Polyphony Digital Has No Plans for a Gran Turismo 7

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Exactly. 1 winner and 15 losers in a full lobby. The other thing people don't take into account when comparing racing games to FPS and other online games is that the mindset of racing games is the opposite of shooters. In shooters your objective is to mess with the other guy. Kill him by shooting him, knifing him, blowing him up with a grenade etc. You are supposed to be aggressive and not care at all about your opponent. This comes naturally to most people in a gaming context. In racing games it's the opposite. Cooperation and fairplay are expected and racing online is a very frustrating and time consuming experience if it's not there. You are supposed to respect your opponent and treat his race as important as yours. Some people do that naturally but they are few and far between in my experience. An SR system can only do so much as we saw in the beta and players will learn how to game it.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  2. Choppa'

Choppa'

One of the main reasons I am buying PCARS 2 over GTS. I prefer offline racing with good AI. If you find the right room with good drivers, online racing can be a blast. Unfortunately it is few and far between in public lobbies and I just do not have the time or will to join a league. I was hoping for a GT that maintained the spirit of car collecting and modifying with improvements on AI, sounds, and other immersive features that PCARS does well at (the feeling of actually being a race car driver). Maybe next time

brocktj4, racingsnail, Imari and 4 others like this.
  3. Eyes Fried Open

Eyes Fried Open

You probably wont have to worry about that, PD promised us a new track every month with GT6 and they never delivered on the promise. (we got a few tracks sporadically) probably the reason why they are claiming there will be no microtransactions. other than bug fixes and GTVision cars I doubt you will get much more.

4. mariodiniz21

mariodiniz21

unbelievable, what we all loved about GT was collecting cars, modifying them etc, in the Playstation there is NOT A SINGLE game that has that kind of career, ownership and true love and appreciation for cars, all the games are about racing only, and GT goes to the same path.

being a fan of the franchise since GT1 I can't say how sad I am with this.

seems like PD always does the opposite of what the fans want, they rarely listen to us, they change what they are not supposed to change, and don't change what they are supposed to change.

I guess the carrer mode with lots of cars, dealers, etc. was just too much work for them, and we all know they work at a SLOW pace.

what a shame.

100% this

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
    outofspace likes this.
  5. Rdp616

Rdp616

Can't even say i care. I'm just tired of getting the run around from PD, not to mention the constant sob stories about "Oh the game was so difficult to develop" Give me a break. You build a new million square foot studio and the first thing we get out of it is a limp wristed Gran Turismo with under 200 cars.. Like really? And don't even get me started on the VR.. Let's just say it's a good thing they're not planning GT7 because it would probably be 25 years and 1000 excuses before we'd see it. I honestly hope GT sport is a flop so PD gets a reality check..

It's crap like this that makes PC sound more and more attractive every year.

6. Castrol96

Castrol96

A: GT7 released on time for PS5?

B: GT7 released on end of PS4 life (like GT6)?

This would be a interesting poll for this thread. ;)

fikridroid and Lord Kacperov like this.
  7. eSZee

eSZee

They are concentrating on telling a coherent story through cinematics and lore, not through a robust campaign. It's still going to be a short, 8-10hr campaign. And they are concentrating on story because the first game's story was a mess cobbled together from parts they had left over from before the rebooot. It was the biggest hang up people had about the 1st game and its biggest shortcoming.

ImaRobot likes this.
  8. Castrol96

Castrol96

As long as there is Promised content Cars / Tracks (Maybe others?) dlc i'm good.

9. marcvic

marcvic

Saw this video that Doug uploaded today and it made me think about you guys' wager:

I dunno... if you lose, it may not be so bad :lol:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  10. BIGBEN

BIGBEN

This is BS, they're alienating their long traditional fanbase. I've had every iteration of Gran Turismo going back to PS1. The hook for me and a lot of other players was the lot of stock and standard cars. Tuning, tweaking and upgrading vehicles from the used car lot, finding rare gems that would handle and perform well in different classes and situations... that's Gran Turismo to me. That whole model, the eventual progression to all out Le Mans was the heart of what made GT so successful, and now their abandoning that??

What grinds my gears even more is that (if someone can find the quote), PD stated just two or three years ago something along the lines of 'GT Sport is not GT7, but a traditional GT7 is still on the way.' At least that's the way I remember taking it.

I think PD's ego started out running itself around GT5 when they began dedicating focus towards a host of live online events. This really sucks, 20 years of fandom down the drain for me, at least for now. I've been reading and watching comparison articles and videos between GTS and PC2 and I became convinced months ago that GTS was gonna fall far short of PC2. At this point I hope I'm right, PD is really screwin up in my opinion and they won't be getting any more of my $ until a legit, full, traditional iteration of Gran Turismo is released.

Master Weasel likes this.
  11. Hellburner

Hellburner

I found this on a German site posted on 28/10/15: to Eurogamer, Jim Ryan, the CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, stated that GT Sport is not Gran Turismo 7. GT Sport is also more than a prologue, but by the increased online orientation, the boundaries between "a prologue and a complete Gran Turismo" would be blurred.

TheNuvolari and fikridroid like this.
  12. gtone339

gtone339

If GT7 is GT Sport, then what would the sequel be titled as? Gran Turismo 8 = GT Sport #2? Really miss the traditional SP GT Mode from past GT games.

Lord Kacperov likes this.
  13. eSZee

eSZee

They'll just put an S at the end of Sport to make it Gran Turismo:Sports. We'll be able to play soccer, golf, croquet, badminton, etc.

14. Deadheadbill

Deadheadbill

Holy necro Batman. :)

15. Izain

Izain

Sony will never proceed with anything that doen't meet their profit requirements. Their greed is despicable and the current management is a disgrace. If PD doesnt play their game they dont stand a chance.

The PS3 had a useable menu. The PS4 menu is designed to do nothing other than push sales. I cant race to the music I want in GTS, not because of PD, but because I wont pay Sony again for content I already own. Sony wants to rape developers and users for every penny they can get, and will crush the life out of this hobby in the process.

16. submaniac93

submaniac93

Lmao nice one xD

17. ynot

ynot

Why does anyone care what they call it? If it says Gran Turismo anything I'm in. So much back and forth over the number and if it has one or not. If they had not called it Gran Turismo 2 we would all have been spared the agony of the no number this time. Its a great game. Just drive.

Sucks for you if they never have a number again. Better hope PCars 3 comes around or you'll be out there too. Then no racing. PCars is not really any good so save your 60 and put it in GT Sport.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2017
  18. JulesDennis

JulesDennis

You are wrong and bias but whatever mate.

Lord Kacperov, ynot and ghostrider135 like this.
  19. ghostrider135

ghostrider135

Well lets look at history shall we?

GT:Concept was a spin off
    GT:HD was a tech demo
    GT PSP was a spin off

The main games of the series are generally numbered, And adding to the fact that each of the demos for those games have followed the same formula a la GT:Insert number Prologue.

Also you'd have thought after over 1000 posts youd know not to double-post :idea:

Lord Kacperov, BIGBEN and JulesDennis like this.
  20. Wools

Wools

Never really understood the mentality that seems to be so prevalent on this forum: All or nothing. You can only play Gran Turismo Sport, or only Project CARS 2 or only Forza Motorsport 7 or only iRacing.

All those games are simulators (Quiet at the back, yes, they're all sims) yet all do things unique to each game and appeal to slightly different breads of racers. All can be enjoyed deeply and you should not have to choose one over the other. I'm a big fan of Project Cars 2 at the moment but I've put GT Sport on my Christmas list and seriously can't wait to play it for its photography, progression and fantasy tracks.

Everyone's a winner here, buy them all and enjoy them for their subtle but very unique qualities.

BuckFly, Kgffy, Michelin Man and 5 others like this.
  21. Deadheadbill

Deadheadbill

It seems the epeen is just as dominating as it's real life counterpart. Same thing happens in console wars, FPS games and on and on.

For the record, I play Pcars2, GT Sport, F1 2017, Dirt 4 and Iracing and like them all for what they bring to the table. Doesn't mean I will not call any one of them out for their deficiencies.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Wools likes this.
  22. Deadheadbill

Deadheadbill

delete plz.