Polyphony Digital Has No Plans for a Gran Turismo 7

At the time I took it to mean - GTS is is all you're getting on PS4, we aren't working on a GT7 for release in a year or two (since people have come to expect 2 main series releases with one right at the end of the gen) so if you're holding out for that, just forget it and jump on GTS.

At the time I took it to mean - GTS is is all you're getting on PS4, we aren't working on a GT7 for release in a year or two (since people have come to expect 2 main series releases with one right at the end of the gen) so if you're holding out for that, just forget it and jump on GTS.
That's part of what I meant with the "lost in translation". For sure I was being sarcastic, but truth is stranger than fiction. Was he just misunderstood?

GT7 not "currently" planned by Polyphony staff or start pre-production development immediately in 2017 after GTSport released doesn't mean Kaz wasn't already thinking up of ideas for the next entry, or that a small portion of the dev team wouldn't start work on GT7 planning the next year. GT7 being announced doesn't refute Kaz's original comments in 2017, a game we don't even know when is going to release but definitely not in 2020.

“Gran Turismo 7 is not currently planned. All our studios are focused on Gran Turismo Sport and, once it is out, the DLC that follows afterwards.”

Never really understood the mentality that seems to be so prevalent on this forum: All or nothing. You can only play Gran Turismo Sport, or only Project CARS 2 or only Forza Motorsport 7 or only iRacing.

All those games are simulators (Quiet at the back, yes, they're all sims) yet all do things unique to each game and appeal to slightly different breads of racers. All can be enjoyed deeply and you should not have to choose one over the other. I'm a big fan of Project Cars 2 at the moment but I've put GT Sport on my Christmas list and seriously can't wait to play it for its photography, progression and fantasy tracks.

Everyone's a winner here, buy them all and enjoy them for their subtle but very unique qualities.
Did you ever get GT Sport? What about Project Cars 3. I got it on launch and like it OK. Needs some fixing but game play is good. I was burned out on Sport after playing weekly since it launched so the car and track variety on PCars3 is welcome until GT7 is out.

At the time this article was written, PD wasn't thinking about GT7. Saying "it's not currently planned" doesn't mean "no plans at all or ever", so whoever wrote the article didn't understand what Kaz meant. Funny how one word can throw someone off the trail completely.

Did you ever get GT Sport? What about Project Cars 3. I got it on launch and like it OK. Needs some fixing but game play is good. I was burned out on Sport after playing weekly since it launched so the car and track variety on PCars3 is welcome until GT7 is out.

That's a blast from the past, I'm feeling old! :lol:

I did! Absloutly love it and feel it's the most polished racer I've ever played. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it, did you feel their was a lack of content? There's no question it was lacking in comparision to other GT's but I really loved the process of having it always installed on my PS4 and every few months, free content would be added and combined with the daily rewards, I felt it was a fresh new way to enjoy GT. Obviously, the idea GT7 may return to the Pokemon style 'Gotta catch them all' is exciting but I'm concerned it'll revert to a grind to do anything.

Must admit, didn't play Project CARS 3 because of the somewhat negative reaction and I've been playing other games and racers over these past few months so didn't feel it appealed to me. If there's a sale on Steam, I might pick it up to give it a fair crack!

During end of 2017 to now, I loved GT Sport, Dirt Rally 2.0, Forza Horizon 4, F1 2018 and Hot Shot Racing from the racing genre.

That's a blast from the past, I'm feeling old! :lol:

I did! Absloutly love it and feel it's the most polished racer I've ever played. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it, did you feel their was a lack of content? There's no question it was lacking in comparision to other GT's but I really loved the process of having it always installed on my PS4 and every few months, free content would be added and combined with the daily rewards, I felt it was a fresh new way to enjoy GT. Obviously, the idea GT7 may return to the Pokemon style 'Gotta catch them all' is exciting but I'm concerned it'll revert to a grind to do anything.

Must admit, didn't play Project CARS 3 because of the somewhat negative reaction and I've been playing other games and racers over these past few months so didn't feel it appealed to me. If there's a sale on Steam, I might pick it up to give it a fair crack!

During end of 2017 to now, I loved GT Sport, Dirt Rally 2.0, Forza Horizon 4, F1 2018 and Hot Shot Racing from the racing genre.
I did and do enjoy it. Just got burned out on it.

Back