(POLL) Will You Buy GT7? (Please read Bold in OP)

• Thread starter 86Debris86
  • 302 comments

Will You Buy GT7?

• Total voters
I bought a PS3 purely for GT5. Having been less than impressed with GT's 5 and 6, I won't buy a PS4 just so I can play GT7. Give it another couple of years, when they've come down in price and if reviews are favourable, I'll consider purchase. When you take into account I'm a long time GT fan boy, the fact that I'm reluctant to buy the next gen game shows just how much PD have disappointed with their recent offerings.

I will buy as soon as it's released! take my cash please!

I hope Sony releases a PS4 bundle with GT7 and a 4k TV. I would pick that up in a heart beat.

I hope Sony releases a PS4 bundle with GT7 and a 4k TV. I would pick that up in a heart beat.

^That quadruple post though.

I'm being a little more picky about getting GT7 than any of the options in the poll. I'll get it when they announce these three things:

1. Engine / Drivetrain swaps
2. Adjustable offset
3. Adjustable steering lock

and two tracks- Seattle Circuit and Special Stage Route 11 (these are more of a bonus though, if the above three things were in it I'd get GT7.)

Otherwise I'm not going out and buying a $60 game and a PS4. All of the stuff I want I can at least do in GT6 with modding. If I went to PS4 I'd be stuck without it, and that would not be very fun (for me.)

I buy a racing game to drive and race. I dont need other useless features.
Small list of "useless features" you might enjoy that will soon be coming to a console near you:

1. Standing and rolling starts, online, off and anywhere in the Career Mode, where appropriate.
2. Qualifying with adjustable time limits.
3. Full race weekends, open practice, qualifying and racing, all with custom difficulty levels, session lengths, opponents etc.
4. Full flag system.
5. Race engineer at your disposal if you want one.
6. Spotter if you want one.
7. Liveries for you and your opponents, including in one-make series.
8. Full Seasons in specific classes of racing that exactly duplicate the length of the real life season.
9. Fully adjustable AI for speed, aggression, overtaking, defensive driving, accident rate etc.

Small list of "useless features" you might enjoy that will soon be coming to a console near you:

1. Standing and rolling starts, online, off and anywhere in the Career Mode, where appropriate.
3. Full race weekends, open practice, qualifying and racing, all with custom difficulty levels, session lengths, opponents etc.
4. Full flag system.
8. Full Seasons in specific classes of racing that exactly duplicate the length of the real life season.
9. Fully adjustable AI for speed, aggression, overtaking, defensive driving, accident rate etc.

No it's 6 months actually

7 months since the game was released, but they've had more than a year to work on it.

Honestly, i believe it should have started with a poll asking " Can you afford to get the new system PS4?"...
Regarding the thread objective, i honestly wont get GT7 because mainly in my country not everyone can afford a PS4 (including me).

As a fellow GTP member said, atm GT6 is more like a GT5.5, the same game with the atractive features removed... :odd:

Please bare in mind it is my personal opinion, so please read before criticise...

True. And I think the majority of the game would usually be finished before the availability of being able to pre order.

However, if they had enough pre orders and the demand for the game was high enough, they may choose to release the game slightly earlier than intended and attempt to "polish it off" with updates instead of just waiting a little longer to release the "polished" version.

This could happen seeing as the PS4 may be without a driving sim for some time. Project Cars may take some of the demand for GT away but they may be different enough to warrant a high demand for both games. Plus PD now have precedent in releasing an unfinished product with the intention of adding to it later.

The number of times (less than 5) I have preordered games though and been left waiting for my copy up to 2 weeks after release I'm hesitant preordering in the first place. Heck I think I preordered gt5 - went in to grab my copy. NO they say, your copy has not arrived. Ok can I take one off the shelf (whole display full) no that's different stock and used to be sold. :odd: Stupid really I was willing to buy?

The number of times (less than 5) I have preordered games though and been left waiting for my copy up to 2 weeks after release I'm hesitant preordering in the first place. Heck I think I preordered gt5 - went in to grab my copy. NO they say, your copy has not arrived. Ok can I take one off the shelf (whole display full) no that's different stock and used to be sold. :odd: Stupid really I was willing to buy?
Sorry to hear that. Almost makes pre ordering anything redundant if you're waiting two weeks after release. And yeah, that shop sounds daft. As long as your pre ordered copy is the same as the shelved copies ie doesn't have extra content like the anniversary edition of GT6 has over the regular version for example, I don't see why they'd do that. If the regular version is the same as a pre ordered version, what difference does it make which stock it comes out of? The shop could just replace that copy with a pre order version when they get them in.

I hope your next game is on time should you decide to pre order again.

Honestly, i believe it should have started with a poll asking " Can you afford to get the new system PS4?"...

You're absolutely right. I have made a large assumption that most people will have a PS4 before GT7 is released. My main reason for the poll is to see to what extent the fanbase has been damaged by PD's actions.

I'm curious to see if the "Yes, I'll pre order" votes increase what with Kaz's recent communication with us. I think that (and hopefully the presence of future communications too) will go a long way for many people.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Almost makes pre ordering anything redundant if you're waiting two weeks after release. And yeah, that shop sounds daft. As long as your pre ordered copy is the same as the shelved copies ie doesn't have extra content like the anniversary edition of GT6 has over the regular version for example, I don't see why they'd do that. If the regular version is the same as a pre ordered version, what difference does it make which stock it comes out of? The shop could just replace that copy with a pre order version when they get them in.

I hope your next game is on time should you decide to pre order again.

You're absolutely right. I have made a large assumption that most people will have a PS4 before GT7 is released. My main reason for the poll is to see to what extent the fanbase has been damaged by PD's actions.

I'm curious to see if the "Yes, I'll pre order" votes increase what with Kaz's recent communication with us. I think that (and hopefully the presence of future communications too) will go a long way for many people.

Yeah I've preordered others since and all have been fine, think it was just that store.

I'm not sure what I'll do with gt7 - haven't voted as I can't fit a category. At this stage I definitely won't be preordering gt7 but unsure if I'll buy. At this point it's a no but depending how it pans out maybe? Though I'm more leaning towards no, PD have done it for me as of gt5 - that and gt6 is utter rubbish! Not sure what they did considering developmental time frame. Hey even EA can pump out games in less time and better and (guessing) we all know how they go?

Plus I'm not sold on the PS4, I like the ability to plug in an external drive and watch shows, listen to music of CD etc. Yeah better graphics but meh have a decent PC that makes a ps4 look like a dinosaur. Most games are released on everything now bar a few and at this stage I think Mt GT days are over. Sad since I've grown up with the series and have all the ones released here in Australia.

EDIT: double/quad posting, think they've been errors of the forum. I've noticed I've done the exact same post also twice.

👍 Your assumption is not wrong, in many countries the new PS4/X1 are cheap.

As an exemple, where I live the average price of the PS4 is 600 euros (in $ arround 800),a and the XOne is not avaliable yet...

The poll objective is correct, but I strongly believe that despite the "mistakes" PD has made, people will continue to buy GT series games and even the console needed... But, its also plausible to say that some are pretty upset with the confirmation of "standards" in GT7... :D

:cheers: Excellent thread.

I haven't seen anything out or coming out that makes me want any of the current gen consoles (PS4, X1 or Wii U), so I won't be buying GT7.

I'll be waiting for reviews.
Buying GT7 means buying PS4, also means buying a new wheel, and possibly paying to play online ...

If reviews would show that GT7 heads in the same direction as GT6, I'll stick to what I have now: PS3 / GT6 / Thrustmaster T500RS.
Pretty happy with two out of three right now, and maybe it will reach three out o three within a year or so ... if PD is willing ... :P

I'm going to wait on reviews and see if they've improved standards to semi-premium status for the PS4. If they don't, I'll likely stick to The Crew when it comes out. I'm not making the same mistake I did when I bought GT6 and still waiting for day 1 content to be released.

Slightly off topic but......

Assume you already have a PS4? so you could pre order digitally and get it pre loaded on the system so it's ready straight away.👍

I know you could get GT6 on PS3 from PSN but with the system being old and PS4 already out I didn't bother.

I'm certainly going to go that route (unless I miss out on anything) but I really like the idea of using remote play too for any Bspec type stuff whilst I'm away from home so it being permanently on my system is a plus for me.

No suitable choice in the poll so I did not vote.

If I buy a PS4 then I will get GT7, most likely pre-order if that is the case but until I hear some good news about wheel support on the PS4 I will not be buying the console and if no console then obviously not GT7.

No suitable choice in the poll so I did not vote.

Fair enough. I admit I didn't think hard enough about what (which (?)) options to create in the poll and only realised a couple of days later. I was thinking of asking a mod to add some more options but realised it wouldn't be fair as far as the results go since people had already voted. My bad. Thanks for your comments though and for elaborating.

Being a humble DS3 user, when I started the thread I was unaware the wheels people are using with their PS3's weren't compatible with PS4. I sincerely hope that somehow that is rectified (although I don't know if that's even possible).

I know shelling out for the console, the game and a new wheel would be a put off for me. Especially considering the price of the higher end ones.

There's still hope for the old wheels yet. With PCars and DriveClub on the horizon and GT7 likely next year, I hope there is something worked out. I can't believe the wheel manufacturers would leave us hanging or that Sony would do the same by not coercing them into providing drivers. The only way it won't happen is if both parties collude into not making it happen.

4. Full flag system.
👍

I hope that GT7 will be for PS3 as well...

There's still hope for the old wheels yet. With PCars and DriveClub on the horizon and GT7 likely next year, I hope there is something worked out. I can't believe the wheel manufacturers would leave us hanging or that Sony would do the same by not coercing them into providing drivers. The only way it won't happen is if both parties collude into not making it happen.
They are taking their bloody time to announce it though :mad:

There's no question about it, I have no doubt PD will make an amazing game on the PS4, so yeah, I'm getting it as soon as it gets released.

Back