Polyphony Digital Takes Action Against "Misbehaving" Gran Turismo Sport Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't cheated or even played the game much yet I haven't been unable to connect to the servers for days now. Can't save the game. So stupid. That $25 trade in value is probably the answer I'm looking for as I can't get an answer to my problems anywhere else. Every other game connects fine so it's something on GTs side. pissed is an understatement.

Have you looked at the Hellas server or error connecting to network threads as they have some solutions........
Had that same problem, when I checked it said I needed to delete 8 gigs of something idk why I needed to do that for not even a 4 gig update when I still had 55 gigs of space left. Weird

FINALLY!!!

I followed this steps (via gt sport Facebook)

If you're still having issues accessing PSN, please try these steps:

1. Log out of the account that is having difficulty
2. Power down the PS4
3. Access https://goo.gl/wsG2Yo and sign in.
4. Confirm signing into the website
5. Turn on the PS4 and log in
#sony #playstation #ps4 #granturismo #gtsport

Instagram: gtsport_official

Might not solve your issue but a readthru of each thread might......

So how is sandbagging cheating ? Is this not legit part of game,as long as you are not ramming people to go lower.Like i have said before, there are far more worse things that go on than this.I could not give a flying **** who does this,it's not hurting me.

They can come BAN me now.

I gathered they'd be banning people for using the pit bug from "misbehaving using malfunctions in the game" and a mention of that bug in the post.

Back when I played I used the pit glitch in single player to get over level 40.
Logged in today and nothing with my stats has changed yet.

Hopefully this doesn't apply to the pitlane glitch in terms of those using it to make a lot of credits offline. On average a 10 minute race earns me around 30,000Cr, and when half the cars in the game are 1,000,000Cr (not to mention the 2 new 20,000,000Cr cars) it's just a stupidly long slog. If they want people to stop using this glitch then they should drastically boost the number of credits one earns from races. As a casual 1hr/day gamer, I'm not going to spend several years of my time grinding for cars I've unlocked a hundred times over in other games.

It's as if the game was designed to have lootboxes but they decided not to add them at the last minute; the length of time you have to spend to acquire this stuff is near-criminal.

It’s software to unlock everything in GT Sport it can give unlimited money & miles exchange. That’s why people are getting banned

Sooo...anyone here getting banned yet?

I don't think they will ban people who only use the pit glitch offline. They would be banning half the userbase in that case. Cheating online however is reasonable grounds. I think it would only stop players from entering Sport Mode though. Everything else (including Livery & Scape upload) should still be accessible. Despite cheating, these people still pay full price for their games after all. Unless PD want to refund them via PSN credits (highly unlikely from financial POV).

Mr. Pit Glitch is Japanese so they might have targeted him. When he shows up, other players try to glitch to beat him or wait for him to knock him off the circuit. I stopped playing for a while because of him. Here’s an example of his blatant cheating in a A/S S/S lobby.

No it’s not a problem only in Japan but they usually are in lower ranked lobbies but this one has been doing it systematically in top lobbies on the Asia/Pacific server.

Thanks for posting my video here man :) appreciate it so much.

I hope PD really take this seriously (which they did now) because of the game have FIA collaboration in it. Those cheaters always find a way to win it. I hope this ban impose to those who cheats and make awareness to others who have started playing the game.

Last edited:
Discipline should be progressive, like week suspension followed by month suspension followed by banned from online if you don’t learn the lesson. Also, the criteria for discipline needs to be crystal clear, rather than “misbehaving” or “taking advantage of malfunctions in the game.” Would that have included the “transmission flip?” If there are malfunctions in the game, isn’t it up to PD to remove them?

Also, no mention of driving manners at all. ???
What is the "transmission flip?" Does that refer to how messing with the final drive and top speed settings in the right order can net you the same individual ratios regardless of final drive?

You wanna modify the game data then suffer the consequences, its the whole reason this game is mostly online, to stop people cheating. If you want to play offline go and play gran turismo 6 or forza 7, this it GT Sport.

Imagine going into a Championship race and some douchebag has modified a skyline to stick to the road constantly and ghost when passing other cars etc, not good.

It's as if the game was designed to have lootboxes but they decided not to add them at the last minute; the length of time you have to spend to acquire this stuff is near-criminal.
But for daily workout you may win one of those cars X)
Also daily workout prize car works like a lootbox but without paying any real cash for a random prize car :)
In one year you have about 360 chances to win any expensive cars :)
So you're winning 360 cars a year X)

Last edited:
Cheating/abusing the game in single player should be up to the user. Your game, your rules.
But not against other players online. I can forgive bouts of rage, an errant nerf, bad connection/lag and corner cutting, which already have in game consequences but not things like using the pit glitch or modifying code/data whilst online. These currently have no potential consequences to the perpetrator.
I would recommend, if you see or suspect such behaviour, save the replay. There may be a reporting function in the future but you will need hard evidence.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a more plainly worded terms of service appear in a future patch before the FIA races, aimed squarely at online races overall and a tiered approach to punishment.
I'm sure it's 'relatively' simple to restrict users from sport mode but still enable the save function.

Fwiw, I doubt there's more than a couple hundred users worldwide deserving of punishment. We'll just have to see how it shakes out.

Nobody gave me the memo there was a pit lane glitch. Now I feel left out.
First time hearing about it was when this story was posted in this thread.

I just suddenly got disconnected from the servers and got error code NP-32470-6 when I tried to sign in. At first I thought I've been banned :scared:, but a quick online search shows other people have been having same problems from the past few days. PSN has been acting up it seems.

Now, if only PD/Sony gives us a gift everytime PSN goes down. It's ridiculous even with PAID online services that connection errors still plague the network. Of course, none of this would be a problem if GTS isn't online only...

I just suddenly got disconnected from the servers and got error code NP-32470-6 when I tried to sign in. At first I thought I've been banned :scared:, but a quick online search shows other people have been having same problems from the past few days. PSN has been acting up it seems.

Now, if only PD/Sony gives us a gift everytime PSN goes down. It's ridiculous even with PAID online services that connection errors still plague the network. Of course, none of this would be a problem if GTS isn't online only...

One has to remember that perfection is “virtually” impossible to achieve. I was unable to log in for 24h after the last PSN down period but I have so many alternate accounts...

One has to remember that perfection is “virtually” impossible to achieve. I was unable to log in for 24h after the last PSN down period but I have so many alternate accounts...

True that, but one must have contingencies for when things do fail. I'm not a tech geek but how hard is it to invest in a backup server that automatically comes on when the primary one failed?

Alternate accounts would be useful if GTS' save isn't account connected. But as it stands, it's another example of why online only gaming sucks.

True that, but one must have contingencies for when things do fail. I'm not a tech geek but how hard is it to invest in a backup server that automatically comes on when the primary one failed?

Alternate accounts would be useful if GTS' save isn't account connected. But as it stands, it's another example of why online only gaming sucks.

The weird thing with these errors last week was that I was the only one on my friends list to be unable to access any online features once PSN services resumed. I also thought it was a ban but it was a random issue with a few accounts. Don’t think a second server would’ve been any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back