Polyphony Digital is "Considering" Releasing Gran Turismo on PC

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 351 comments
Only considering it? Funny, @Nathan88 claimed months back that the port was already in progress.

disney classic GIF

I know it probably wouldn't be sanctioned by PD but if they allowed modding support albeit offline only similar to how GTA 5 works on PC then GT7 will be the best in the series. There is a very big market that PD/Sony is missing out on by not having GT on PC.
Have you played GTA5/Online on PC any time in the past 5 years? That "modding support" has absolutely destroyed normal online play. No thank you.

“Gran Turismo is a very finely tuned title,” Yamauchi-san explained. “There are not many platforms which could run the game in 4K/60p natively, so one way we make that possible is to narrow down the platform. It’s not a very easy subject, but of course, we are looking into it and considering it.”

I nearly spit out a full mouth of Cola reading that. LOL
Right :lol: Just running ACC, rF2, AMS2 at 120hz at 4k but sure, whatever. And that's without track and car LODs popping out right in front of your face like in GT7. Give me a break.

“Gran Turismo is a very finely tuned title,” Yamauchi-san explained. “There are not many platforms which could run the game in 4K/60p natively, so one way we make that possible is to narrow down the platform. It’s not a very easy subject, but of course, we are looking into it and considering it.”

I nearly spit out a full mouth of Cola reading that. LOL
Right :lol: Just running ACC, rF2, AMS2 at 120hz at 4k but sure, whatever. And that's without track and car LODs popping out right in front of your face like in GT7. Give me a break.
When he says finely tuned i think he means that the devs are working with the PS requirements in mind,you can't just let the PC brute force your game,it's not about power.
GTA 4 PC port still has problems nowadays and that's a 12 year old game.
If there is a GT7 PC port it will probabky be ported by nixxes a Sony studio that was responsible for some other Playstation PC ports

When he says finely tuned i think he means that the devs are working with the PS requirements in mind,you can't just let the PC brute force your game,it's not about power.
GTA 4 PC port still has problems nowadays and that's a 12 year old game.
If there is a GT7 PC port it will probabky be ported by nixxes a Sony studio that was responsible for some other Playstation PC ports
Right, what am I saying. It would probably be a mess anyways. You're right.

For most people's PC hardwares that are likely to be 5 years old now, I can only imagine the solid 60 experience that GT mandates for core gameplay sequences could experience the same stuttering as how the PS3 GT games feel to play as.

I'm all in for a PC release still.

For most people's PC hardwares that are likely to be 5 years old now, I can only imagine the solid 60 experience that GT mandates for core gameplay sequences could experience the same stuttering as how the PS3 GT games feel to play as.

I'm all in for a PC release still.
Seems to run fine on a nearly 10 year old PS4 though?

Settings exist on PC, the game can just be dialled down. It's hardly a problem.

I don't know if that user is right but I can tell you Poly lied about the ps5 exclusive. From the begining it was a cross gen game. So "considering" could be another lie. At the end, Sony makes a decision for Poly about a PC port.
Did Polyphony ever claim GT7 was PS5 exclusive? It was noted on the video footage shared by Sony during the reveal trailer, which was probably put there by Sony. Polyphony are at fault for many things GT related, but PS5 exclusive at the time or not, that was more than likely Sony.

I would have hoped they were further along, these answers makes me feel like in typical PD fashion they have quite the ways to go. Maybe if the other Sony PC ports do well they'll push the pace

Have you played GTA5/Online on PC any time in the past 5 years? That "modding support" has absolutely destroyed normal online play. No thank you.
GTA 5 has never supported mods. I think you’re confusing mod support with “doesn’t support mods, but the users figured out how to tweak things anyway”. If it officially supported mods then you’d see things like an SDK and mod download platform a La Steam Workshop.

If GT comes to PC, it doesn’t have to support mods, it’ll be modded regardless.

GTA 5 has never supported mods. I think you’re confusing mod support with “doesn’t support mods, but the users figured out how to tweak things anyway”. If it officially supported mods then you’d see things like an SDK and mod download platform a La Steam Workshop.

If GT comes to PC, it doesn’t have to support mods, it’ll be modded regardless.
That was my point.

Back