Polyphony Digital Takes Action Against "Misbehaving" Gran Turismo Sport Players

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 27, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

girabyt3, JamCar0ne, djdest and 5 others like this.
  2. baldgye

baldgye Premium

I don’t feel that great about this.

I’m not a cheater at all, but I feel really uneasy when people are permanently banned from playing a game, due to errors in what PD has programmed.

Pit lane glitching was not a massive universal issue breaking Sport mode at all and people used it in the ‘offline’ events to unlock cars that are gated behind ridiculous grinding.

Also curious that it’s only on the Japanese site...

3. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

Awesome news!

Sheriff Kaz cleaning up the town.:tup:

JensC, TheProRacer, jaytmtb and 9 others like this.
  4. CitroenCX

CitroenCX

I guess a lot of **** went down on Sport mode while I'm in Japan which is about 8-9 days ago.
    PD's not messing around this time.

5. danh25

danh25

The trolls and cheaters must be removed give her b...s

GG PD:cheers::tup:

6. VFOURMAX1

VFOURMAX1

It has to be a result of that turn 4 corner cutting debacle!:D

thorfynn, Robben, Renrag39 and 8 others like this.
  7. @nndr3w

@nndr3w

Would be interesting to see what PD deem as cheating. Theres the obvious like pit glitch, but what else? The title says "Misbehaving" - now that opens a whole can of worms. Lets hope its not related to SR and its current decision making. :banghead:

8. GTFraker

GTFraker

Great, love it.

buraspo likes this.
  9. Pedinhuh

Pedinhuh

Perfect, maybe this means more clean races from now on with better drivers? Hopefully.

2011Z likes this.
  10. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

I thought everybody being banned from playing offline was designed to stop this, maybe since their was is also exploitable they can go back to having a proper offline mode with offline saves (aka a proper Gran Turismo game).

11. Famine

Famine Administrator

We don't know what's qualified people for bans. A Google Translate of the post reads "illegality" rather than "cheating", which is a lot more sinister, but it reads like "cheating" to me (bear in mind I'm VERY rusty though).

I doubt PD would be too concerned about people using the pit-lane glitch for credit/XP levelling - although it might be, which is why we've always recommended people don't do it - and that seems to be quite widespread, so we'd know about it by now. It could be the use of the pit-lane glitch in Sport Mode, which would annoy PD tremendously. That's a lot less widespread, but it's definitely not just a Japanese problem.

12. OnyxMoneytron

OnyxMoneytron Premium

Mr. Pit Glitch is Japanese so they might have targeted him. When he shows up, other players try to glitch to beat him or wait for him to knock him off the circuit. I stopped playing for a while because of him. Here’s an example of his blatant cheating in a A/S S/S lobby.

No it’s not a problem only in Japan but they usually are in lower ranked lobbies but this one has been doing it systematically in top lobbies on the Asia/Pacific server.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2018
    mufty, N33D4SP33D177, xuosz and 11 others like this.
  13. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

Awesome. Less Idiots ti worry about

14. danh25

danh25

talk about the sport mode so I think the bans will be inherent in all the wrong things that some users have done in that mode.

The money glitch I think it's a very minor problem for them because it does not affect the sport mode in the most absolute way.

15. MikeV27

MikeV27

Good riddance.

16. flamingchariot

flamingchariot

If adults didn't let kids play on their toys lol...but seriously hopefully this might sort some of the issues the penalty system can't address namely anti-social and disruptive behaviour - the antithesis of sportsmanship :gtpflag:

17. polizei

polizei

GTP: If it's in the game it's not cheating.
    PD: Here's your ban for "not cheating".

18. jasguer

jasguer

If feel that if the lay the hammer down hard enough, that might give people a wake up call that if they are doing something wrong, they should change their behavior. Kinda of a “rule with an iron fist” mentality.

N33D4SP33D177 likes this.
  19. MikeV27

MikeV27

:lol:

it's how it should be though

N33D4SP33D177 and AJFast12 like this.
  20. Baliwa

Baliwa Premium

I have been in one room with him, after someone shouted he being cheater he just leave the room lol

21. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

While I understand the need to crackdown on people who cheat online, I'm far less comfortable with the idea that ends up with people not being able to use the single player side of a title they gave paid for.

22. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

I did the pit glitch offline one day. I only did it a couple of times, just to get a little extra money for Gr4 Vipers. I needed to buy six at the time for livery purposes :lol: All the other cars I own are legit, and I stopped doing it as soon as i had just enough money for my vipers.

I haven't done it since and I certainly HAVE NEVER used the pit glitch online in any form. That's a horrendous thing to do.

If someone does it offline, I see no problem with it. It certainly does not warrant a permanent ban from online racing. They'd probably be banning a lot of people anyway, as so many have done it (based off YouTube video views)

Now someone that does it online to take away wins from people and completely screw up the FiA races? That's totally different in my eyes. Get those guys out of here.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  23. PsuPepperoni

PsuPepperoni Premium

24. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

Good to know. While they're at it, why not check out this video:

This guy should be banned from sport races, at least for a week. He was trying to divebomb everyone out the whole race.

25. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

Wait so banned accounts can't even save their data? Ouch

N33D4SP33D177 and Latvija27 like this.
  26. sejtur

sejtur

You cheat in online mode... so you can't play the *whole* game anymore. What the [insert derogatory term here] PD.

27. Miguelinho

Miguelinho

Paying AAA prices just to cheat in the game. Imo it's all fair that you can't play the game. Your money your loss.

Only speaking for those who intended to cheat, like those who used the pit glitch systematically in sport races etc.

Obviously not those who were wrongly banned etc.

Phoenixsui, N33D4SP33D177 and Ramosis like this.
  28. Ok , punish people for breaking the TOC online. But surely they could get in hot water for effectively rendering the product not fit for purpose if you can't save offline?

29. OnyxMoneytron

OnyxMoneytron Premium

If they want their partnership with the FIA to last more than a few months, they need to start banning players abusing the system. When you use an online service like PS+ or more specifically Sport Mode, you agree to the terms of service and can be banned at their own discretion.

30. Pedinhuh

Pedinhuh

Wait, I thought it only limits them from accessing lobbies and sport races? If it truly leaves them out of connection with the PD servers then that's messed up

FKAustria1911 and N33D4SP33D177 like this.