is achieved. And especially the FIA sanctioned stuff.

Bottom line is, with PD's pretty unrealistic tire and handling model, because of the changes from GT6 (which I consider a FAR better model for gaming purposes), it seems nowadays pad drivers HAVE to have far more handholding than they used to need. But for the FIA stuff to be not be simply a logo and no real connection to the sport, I feel the FIA stuff MUST be done on authentic aids to the real car.

Perhaps if this were the case, it would put PD's feet to the fire to spend less time on ephemera and eye candy, and finally concentrate on a tire model and handling model that makes the cars not NEED massive fake aids..?

So my response to the poll would be:

Authentic aids for FIA races only.
Authentic aids for S/S wheel drivers.
Anything you need for the rest.
Higher payouts for fewer aids. Especially CSA.

IIRC, GT Academy disabled some aids. So, there is your precedent.

Tires, tune, and aids in the description

Actually, there is quite a simple way to test the pace of other drivers. Have a Sport Mode series of races with only authentic aids.

I'm betting PD are scared blind of doing something like that, as it would expose how massively more than GT6 most players have to rely on artificial aids.

Actually, there is quite a simple way to test the pace of other drivers. Have a Sport Mode series of races with only authentic aids.

I'm betting PD are scared blind of doing something like that, as it would expose how massively more than GT6 most players have to rely on artificial aids.
Its all artificial. They could have just incorporated CSA in to their steering algorithms and you would never know, and then you would feel all proud that you dont use "artificial aids" The fact that they make it optional is just a feature and something that people are blowing up about. If they didnt make it optional, everyone would be ok with it.

Its all artificial. They could have just incorporated CSA in to their steering algorithms and you would never know, and then you would feel all proud that you dont use "artificial aids" The fact that they make it optional is just a feature and something that people are blowing up about. If they didnt make it optional, everyone would be ok with it.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Keep an eye on the updates especially when they note improvements to "traction control" for certain cars, like when they did some work on the mid engined Gr3 cars. The kind of aids that exist on real cars are in the game, behind the scenes.

That's why GT is playable with a controller while other games are not. Everything is artificial. There is a myriad of bells and whistles behind the scenes to achieve that familiar GT feel.

I am currently sitting at 733 Sport Mode races. I have yet to be beaten to the line because someone has been using aids. If someone finished in front of me, they were the better driver at that time. Funny how I am 733-0 versus the aids. Prove me wrong.

Keep an eye on the updates especially when they note improvements to "traction control" for certain cars, like when they did some work on the mid engined Gr3 cars. The kind of aids that exist on real cars are in the game, behind the scenes.

That's why GT is playable with a controller while other games are not. Everything is artificial. There is a myriad of bells and whistles behind the scenes to achieve that familiar GT feel.

I am currently sitting at 733 Sport Mode races. I have yet to be beaten to the line because someone has been using aids. If someone finished in front of me, they were the better driver at that time. Funny how I am 733-0 versus the aids. Prove me wrong.
Yeah my video's right there.

Back