Votes: 128 31.4%
  • Shuffle Racing

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • B-spec

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • GT 7: Prologue

Votes: 103 25.3%

• Total voters
I expect something. At the least, the Prologue hints dropped by SONY people seem too much like strategerie.

I've been meaning to say something for a while. I don't know what it's like at NeoGaf, but the signal to noise ratio here is getting pretty bad. Fans are going silent or being driven off by the complaining, which is growing increasingly unreasonable and mean spirited, and directed towards them too. And SONY, and PD, and right at Kaz.

Suppose the numbers really are bad for GT6. And you're a SONY guy or gal whose job it is to judge the market mood. And you come to essentially the "official" Gran Turismo site and get an eyeful of "This game sucks", "Message me when this thing is worth playing again", "I sold my copy already", "I'm done with Gran Turismo forever" and stuff. Every thread becomes a grouch thread, and a certain number end in fight locks. And while there are this handful of positive members like Zlork, eran0004, Griffith500, our beloved amar212 and myself, we're a small minority. You can't paint this mood in Bob Dole's humorous "undecided," and report your findings back to SONY.

Now, given that SONY needs cash badly to fund this new venture called PS4, and has been known to whittle things down in harsh money saving measures, even to releasing entire studios, if GT6 looks like a losing proposition, what do you think they would do?

If GT6 does get the coffin nailed shut, don't you guys think you hold a few of the hammers?

What do you expect , really? :) Gran Turismo 7 Prologue ?

Yes , part of PoDi working on it ... Kazu had even announced that several things in GT6 are "next-gen ready" . But it will not be this year for several reasons :

- Drive Club. Yes, this isn't the same type of racing game. But this is of little importance when we know today , many players have less interest in Drive Club. So, release Gran Turismo 7 at the same time , it's too dangerous. Sony should give a chance to a new IP and not destroy it.

- Gran Turismo 6. There are still 5 features to add and among others, Senna contents. If a part of the team working on the next episode, much still working on the 6th. PoDi have planned a year update.

It's precisely the fact that you don't stop to think about Gran Turismo 7 makes you anxious, stressed or whatever. Personally, I start thinking about Gran Turismo 7, next year . Today, it's too early , I don't want to do an episode/year as Activision do with Call of Duty.

Obviously, Kazu don't want to announce a game several years in advance (cf. Gran Turismo PSP , Gran Turismo 6) So , don't expect an announcement of Gran Turismo 7 in 2 or 3 years, at E3 ou TGS.

Last thing: GTPlanet is a minority. Don't stress over, let PoDi work.

@Zlork, a couple of points.

Drive Club: yeah, I'm up on that whole need to not release at the same time, but Project CARS is releasing this year too, supposedly. And not only does DC have the cloud of GT7 hanging over it, which is inescapable, it also has its own cloud to deal with. As a new IP, it has to win over fans. It's hard to say how big the reception is going to be. If it does release in the next two months as some rumors indicate, fans might glom onto it because there are no other choices on PS4. I'm not all that fussed over something that looks much too Need For Speed and supercar heavy, and if there's no good PS4 racing wheel, my interest is just about zero. Not too sure if our Logitechs will be supported.

Project CARS: it has its own issues, not the least of which is that it's a PC sim at heart. And then there's the sour taste of the Shift games SMS produced for EA. Not to mention GT7 hanging over it too. But as a more serious racer than DC, it might gain a foothold among the racing community.

GT7/Prologue: the drumbeats are reverberating all along the gaming horizon for it, for something, even a Prologue again. Now one thing about Prologue is that it's a minigame, and as such, would sit more comfortably alongside other full racing games. And when GT fans get tired of doing the same races over and over, both DC and P CARS might look more appealing, as well as any Rally and F1 games out.

GT6: Griffith500 came up with a good explanation for the silence and lack of updates. That PD are working to make everything work together properly on the tricky Cell-based console, and as such, may require megapatches of a few features that are just too interconnected to release separately. Of course, that begs the question as to why there has been no car and track DLC yet, which is making me thing Prologue.........

We'll know more at E3.

When GT7 comes out (even as a prologue), I have a feeling it will be a "release over time" to build it to a full game, which I personally will predict it will become (as in the full version of 7). And that comes with a really big IF as to it coming out this year. I see it being possible, but maybe not probable.

But once it IS out, I see something like GT5 XL happening for the full version in another couple/few years.

I honestly don't see GT7 on the horizon until at least the beginning of 2016.

For now, I see only a few Vision GT cars and MAYBE that new track. I really want a track longer than the Nurburgring so I can run 2 lap races there and get tons of rage from people about it.

Senna content is the most popular option, did they promise this or set a deadline soon or what is the reason that so many are expecting this?

Senna content is the most popular option, did they promise this or set a deadline soon or what is the reason that so many are expecting this?

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-gt6-launch-interview/

Yesterday, you mentioned Ayrton Senna and the fact that Gran Turismo might never have been made without him. Why is Senna such an important figure for you, and how will you integrate his legacy into the game?

“I think there were two things that I learned from Ayrton Senna, one was simply how incredible motor racing is, and the other thing was his constant strive for perfection. I was very young then, watching him, and I was very affected by his drive for perfection.

“I think there was a period of time there where probably 90% of everything in my mind was Ayrton Senna! So, when I review the subject of Senna, it’s hard to keep calm. Even the opening movie, I realize it’s a bit sentimental, but I think there’s a lot of people out there in the world that share the same sentiment with me.

“In regards to the collaborations we’re going to do with the Ayrton Senna institute, the goal is to do something around May of next year, which would be the 20th year after his passing.

“Honestly speaking, I think Senna, his figure is just someone who is forever in history, and there is no need for us to re-express what he is. But there is a generation of Gran Turismo players who don’t know who Ayrton Senna is, and I thought that it was our last opportunity to convey who he was to that generation, because it’s already been twenty years.

He died on May 1st. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the content to come on that date. If they're going to release it on May 27th or some other random date, there's little more meaning to that than there is to releasing it on October 31st or any other day of the year.

The anniversary of his death should be the release date.

Maybe the day after... It seems more of (well at least where I'm from) a respectable manner than to say "well if he didn't die it probably wouldn't be here now"

Now, I'm not disrespecting anyone by that, but IMO that's how I view things announced/released on people's dates when they have passed.

Edit: I just looked @Imari 's link provided and saw this:
“We do already have a big update coming in December, and in January there will probably be two big updates. And that’s because there’s a lot of things, such as the unveiling of new cars, which we have no control over.”

So I just had a head scratcher.... @Jordan Does big in Japanese refer to size, or importance? Or whatever the correct dialect translation it would be.

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-gt6-launch-interview/

He died on May 1st. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the content to come on that date. If they're going to release it on May 27th or some other random date, there's little more meaning to that than there is to releasing it on October 31st or any other day of the year.

The anniversary of his death should be the release date.

I remember reading that, that was actually some good news content that deserves to be on the front page, not like the ramblings about films we get with the rewinds.

Though when I get to the part about releasing content in January, February, March, April, May etc. I feel like it wasn't too true. Specifically he talks about a big update in December and two big ones in January. I'm not sure what we had except the few Red Bull missions really but please remind me what was major if anyone else remembers.

The January - May period would allegedly contain things such as course maker, community features and "actually more things they can't mention".
The only real deadline to still hope for is Senna I guess, which if it's just a car and a track seems pretty achievable as long as they have updated their calendars since the Red Bull debacle.

So I just had a head scratcher.... @Jordan Does big in Japanese refer to size, or importance? Or whatever the correct dialect translation it would be.

Probably size. The common Japanese words for important could translated as "big", but there are usually better choices.

I suspect B-spec. Since we got the 3d stuff and now Data logger with other stuff.

You make a good point that I hadn't thought of.
If the datalogger wasn't included from the beginning: How fast was I going, which gear, and so on.
Then maybe there was an issue handling that data since they had to remove the data logger from the previous game, that might have been something needed to power B-spec.

Data logger powering B-Spec? Well that's a new one.
Not in that sense, but if they lost the ability to access some of the data then that might have made B-spec impossible where you would need the progressive AI of your driver to be aware of what other cars do.

Or I might be trying to rationalize the decision to remove the logger from GT5 and this is a reason that makes sense in the world of PD. I might also just have added extreme expectations on the capabilities of the AI driver in the coming B-spec. But why else take these things out if there wasn't a problem and they're not working on providing something that is significantly better? Is the new data logger better in any way?

Hello,
Next Vision Car : Volkswagen Golf R 400 Concept ?
lxgjufpb9uzmn6lnbjwv.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/the-volkswagen-golf-r-400-concept-is-a-golf-that-can-go-1564276741

Picture from GT Official :
i1cpDuxIz9RWHz.jpg

Time will tell ...
:rolleyes:

Back