[POLL] Would you like the seasonal events to stay in offline mode after the GT5 online Shutdown?

Would you like the seasonal events of GT5 to stay in offline mode after the GT5 online shutdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would be nice but I can't see it happening. Of course, they wouldn't be as profitable as we are losing the 200% login bonus then as well :(

I don't know how they could do that, but I'm definitely interested if they can. These are the only races that hold any challenge now. Without the seasonals, I'll probably have to do something else. PD, TAKE NOTE: This does not guarantee that I will automatically go to GT6. If that's your reasoning, then you may be disappointed. I will evaluate all the options, and go with whichever one I think is best. I'm not liking everything I hear and read about 6, it sounds a bit like a stopgap while you get something ready for the PS4. I've seen this with other games, and it is always disgraceful.

Since all of the work has already been done for the seasonal events, before they pull the plug, put ALL of the GT5 seasonal events back on the game. We could make credits to maintain our cars and the game will be playable for years to come.
Yup, I know, that's not going to happen. :irked:

I don't know how they could do that, but I'm definitely interested if they can. These are the only races that hold any challenge now. Without the seasonals, I'll probably have to do something else. PD, TAKE NOTE: This does not guarantee that I will automatically go to GT6. If that's your reasoning, then you may be disappointed. I will evaluate all the options, and go with whichever one I think is best. I'm not liking everything I hear and read about 6, it sounds a bit like a stopgap while you get something ready for the PS4. I've seen this with other games, and it is always disgraceful.
If that's your picture, your an old fart like me. I got GT6 and had fun with it for several weeks before I got gold in all of the career races. It is great to be retired! It was well worth the price to get the new tracks and visuals and like GT5 it is very entertaining. I recommend it. It will be entertainment money well spent. At this point I play GT5 and 6 and they are both at the same stage; Just waiting for new stuff. The guys I use to race with online have lost interest after GT6 came out. The Time Trials we got today on GT5 are a disappointment. I WANT TO RACE!

What ever happened to time trials for grid positions,that used to be fun also.If it's the real driving simulator,then lets keep it real. I still want special stage R11 from GT1 added to the track list & seasonals in both games.Yes GT6 is fun but has no content, as a 1/2 assed effort it's ratings are justified.As for spending money online for content or cars,it's not for me.At least the old seasonals gave you cars to win in GT5.Now they are like GT6 & give you nothing it's a token gesture at best.

The seasonal events are a significant chunk of the one-player game. I see no rationale for removing all access to them just because the multiplayer servers are being shut down.

As for the 200% login bonus, just use the PS3 clock. If someone wants to cheat the one-player game by messing with their PS3 clock, that's their business. One-player games don't need to be -that- robust against cheating.

If Sony wants to show "continued support for the PS3" (someone cited that as a reason for releasing GT6 on PS3), patching GT5 to allow this one-player component to be played after online services are withdrawn is a logical choice.

You remember how much criticism SimCity 2013 got for requiring a connection to an online server to play a one-player game? Or how much Microsoft got for requiring online check-ins to play one-player games? (To be fair, you've always had to go online to play the seasonal events. Xbox One was just a bit worse since they were going to lock away ALL of the game if you didn't go online, while GT5 just locks away part of it (the seasonals). Plus, the seasonals weren't even on the disk (although I think they are retained on your PS3 HDD).)

If Sony wants to avoid devaluing our purchases (
Code:
http://youtu.be/20l5KrQYVDk?t=5s
), they'll let us keep playing the GT5 seasonals if we want to. Sure, if you sell your GT5 disk after May, the buyer won't be able to play the seasonal events (unless they'd installed them before), but that's just a problem with online distribution as opposed to a rude move by Sony. o.o

Last edited:
It would be nice but I can't see it happening. Of course, they wouldn't be as profitable as we are losing the 200% login bonus then as well :(
Thay still pay out a lot more then the standerd A spec races without the 200% login bonus. Sesonals are in 100K+ range while standerd A spec are in the 10k range.

What ever happens with GT5 will happen again with GT6.
This will influence my decision whether to upgrade or not.
Any small gesture they could manage is much appreciated.

I never paid much attention to the seasonals but after making $20 million doing the real circuit tour, I'd love to see them stick around but at the same time, I'm on A-spec level 39 and the last events I need to complete are Laguna Seca in the Nascar Series, Historic Racing Car Cup, Vettel Challenge and finally the 24 hours of Nurburgring. So probably after a month or so I'll be done with GT5 and be looking to get GT6 and F1-2013..

Seasonal challenges are online races so I don't really expect them to stay but it would be good if they somehow kept them offline.

It doesn`t really bother me but the game is good and in todays age of mass storage and mass communications, high bandwidth etc. I don`t understand why Sony play it like this. It`s the same with the PS store, so badly handled.
I only bought a PS3 as a blue ray player but may aswell make the most of it only to find this kind of thing going on. TBH it`s kinda stupid.

I'm on A-spec level 39 and the last events I need to complete are Laguna Seca in the Nascar Series, Historic Racing Car Cup, Vettel Challenge and finally the 24 hours of Nurburgring.
If you're still struggling with Historic Racing Car Cup, just fully tune a Toyota 7 and you will easily win.

What ever happened to time trials for grid positions,that used to be fun also.If it's the real driving simulator,then lets keep it real. I still want special stage R11 from GT1 added to the track list & seasonals in both games.Yes GT6 is fun but has no content, as a 1/2 assed effort it's ratings are justified.As for spending money online for content or cars,it's not for me.At least the old seasonals gave you cars to win in GT5.Now they are like GT6 & give you nothing it's a token gesture at best.

In addition to SS R11, I would love to see the return of Pikes Peak, Gindelwold, and Midfield raceway. I didn't even realize Midfield was missing until I broke out GT3 a couple of weeks ago for my kids to play. My friends and I used to run the Calsonic and Penzoil Nismos around there until we were blue in the face. But thanks for 37 different versions of Nurburgring. :rolleyes:

If the seasonal events go down after the server shuts down, there will be nowhere to drive on the DLC tracks :confused:

It'd be nice to have a few "money maker" events available offline.

Like the epic B-spec Le Mans and Spa races that we had two years ago.

Latest Posts

Back