Polyphony Digital Inc. (PDI) and FIA to Form Long-term Partnership

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 653 comments
That's right. We take all the small things in life for granted and look for the bigger picture.
Eh what? You know we were discussing bumps on tracks right?
Come on, you don't want to tell me that you can feel a millimeter small stone or unevenness while driving.

I'm rather thrilled GT might make the transition from a car collecting game to a racing game - maybe borrowing from titles like TOCA, Grid, F1 series (blimey, all Codemasters titles!) and even Real Racing.

I'd miss the old beloved GT, that's for sure, but the prospects and opportunities excite me even more. There's plenty of room for an off-spin, even more so with drive club on the horizon.

Right, back to discussing laser scanning...

I'm rather thrilled GT might make the transition from a car collecting game to a racing game - maybe borrowing from titles like TOCA, Grid, F1 series (blimey, all Codemasters titles!) and even Real Racing.

I'd miss the old beloved GT, that's for sure, but the prospects and opportunities excite me even more. There's plenty of room for an off-spin, even more so with drive club on the horizon.

Right, back to discussing laser scanning...
*Sigh* PD just LOVES to eat more than they can chew, do they?

This is reasoning for being cynical and pessimistic, yet others want to tell those who don't share their view that they shouldn't be optimistic?!? This is where I have an issue with naysayers, what gives you all the right to tell others what they should and should not feel optimistic about? You want to be pessimistic fine, but don't tell someone they are delusional or naive for being optimistic, that is their choice just like you choose to see the bad they choose to not let that be what you measure everything by.

It matters not to many if they(PD) do something with it or it's just another useless sticker on the case or bullet point in a slide show...what is so wrong with expressing optimism in something you like or believe in? I don't see the crime here, do you? There is no need to tell someone to curb their enthusiasm, it's their prerogative and god given right to be as happy or sullen as they want. The past does not say who you(PD) are, but who you(PD) were...the future is yet to be written so why think ill of a place in time not yet reached? Going forward there is always the possibility to change and become better, to stay stagnant or to regress.

A good question is, what is it to you(pessimistic attitude folks) that people are optimistic at all? Is it bothering you that other people can be happy or that they don't seem to care that PD and Kaz has missed the mark many times? I honestly do not get why you guys feel the need to chide someone for being optimistic, that is incredibly confusing to me and probably a whole lot of others. Life has lots of disappointments, thing is you can get over them it's a part of learning and growing and experiencing this fascinating existence. Don't assume that they are blindly optimistic, they could be quite reserved but their minds like mine love to envision more than just par for the course is all. Not saying you can't be how you want to be, just want to know why you guys feel the need to tell others to stop being so happy, you could end up sad or disappointed...nice gesture but you're definitely going about it the wrong way.

Sorry for the off topic secondary post but I left and came back and I see people posting more pessimistic things and basically chiding optimistic people for being happy or satisfied or hopeful...it's worrying to me at least.

Never have I seen a bigger display of strawmanning. I didn't even imply that people need to feel a certain way. Chill out.

That's it, I'm leaving the Blue side and going for greener areas, the FIA really means nothing to the gaming world, they're just looking to get their "little" cut.

Now FIA will tell PD what to do with their game, we, the consumer will get ignored yet again.

I though that PD and Kaz were changing but apparently, they still think that having useless certificates and driver programs the better the game gets even though the game is never affected.

I can already see GT becoming the platform for manufacturers and other companies to sell us their crap while the game evolves very little.

I had hope for GT but I honestly couldn't care less if it dies now.

That's it, I'm leaving the Blue side and going for greener areas, the FIA really means nothing to the gaming world, they're just looking to get their "little" cut.

Now FIA will tell PD what to do with their game, we, the consumer will get ignored yet again.

I though that PD and Kaz were changing but apparently, they still think that having useless certificates and driver programs the better the game gets even though the game is never affected.

I can already see GT becoming the platform for manufacturers and other companies to sell us their crap while the game evolves very little.

I had hope for GT but I honestly couldn't care less if it dies now.

It's not a soap opera, the only human drama is comments like this.

I said it a while back...PD needed the FIA GT licence and make a game more similar to GTR2/Race07 from Simbin but without leaving the base of Gran Turismo...Now that day came true...joy...just joy!!

Imagine all FIA GT cars including Porsche 911 GT, Ferrari 458 Italia GT, McLaren MP4-12C GT, the new Corvette C7, Aston Martin Vantage, Bugatti Continental GT and so on...Endurance races, tracks and more tracks...:drool:

Good job PD. :bowdown:

I said it a while back...PD needed the FIA GT licence and make a game more similar to GTR2/Race07 from Simbin but without leaving the base of Gran Turismo...Now that day came true...joy...just joy!!

Imagine all FIA GT cars including Porsche 911 GT, Ferrari 458 Italia GT, McLaren MP4-12C GT, the new Corvette C7, Aston Martin Vantage, Bugatti Continental GT and so on...Endurance races, tracks and more tracks...:drool:

Let's see. Lives in Spain. It's 6 am there. Yup he's dreaming:lol:

Let's see. Lives in Spain. It's 6 am there. Yup he's dreaming:lol:

I was playing Survarium (Closed Beta) which is a quite demanding competitive FPS...I am truly awake because of that...but about to go deep into my bed as you guessed. :lol:

What if I dream with all that after all? :D

And those are all gorgeous race cars to drive in any game or sim... imagine if they sounded like the real thing too in GT..

And I will continue to be, until the devs take notice. They've been putting it off for too long. They need to understand games like FM5, FH2, Drive Club and a few others are going to continue to blow them clean out of the water, unless they start taking sound seriously.

PD sells based on fan base and marketing. Other devs reel in new audiences by the innovate work they do.

You can only cater to your fan base for so long. What keeps you in business is the ability to reel in new audiences and building that fan base. I don't want to sound like some anti-PD guy here, but every now and then you come to know about GT loyalists walking away from the game cos' of the nonsense the devs are not addressing.

Back in the PS1 and 2 days, GT didn't have any real competition. Now it does, and they're going to trump GT into the ground...as long as PD lets them. Certification this, licensing that.. the core of the game needs major improvement.

Bring in the flak babies!

Thanks for the support guys. We need to stir up a proverbial storm so to speak. Maybe that's the only way PD will start taking sounds seriously.

Even to this day, it just makes me sad how this franchise rose to fame and offered gamers something completely unique (at the time), only to be marred and brought down by sounds, where it seems the devs were not even paying attention to what they're doing.

I'll say it again: PD's gone to lengths to get the graphics and physics right, what's stopping them from getting their toes wet as far as sound development goes??

I'd like better sounds too. And I know the appropriate section of GTP to repeatedly state that.

You don't seem to be bothered about it. You want better sounds? Join the petition! Raise your voice matey!

Back