(POLL) Will You Buy GT7? (Please read Bold in OP)

• Thread starter 86Debris86
  • 302 comments

Will You Buy GT7?

• Total voters
I really hope they show GT7 trailer at E3 or sometimes this year. I am dying to see it.

I will be pre-odering it but unfortunately I doubt it will release in 2015 :(

I think GT7 will be like Pcars. Great tracks, weather, night, day/night races and have even better gfx :cheers:

Obviously gameplay will be top notch as usual. I would like proper damage affect as well.

If this was a few months ago, I would have said "I will buy GT7 straight up". Now, however, I dont know if PD deserve my cash.

Their complete lack of communication is starting to really annoy me. They promise all these awesome features, then release crap like the data logger and the GPS thing with Toyota. Oh that reminds me, I wonder how everyone is enjoying the 'real life laps as ghosts on GT6', thats right.............no one can even use it yet.

PD. You are a disgrace, and you have quite successfully ruined what was once a fantastic driving game. Well done. :sly:

Their complete lack of communication is starting to really annoy me. They promise all these awesome features, then release crap like the data logger and the GPS thing with Toyota. Oh that reminds me, I wonder how everyone is enjoying the 'real life laps as ghosts on GT6', thats right.............no one can even use it yet.

I'm having. Oh, wait i'm 15 years old and i don't live next to a track that appears on GT and my parents don't have a toyota. So yeah, like .0001% of the community is having fun with this.

If GT7 becomes aswell a fountain of dissappointment, i'll be happy to skip it. Might aswell save money for Asseto Corsa or even PCars

I can't support GT7 due to the choice PD made to keep the standard cars, it's stupid... You're basically letting them get away for doing so, and I can't allow them to get a free pass on that.

I don't see any true competition on PS4 for Gran Turismo 7 for now, so I'll most likely buy it depending on reviews and other stuff.

There is pCARS that's coming out later this year.
I've said this before, Project Cars seems like a decent racing game but it's just not like Gran Turismo, it's a whole different game on the inside. I like having to buy my first car, build it up, buy other cars, build them up and go to better harder races. PCars that I know of does not have that feeling which is ironic because their Shift titles were great GT-like games, but they had other defects. Unless PCars is like the Shift games, theres for me personally no competition for GT on the PS4.

I've said this before, Project Cars seems like a decent racing game but it's just not like Gran Turismo, it's a whole different game on the inside. I like having to buy my first car, build it up, buy other cars, build them up and go to better harder races. PCars that I know of does not have that feeling which is ironic because their Shift titles were great GT-like games, but they had other defects.
No problem, I respect if that's what you want most. 👍

My OP mentions a lack of communication from PD. Well, it seems that has been addressed at least. A step in the right direction, for sure. But the continued inclusion of standards Kaz has mentioned is very disappointing indeed. I'm not going to say it's a game-breaker for me (I know it is for many though), but it is a rather large fly in the ointment.

Gonna say GT6 will be the last GT game I purchase. I'm afraid the Forza franchise has won me over. Maybe in the distant future when I decide to get a PS4 I'll try it out but unless it's a major revamp of the franchise, they aren't getting my dollars.

Every gran turismo, for me at least, has been awesome, so if I can immediate pre-order :)

GT7 is going to address engine sounds and will include track creator.

Gt6 is already addressing issues, so I am quite convinced PD is going to make a wonderful ps4 game :)

Gt6 is already addressing issues, so I am quite convinced PD is going to make a wonderful ps4 game :)
I'm concerned that won't be 7 though. A big part of me thinks it'll have the same rubbish AI and lack lustre career mode. I very much hope I'm wrong on that.

And on engine sounds; I saw a photo of part of the PD team recording the exhaust note of a car... whilst stationary. Again this concerns me as if the car is just revving it's engine it will sound very different to how it would sound on the move (or on a rolling road (dyno)). I do hope that isn't the only method they're using to record that. Maybe that image just showed them recording the sound of it idling. I'm also worried that applying after market exhausts will just make most cars sound identical anyway.

They'll have to record more than just engine and exhaust sounds to really win me over on that front. Although it'd be a damn good start if each car does have it's real life exhaust sound. I want all those bells and whistles (well, not bells but you catch my drift) that add together to complete the audible experience of driving a car. Turbo/supercharger whine, the sound of the car changing gear, all of a race car's squeaks and squeals you'd hear in an actual race car too, tyre rubbing if you've messed your ride height and spring rates up or for those moments where the car is pushed down onto the track via downforce (in other words, bottoming out). Cars make more than just tyre and engine noise, it'd be nice to have those extra sounds in the game.

Edit: This post got longer than intended.

TL;DR - I'm still not convinced 7 will be much of an improvement over past titles.

I'm getting PCars but I will also pre order.

For all it's faults I still really enjoy it and my friends list is mostly made up of people who play GT anyway do I'll stick with that.

It will also be a pretty good showcase for the PS4 so I'm excited for that too

Ill get it but I might wait for a price drop seems reasonable i paid $105 for the Anniversary eddition for gt6 and have spent over 100hours playing until my ps3 corrupted. Still put it in every now and then but its not worth the price tag.

Ive bought every GT game since GT1 but Im on the fence about GT7 because there was very little longevity in GT5 and I wasnt even compelled to finish GT6 because I got bored of it fast. GT4 was a great game and I wish GT7 would go back to that simplistic formula instead of adding features that I never use.

Ive bought every GT game since GT1 but Im on the fence about GT7 because there was very little longevity in GT5 and I wasnt even compelled to finish GT6 because I got bored of it fast. GT4 was a great game and I wish GT7 would go back to that simplistic formula instead of adding features that I never use.
Problem is all the competition is offering up new and better features, and if you don't match them, you're going to be seen as old and out of date. They could be more selective with what they add of course, but it's pretty much a given that they'll be moving in the direction of tying in the real world (FIA, GTAcademy, Senna, VGT etc.) with the game. If the game is there to back up the content, you won't be able to count the money they'll make. If FIA and other real world tie-ins turn out to be nothing more marketing without any real substance slapped into a substandard game, I don't think you'll be able to fool the consumers that way again.

Problem is all the competition is offering up new and better features, and if you don't match them, you're going to be seen as old and out of date. They could be more selective with what they add of course, but it's pretty much a given that they'll be moving in the direction of tying in the real world (FIA, GTAcademy, Senna, VGT etc.) with the game. If the game is there to back up the content, you won't be able to count the money they'll make. If FIA and other real world tie-ins turn out to be nothing more marketing without any real substance slapped into a substandard game, I don't think you'll be able to fool the consumers that way again.
I buy a racing game to drive and race. I dont need other useless features.

:)GT7 is going to address engine sounds and will include track creator:)

Include track creator? So does GT6 but I can't find it... Oh that's right, it isn't/wasn't but coming in a future update?

What is it now 10 months? If I told someone I was going to do something and still hadn't 10 months latter I definitely know what their position would be now. Telling me to "go 🤬 off!"

Include track creator? So does GT6 but I can't find it... Oh that's right, it isn't/wasn't but coming in a future update?

What is it now 10 months? If I told someone I was going to do something and still hadn't 10 months latter I definitely know what their position would be now. Telling me to "go 🤬 off!"
No it's 6 months actually

Back