**POLL** What do you like in a GTPlanet based racing league?

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 41 comments

Please select one from each group.

• Date: Weekdays

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Date: Weekends

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Time: Mornings

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Time: Afternoons/Evenings

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • Type: Sprint Races < 1 hour

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Type: Endurance Races > 1 hour

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Tuning: Allowed

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Tuning: Not Allowed

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters
Great idea. Is it possible to add voting options for car categories? I'd like to see what the general consensus is.

Thanks to everyone that has voted. Looks like the consensus is that weekend, evening races an hour or longer with tuning are what the majority prefers. For a while there the race length could have gone either way, was 50/50.

I'm not surprised on the race length but I am surprised on tuning from all the packed non tuning leagues in this fourm. Then again it doesn't Specify classes and it's just an overall poll and almost all N-class guys want tuning allowed.

Great information.

Interesting thread @R1600Turbo 👍.

As I'm retired weekday mornings through to afternoon works for me, and being from Australia it suits reasonably well for many Northern Hemisphere lobbies. Tuning allowed or not is dependant on car class/series type, but not a deal breaker either way.

By choice from participants or organizers?

Honestly, both of them equally factor into that. A lot of people are just deeply against tuning. I’d say most
of them are against it because they either don’t know how or they feel that tuning tarnishes the experience. That, and I think that they want to replicate Sport Mode as much as possible, which as you know, mostly has tuning locked out.

Honestly, both of them equally factor into that. A lot of people are just deeply against tuning. I’d say most
of them are against it because they either don’t know how or they feel that tuning tarnishes the experience. That, and I think that they want to replicate Sport Mode as much as possible, which as you know, mostly has tuning locked out.
My whole reason for posting this thread is that it seems fairly hard to attract attention to most series unless it's already an established group like Snail. Trying to nail down that perfect combination that will seem interesting to more than a handful of people and putting it somewhere that doesn't conflict with other start times is quite challenging.

My whole reason for posting this thread is that it seems fairly hard to attract attention to most series unless it's already an established group like Snail. Trying to nail down that perfect combination that will seem interesting to more than a handful of people and putting it somewhere that doesn't conflict with other start times is quite challenging.
Just gotta find your niche like ARL or even @Satomiblood. He runs a weekly Saturday morning event from 9-11am EST. It actually very fun. I would encourage anyone who hasn’t tried to give this a shot.

Just gotta find your niche like ARL or even @Satomiblood. He runs a weekly Saturday morning event from 9-11am EST. It actually very fun. I would encourage anyone who hasn’t tried to give this a shot.
I'm not usually a fan of weekend mornings since I get up at 5am during the week for work and like my sleep-in time. ;) That series would start at 6am for me which is a no-go. :lol:

Also dealing with the different time zones across the world comes into play as well. Starting a race around 7:00pm EST is midnight for the UK that has alot of online players. Finding that sweet spot to get both the US & UK in the lobby without it being to late or to early is also a big factor.

Also dealing with the different time zones across the world comes into play as well. Starting a race around 7:00pm EST is midnight for the UK that has alot of online players. Finding that sweet spot to get both the US & UK in the lobby without it being to late or to early is also a big factor.
I might have a nice spot where my current series is, just gotta find something people like.

The funny thing about the time difference is that I see a lot of players on my PSN playing GTSport as early as 7:30 in the morning on weekends. Many of those individuals are outside the U.S., but quite a few are North American early risers as well.

Last edited:
I might have a nice spot where my current series is, just gotta find something people like.

Just find a combination and time that works for you first.

Chances are you aren't the only person who is interested in that type of event.

Don't worry if the lobbies are small to begin with. If you do a good job running the series more people will join.

The most important thing is don't be afraid to make changes on the fly. If there is something that seemed like a good idea at the season start but isn't working, don't be shy about fixing it mid season.

That kind of proactive behavior will make your series a success in no time.

I’d like to find something that takes place on a Friday evenings. Running on Atlantic time makes it hard for me to do events on week nights, they typically run until midnight or later my time. :)

I’d like to find something that takes place on a Friday evenings. Running on Atlantic time makes it hard for me to do events on week nights, they typically run until midnight or later my time. :)
I have a 1 race per month GT3 Cup Challenge series set to start up on August 16. Click the link in my signature if your interested. Still need a few reserve drivers to fill the roster.

@R1600Turbo
Great post and poll. I have had my series posted since early June, and no one has shown a spit of interest. I've even tried switching things up from the norm by using cars that aren't normally used for a series, a different format, scheduling 1 race per month instead of weekly to keep it fresh and a lower commitment, and even allowing tuning, and still little to no interest outside of the Snail membership. This is a good gauge to see where interests fall for future start ups. Nice job:cheers:

R1600Turbo
Great post and poll. I have had my series posted since early June, and no one has shown a spit of interest. I've even tried switching things up from the norm by using cars that aren't normally used for a series, a different format, scheduling 1 race per month instead of weekly to keep it fresh and a lower commitment, and even allowing tuning, and still little to no interest outside of the Snail membership. This is a good gauge to see where interests fall for future start ups. Nice job:cheers:
I just posted one that mimics the results of this poll and have received zero interest. *Shrug*

I was thinking about this the other day, but am wondering if my lobby is just too casual in comparison to the more established groups. People seem really interested in point systems, tuning restrictions, and set livery/number plate/wheel guidelines.

Regarding schedules, I'm not as bothered by the dates and times anymore. While I've tried early weekend afternoons with minimal success, weekend mornings suit me best. I've found that if people are really interested in an event, they'll make it work with their schedule even if it involves being a night owl or an early riser.

Last edited:
I just posted one that mimics the results of this poll and have received zero interest. *Shrug*
Why don't you run in ARL Gr 4 series this season?

It will be a good opportunity to meet people who also like to run Gr4 and a great way to promote your own series.

You will also get to see how that series runs and maybe take what you like and implement into your series.

Also, don't be afraid to message any of the series managers on gtplanet for help. We all want to see everyone succeed.

I wish I had something more to offer you guys on advice. I'm very lucky to have a once a month Series that has been successful and I don't take it for granted.
I started my series almost two years ago and the amount of people playing GTS was alot less than now so not many organized races were available outside of Snail back then.
I like Snail and many of their members have become friends of mine over the years but their schedule doesn't line up with mine.

The amount of organized races popping up on this site has more than doubled in the past year so starting a new one among all the others will not be an easy task but it can be done and I think everyone here is on the right track to make that happen.

Why don't you run in ARL Gr 4 series this season?

It will be a good opportunity to meet people who also like to run Gr4 and a great way to promote your own series.

You will also get to see how that series runs and maybe take what you like and implement into your series.

Also, don't be afraid to message any of the series managers on gtplanet for help. We all want to see everyone succeed.

ARL is a great example. To me they are newer league that has really taken off big time. Most of their members or leaders are from Snail and they really know how to organize a race or series.
I have raced in both of their Gr.4 & Gr.3 leagues and the members that make up both Series are just awesome people. They also have an almost unlimited amount of people who race with them from Snail themselves and then people like me.

Getting involved with a group like this will let you see what Formula seems to be working and the friendships made will only help your Series over time.
Many of the ARL members and the MSN members race in many different leagues. The one thing I here the most from my members is their is just not enough variety or people thinking outside the box and doing things definitely. There are more organized Gr.3 races than any other group so doing something different that nobody has thought of might be a challenge. But on the flip side there are not to many Gr.4 Series and almost no Gr.2 Series.

If I was going to focus on a new Series it would be with Gr.2 and finding a formula that will draw people into something different.

I tried running a Super GT event and no one really showed up, which surprised me since I thought anything in the Gr.1/Gr.2/Gr.3/Gr.4 categories was a safe bet for participation.

I tried running a Super GT event and no one really showed up, which surprised me since I thought anything in the Gr.1/Gr.2/Gr.3/Gr.4 categories was a safe bet for participation.

That would have been my assumption as well.

Tried something different as well. Instead of using the Cayman for a GT4 Challenge or the 911 RSR for a GT3 Challenge, the series I have starting soon is using the [N500] '16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS with tuning open. Still been a long road to get a roster filled, and still trying to secure reserves. The fact that it is summertime I'm sure hasn't helped.

Back