**POLL** What do you like in a GTPlanet based racing league?

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 41 comments

Please select one from each group.

• Date: Weekdays

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Date: Weekends

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Time: Mornings

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Time: Afternoons/Evenings

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • Type: Sprint Races < 1 hour

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Type: Endurance Races > 1 hour

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Tuning: Allowed

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Tuning: Not Allowed

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters
Summer definitely makes this tougher. It's always like that. I'm also holding onto a Formula 2 series that's ready to go but I don't want to waste it now with little activity. There's already a Super Formula series that runs during the day US time so having something for evening NA drivers would be perfect. Just not yet.

Why don't you run in ARL Gr 4 series this season?

It will be a good opportunity to meet people who also like to run Gr4 and a great way to promote your own series.

You will also get to see how that series runs and maybe take what you like and implement into your series.

Also, don't be afraid to message any of the series managers on gtplanet for help. We all want to see everyone succeed.
I'll give it a look. But I am definitely not new to this running a league thing. Had a very successful Spec Miata series that sometimes had to run two rooms because there were so many participants. I'm very organized as well, kind of consider it one of my trademarks. I just don't think anyone is interested in what I have to offer which is a shame because I personally think I have great ideas that seem like they would be fun but I guess that might not be the case.

You do have good ideas and I've seen your work in the past. That's why when you came back I knew your name seemed familiar. You got this dude, just be patient with the summer months. Also, I sent you a PM :)

I'll give it a look. But I am definitely not new to this running a league thing. Had a very successful Spec Miata series that sometimes had to run two rooms because there were so many participants. I'm very organized as well, kind of consider it one of my trademarks. I just don't think anyone is interested in what I have to offer which is a shame because I personally think I have great ideas that seem like they would be fun but I guess that might not be the case.

10-4. Loud and clear.

I'm actually in the same boat. My lobby is just too inconsistent and it's been that way for about a year. Recently, I had a grid of about 10-12 players (a true unicorn moment). The following week, only one person showed up. The participation has ranged from weak to mediocre and it's been that way for the past year. As much as I don't want to pull the plug, the underwhelming numbers have sapped my motivation. I actually tried the weekend/afternoon combination for a few weeks and the results weren't much better, so I think it comes down to the content I'm offering.

I'm actually in the same boat. My lobby is just too inconsistent and it's been that way for about a year. Recently, I had a grid of about 10-12 players (a true unicorn moment). The following week, only one person showed up. The participation has ranged from weak to mediocre and it's been that way for the past year. As much as I don't want to pull the plug, the underwhelming numbers have sapped my motivation. I actually tried the weekend/afternoon combination for a few weeks and the results weren't much better, so I think it comes down to the content I'm offering.
Right there with you.

Question for everyone: how do you feel about one-make series? Everything else you can make how you want, tuning, no tuning, whatever. But the idea of one-make versus many cars that need a BOP, what is everyone's opinion of one-make?

One-makes are fun. I do allow tuning in the ones I’ve hosted, but I set the power and weight limits to stock. It’s the easiest type of race to manage. I’m not a huge fan of BOP because it hurts certain cars more than it helps, but it’s necessary if you want to balance out a field.

I don't mean game's BOP, I mean taking the time to make your own. That takes time and can need changing through a season. One-make eliminates that worry.

So, custom BOP. You kind of answered your own question in that it does take time because you have to come up with your own sets of values that’ll probably need to be re-evaluated and tweaked over time, especially if the performance of certain cars changes over the course of updates. It appears doable, though.

Sorry, by everyone I meant on the forums, not in the thread. I'd like to see some other people that just like to race give their opinions outside of the original poll

Could be something worth exploring in another thread if you’re looking to reach an audience outside of this one. It’s a good question and certainly worth polling.

Back