Polyphony Digital Takes Action Against "Misbehaving" Gran Turismo Sport Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good news. Those that exploit game glitches to win sport & lobby events have no place in the game. I hope PD also go after those miserable sandbagging miscreants next too. Leave the lower tiers to us terrible drivers, just because you cant win anything in your own tier, there is no need to steal from us bad drivers.

People should also be careful of what they call their lobbies as I take great delight in using the reporting system, when I come across a lobby that uses inappropriate language. Its so gratifying to hear back that PD/Sony agree and that they are issuing warnings to people to modify their behaviour. I have so far reported 30+ idiots using inappropriate lobby names in the game and had 30+ positive responses. I wonder how many I need to get a trophy!

Keep it clean on and off the track this is a PEGI 3 game after all.

Wait so banned accounts can't even save their data? Ouch
It's not clear. The statement (in Japanese) says "the applicable online IDs can not connect to the online service of “Gran Turismo SPORT”.".

We don't know what "the online service" means, but the simplest interpretation would be "things you need to be online to access"... Well, that would be everything except Scapes, Arcade Mode and the Campaign Mode events. And the game saving mechanism...

That's not the only interpretation - it may refer to just the actual online racing. It's not clear.

While I understand the need to crackdown on people who cheat online, I'm far less comfortable with the idea that ends up with people not being able to use the single player side of a title they gave paid for.
Blizzard when permanently ban a user, his copy of the game can throw it in the trash, it will be hard as a punishment but it is necessary if you want people to behave online well.
In the end you play with other people but if one of them damage you and the others, with cheat or trolling, just punish them in a severe way because if they buy a game for these things, they have made a completely wrong attitude.
Offline can not play GTS, so I guess if you are permanently banned you can not take advantage of the game for this reason, which is the classic law of online centric games.

Last edited:
Good to know. While they're at it, why not check out this video:

This guy should be banned from sport races, at least for a week. He was trying to divebomb everyone out the whole race.

Honestly, they’d need to ban 50% of GTS players if they start using this criterion. There are professional wreckers and clean racers who just go nuts from time to time with no apparent reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not clear. The statement (in Japanese) says "the applicable online IDs can not connect to the online service of “Gran Turismo SPORT”.".

We don't know what "the online service" means, but the simplest interpretation would be "things you need to be online to access"... Well, that would be everything except Scapes, Arcade Mode and the Campaign Mode events. And the game saving mechanism...

That's not the only interpretation - it may refer to just the actual online racing. It's not clear.

It may be in GTP's best interest to edit the article to reflect that it is unclear if saving is affected.

Haven't used any glitches myself, but this cough my eye. "misbehaving using malfunctions in the game". Im pretty sure they can't do that according to consumer laws as long as the glitches are build in to the game and players are not tampering with the data.

Haven't used any glitches myself, but this cough my eye. "misbehaving using malfunctions in the game". Im pretty sure they can't do that according to consumer laws as long as the glitches are build in to the game and players are not tampering with the data.

Maybe they can in Japan and that’s why they only posted it on the Japanese website?

If they want their partnership with the FIA to last more than a few months, they need to start banning players abusing the system. When you use an online service like PS+ or more specifically Sport Mode, you agree to the terms of service and can be banned at their own discretion.

I don't think this FIA thing will last long anyway just like other games.

Pretty sure they can because everyone agreed to their terms.

To be fair, the only people who should be Banned is Polyphony Digital. They have created an INCOMPLETE game and they are responsible to clear this mess. PD should provide players with a warning message for cheating online activities until Polyphony Digital fix their incomplete product.
What AAA game IS complete nowadays? :lol:

Nice that they have at least acknowledged the issue and are working on solutions. Communication is a wonderful thing 👍

This is good news. Those that exploit game glitches to win sport & lobby events have no place in the game. I hope PD also go after those miserable sandbagging miscreants next too. Leave the lower tiers to us terrible drivers, just because you cant win anything in your own tier, there is no need to steal from us bad drivers.

People should also be careful of what they call their lobbies as I take great delight in using the reporting system, when I come across a lobby that uses inappropriate language. Its so gratifying to hear back that PD/Sony agree and that they are issuing warnings to people to modify their behaviour. I have so far reported 30+ idiots using inappropriate lobby names in the game and had 30+ positive responses. I wonder how many I need to get a trophy!

Keep it clean on and off the track this is a PEGI 3 game after all.

If you come after me for being a furry and titleing my rooms to find other furries then I will report you right back for harassment. Furry hater.

The thing is, there are no in-game options for players to report other users for cheating, only options to report based on communication.

Whatever Polyphony have found must be related to trackable metrics in the backend, or the detection of some tools like attempts at modding, disrupting the online connection of opponents and the like.

For what it's worth this isn't the only racing game where players have been banned for cheating or breaking the Terms of Service; people get banned all the time in Forza titles for modding their game(s), uploading obscene liveries etc.

Well perma ban seems a bit too much with the current information imo. Anyway I don't think it prevents you from actually playing the game you paid for - you'd have to start over with a different account though, perhaps with proper behavior. Still I believe a ban is appropriate on something more serious than the annoying glitch exploitation.

"It is strictly prohibited to act by improperly modifying game data, misbehaving using malfunctions in the game, or causing inconvenience to other users"

If they are banning players based on these 3 principles, not only people modifying the game and exploring some bug in the game can be affected, but it's seems to be a matter of time until they start to ban someone raming other racers online. Do that in a FIA race and it will show yourself even more!

Since the communication have been done only in Japan it means only japanese players were affected?

I hope PD also go after those miserable sandbagging miscreants next too. Leave the lower tiers to us terrible drivers, just because you cant win anything in your own tier, there is no need to steal from us bad drivers.

Agreed, those players are the cockroaches of the community and I hope PD finds a way to penalize that kind of nonsense in sport mode.

Agreed, those players are the cockroaches of the community and I hope PD finds a way to penalize that kind of nonsense in sport mode.

Do people really do this? I know I get matched with C/S D/S drivers when my SR dips below 90/99.

How are you going to penalize someone being too slow...

PD should ban their own AI as they are the biggest rammers - I have been rammed far more by the AI than any real person. Not only that the AI can be in a massive crash and then just speed away from it AHEAD of you. They are also not slowed down by sand AT ALL or by spinning. They are very annoying. And don't get me started on the La Ferrari at Blue Moon - it has a rocket pack on its back.

CJ

Blizzard when permanently ban a user, his copy of the game can throw it in the trash, it will be hard as a punishment but it is necessary if you want people to behave online well.
In the end you play with other people but if one of them damage you and the others, with cheat or trolling, just punish them in a severe way because if they buy a game for these things, they have made a completely wrong attitude.
Offline can not play GTS, so I guess if you are permanently banned you can not take advantage of the game for this reason, which is the classic law of online centric games.
Blizzard do it for games with almost zero single player content, GTS isn't the same.

The banned people can simply create another account and play the game correctly, the only reason for cheating would be to show off to their PSN friends with trophies. So I doubt they would want the trophies on a 2nd account, and probably won't return to the game.
They certainly weren't playing for the love of fair and competitive online racing.

While I understand the need to crackdown on people who cheat online, I'm far less comfortable with the idea that ends up with people not being able to use the single player side of a title they gave paid for.
My exact concern with most of the game requirung an Internet connection. Only the online content should be locked behind am Internet connection. It wouldn't be fair for a player to be locked out if playing the offline stuff for online misconduct. Also, we need a way to report online misconduct.

The banned people can simply create another account and play the game correctly, the only reason for cheating would be to show off to their PSN friends with trophies. So I doubt they would want the trophies on a 2nd account, and probably won't return to the game.
They certainly weren't playing for the love of fair and competitive online racing.
They shouldn't need to.

Banning them from on-line competition is fair enough*, however then locking them out from single-player isn't.

*this does how assume that PD are able to do this is a fair and consistent manner, something that very much remains to be seen.

Is it possible to use unsavoury liveries, ive seen obscenties on cars, do they have age of user issues?

The chat after rqce and no doubt messages of rage do get a bit extreme as well sometimes.

When you ignore the penalties in sport mode you get disconnected from the race, this would be ample punishment for rammers, lap stalkers etc in my opinion , the disconnect and loss of dr sr would put them down in a ghost car only group f lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back