Votes: 128 31.4%
  • Shuffle Racing

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • B-spec

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • GT 7: Prologue

Votes: 103 25.3%

• Total voters
It's going to be VERY interesting to hear what Kaz has to say when he does finally re-appear in public and talk about his game. Haven't heard a peep from him since January.

Even curiouser is when/if they'll update the official sales numbers page on their website. We know they're lower than GT5, but how far off are the unofficial figures? Will they ever tell us, or will they just stop updating that page?

"It's a conspiracy!"

:lol:

GT4 was less than 3 million over GT3, PoDi didn't hide sales figures. They update their site once a year.

Regarding Kaz, he's fine, don't worry 👍

I find it odd that we're about a week out from the anniversary of Senna's death, and we still hear nothing.

Assuming that the intended release date for the Senna DLC is May 1 or thereabouts, they sort of need some sort of advertising, right? Even just a quick trailer video. Polyphony love random trailer videos, I can't see them just dumping something of the scale of Senna content out without one.

Anyway, where I'm going is that I would have expected to see a trailer by now if we were getting Senna "on time". Any time within May is still in PD's stated range, although if it's not within a few days of the 1st it loses a lot of the impact it would have by association with his anniversary.

I really hope they don't cock this up.

I find it odd that we're about a week out from the anniversary of Senna's death, and we still hear nothing.

Assuming that the intended release date for the Senna DLC is May 1 or thereabouts, they sort of need some sort of advertising, right? Even just a quick trailer video. Polyphony love random trailer videos, I can't see them just dumping something of the scale of Senna content out without one.

Anyway, where I'm going is that I would have expected to see a trailer by now if we were getting Senna "on time". Any time within May is still in PD's stated range, although if it's not within a few days of the 1st it loses a lot of the impact it would have by association with his anniversary.

I was thinking the same, it's already in time for a trailer.
How long could it be delayed?

back to realism. From what i have heared from game developers i know, one big BIG delay with many of the playstation / PSN content, is the bureaucracy of Playstation Europe. There are crazy thing they have to cover legitimately before they are allowed to release anything at european PSN. Guess all the coutries have all kinds of laws to be covered. If i remember correctly, its Italy or Spain that is the main problem. The content could be released in US / ASIA PSNs months before they get the permit from PSN Europe. This can cost some unexpected delays.

Excuses excuses.. I know.

To say "delayed", we need a official date.

However, there are none.

The official date is May.

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-gt6-launch-interview/

“In regards to the collaborations we’re going to do with the Ayrton Senna institute, the goal is to do something around May of next year, which would be the 20th year after his passing.

Ayrton Senna died on the 1st of May. That is the sensible time to do any DLC related to him. Any sensible plan at the very least has the content announced by the 1st, and released within a week.

Strictly by the words, Kaz says around May. Whether he considers sometime in the month of May to be "around May", or sometime in 2014 to be "around May", we'll never know. But I do think that if we get to the 14th of May without any sort of announcement, it will be a massive commercial mistake, and that if we somehow get to the end of May with nothing, he might as well resign as spokesman for the GT series, because nobody will ever believe a blind word he says ever again.

Ooooh man. I can only imagine the amount of backlash PD is going to get if they 1). They mess this up. 2). Missing the first day of May (based on Ayrton Senna's passing), and 3). Nothing being announced about it at all.

It scares me to think PD will mess this up. :nervous:

The official date is May.

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-gt6-launch-interview/

Ayrton Senna died on the 1st of May. That is the sensible time to do any DLC related to him. Any sensible plan at the very least has the content announced by the 1st, and released within a week.

Strictly by the words, Kaz says around May. Whether he considers sometime in the month of May to be "around May", or sometime in 2014 to be "around May", we'll never know. But I do think that if we get to the 14th of May without any sort of announcement, it will be a massive commercial mistake, and that if we somehow get to the end of May with nothing, he might as well resign as spokesman for the GT series, because nobody will ever believe a blind word he says ever again.

"Around May".... Good.

"Around May".... Good.

Which I also emphasised, and explained my reasoning as to why Polyphony should not be using "around May" as anything beyond the end of May. At the very least, if it's going to be later than May they need to make an announcement to that effect.

If you have more to add or would like to share your actual thought process, then feel free to do so.

"It's a conspiracy!"

:lol:

GT4 was less than 3 million over GT3, PoDi didn't hide sales figures. They update their site once a year.

Regarding Kaz, he's fine, don't worry 👍
Once a year? Ha, no. When they were proud of GT5 sales they updated it three or four times in the first few months. Then kept updating it regularly.

As for Kaz i'm sure he is fine, my concern is that he has had nothing to say about his product for months.

I find it odd that we're about a week out from the anniversary of Senna's death, and we still hear nothing...snip...
Many of us are so jaded at this point, we won't be surprised if it's late or even never shows up. The apologists on the other hand will say stuff like this:

To say "delayed", we need a official date.
However, there are none.
And then...but,but, but GTAcademy!! Uhhh Sony made them!!! Uhhhh Bernie Ecclestone!!! Uhhhhhh GT7 Prologue Uhhhhhhhh go play PCars if you like it so much.

Of course the last part they'll be talking to themselves because that's where everyone will be:lol:

Which I also emphasised, and explained my reasoning as to why Polyphony should not be using "around May" as anything beyond the end of May. At the very least, if it's going to be later than May they need to make an announcement to that effect.

If you have more to add or would like to share your actual thought process, then feel free to do so.

As long as DLC is there, I don't care about the date.

Of course, the best is to release DLC around 1st of May, anniversary of Senna's death but I will not stress myself about it or insult Kaz.

The DLC comes out mid-May, late May or June, I don't care. It will not change my life.

Once a year? Ha, no. When they were proud of GT5 sales they updated it three or four times in the first few months. Then kept updating it regularly.

As for Kaz i'm sure he is fine, my concern is that he has had nothing to say about his product for months.

No.

1st update : 10 december 2010
2nd update : 21 february 2011
3th update : 05 november 2012
4th update : 15 may 2013

Last edited:
As long as DLC is there, I don't care about the date.

Of course, the better it's to release around 1st of May, anniversary of Senna's death but I will not stress myself about it or insult Kaz.

The DLC comes out mid-May, late May or June, I don't care. It will not change my life.

Where did I insult Kaz? He and representatives of his company made a startling number of statements prior to the release of GT6 that have proven to be false, along with complete radio silence on the remaining statements which are still in limbo.

Pointing out that someone who does this is a terrible person to have as the spokesman for a company isn't insulting, it's the truth. A spade is a spade, and you cannot have a company spokesman whose statements cannot even be taken at face value.

As long as we get the DLC eventually, it makes up for a lot. But if they miss the window for the anniversary of Senna's death, there's less commercial incentive for them to actually complete it.

Say they release it in June. They lose some customers because they're no longer riding the likely worldwide celebration of Senna's life that will happen in early May. They lose some more because they feel betrayed, justifiably or not. They're not making as much money as they could have on May 1.

The longer they leave it, the less people are still actively playing the game and will consider buying DLC at all. Eventually, it's not a profitable exercise any more. A delay of a few weeks isn't really a massive problem, particularly if they communicate that. A delay of a month or more is a problem, especially if they don't communicate that.

And what if they don't even manage to release in June? They've still got some big projects for GT6 that they need to finish as well, and there's pretty strong rumours that GT7 is in the works as well. The later they leave everything, the more they need to have before December this year. In the next 7 or so months they need to put out Senna, Course Maker, major Community update, Matchmaking, B Spec, and 27 VGTs.

Something has to give. What if the Senna content is one of the things they drop? We haven't seen any paid DLC yet, track DLC is one of the obvious things that flopped. So far the evidence that Senna content is being developed is less than we had for Zahara. At least we saw that in a trailer, we know it exists. We haven't seen a thing for Senna, and we have no idea even what it might include.

You missed two.

December 2011 - https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turis...lion-copies-in-2011-now-at-7-3-million-total/
December 2012 - https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-series-tops-68-million-copies-sold/

That's your definition of yearly is it? No, they update it when they see fit. Clearly they don't feel like updating it right now.

No, one : december 2011. A small exception.

For 2nd, you must read the news. In short, it's far from 3 to 4 times per year as you said.

Now, if you prefer to believe that they are afraid to give sales figures .... You are free :lol:

No, one : december 2011. A small exception.

For 2nd, you must read the news. In short, it's far from 3 to 4 times per year as you said.

Now, if you prefer to believe that they are afraid to give sales figures .... You are free :lol:

So why do you think they've not released them? You tell me why I'm wrong to think that.

And it has already started hurting the sales of GT7 as far as I'm concerned.

These days every game is released with pre-order specials to make you commit. And then there are bugs and disappointment. I'm definitly not ready to commit to a special edition of GT7 as things are today.

Last edited:
Would love to have Senna content as GT7 prolouge.

Soon GT5 servers are shut down there should be something happening around that time

Senna content will be one classic F1 car, some karts, time trials with them + seasonal. Perhaps a race for the karts.

What else can it be ? Cone slalom ? :lol:

The problem is everything depends on slow AI, terrible sound and lack of race customization. If those are not fixed adding more cars and tracks is not changing anything - just a bit of fun for an hour or two and more wasted potential.

But isn't May the anniversary to Ayrton Senna's passing? It really shouldn't be skipped.
Sure it is but that can be honoured with a Senna trailer and Kaz saying some nice words, cant see what else can be done on gt6 as it is now.

Sure it is but that can be honoured with a Senna trailer and Kaz saying some nice words, cant see what else can be done on gt6 as it is now.

Shame they plastered it all over the boxes in Brazil promising Senna content, and no, the Suit does not count. You would have a LOT of mad Brazilian players if they didn't include anything substantial. Not just because they're huge Senna fans, but because over there it was a huge part of the promotion selling the game. I'm sure a lot of people bought the game solely on the promise of Senna content.

ayrton-senna-edition-gt6-playstation-638x311.png

Shame they plastered it all over the boxes in Brazil promising Senna content, and no, the Suit does not count. You would have a LOT of mad Brazilian players if they didn't include anything substantial. Not just because they're huge Senna fans, but because over there it was a huge part of the promotion selling the game. I'm sure a lot of people bought the game solely on the promise of Senna content.

ayrton-senna-edition-gt6-playstation-638x311.png
Well they did it across the world but different promisses on the package :)
Sure the Senna package seems bigger but what it really will have in the game is questionable.

No other versions pushed added content as much as that, they were even trying to sell entire console bundles based on it.

Who knows what they'll do, my point was a trailer and word from Kaz wouldn't be enough as you suggested.

Back