Polyphony Digital Takes Action Against "Misbehaving" Gran Turismo Sport Players

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Turbo Racer 48

Turbo Racer 48

Have you looked at the Hellas server or error connecting to network threads as they have some solutions........
    Might not solve your issue but a readthru of each thread might......

2. karelpipa

karelpipa

Kingdom Come hopefully :D

3. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

Spring Cleaning

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  4. CleanRacer45

CleanRacer45

Thanks for the help. I'll try it out. Appreciate the help

Turbo Racer 48 likes this.
  5. Laserbeak43

Laserbeak43

I gathered they'd be banning people for using the pit bug from "misbehaving using malfunctions in the game" and a mention of that bug in the post.

6. lisanorm

lisanorm

So how is sandbagging cheating ? Is this not legit part of game,as long as you are not ramming people to go lower.Like i have said before, there are far more worse things that go on than this.I could not give a flying **** who does this,it's not hurting me.

They can come BAN me now.

ROCKET JOE likes this.
  7. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Back when I played I used the pit glitch in single player to get over level 40.
    Logged in today and nothing with my stats has changed yet.

8. JoshMead

JoshMead

Hopefully this doesn't apply to the pitlane glitch in terms of those using it to make a lot of credits offline. On average a 10 minute race earns me around 30,000Cr, and when half the cars in the game are 1,000,000Cr (not to mention the 2 new 20,000,000Cr cars) it's just a stupidly long slog. If they want people to stop using this glitch then they should drastically boost the number of credits one earns from races. As a casual 1hr/day gamer, I'm not going to spend several years of my time grinding for cars I've unlocked a hundred times over in other games.

It's as if the game was designed to have lootboxes but they decided not to add them at the last minute; the length of time you have to spend to acquire this stuff is near-criminal.

9. Pichon617

Pichon617

It’s software to unlock everything in GT Sport it can give unlimited money & miles exchange. That’s why people are getting banned

10. CleanRacer45

CleanRacer45

I haven't cheated the game at all I feel like they gave me the boot lol

11. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Sooo...anyone here getting banned yet?

I don't think they will ban people who only use the pit glitch offline. They would be banning half the userbase in that case. Cheating online however is reasonable grounds. I think it would only stop players from entering Sport Mode though. Everything else (including Livery & Scape upload) should still be accessible. Despite cheating, these people still pay full price for their games after all. Unless PD want to refund them via PSN credits (highly unlikely from financial POV).

12. Taichi Yagami

Taichi Yagami

Thanks for posting my video here man :) appreciate it so much.

I hope PD really take this seriously (which they did now) because of the game have FIA collaboration in it. Those cheaters always find a way to win it. I hope this ban impose to those who cheats and make awareness to others who have started playing the game.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  13. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

What is the "transmission flip?" Does that refer to how messing with the final drive and top speed settings in the right order can net you the same individual ratios regardless of final drive?

14. Mr Satay

Mr Satay

You wanna modify the game data then suffer the consequences, its the whole reason this game is mostly online, to stop people cheating. If you want to play offline go and play gran turismo 6 or forza 7, this it GT Sport.

Imagine going into a Championship race and some douchebag has modified a skyline to stick to the road constantly and ghost when passing other cars etc, not good.

JacksHerer and buraspo like this.
  15. Calmlity

Calmlity

Permanent ban is not a good idea. Just drop the player's rating DR and SR to the lowest.

16. user3392345

user3392345 (Banned)

To let them start cheating again?

Liftime account ban from gt-s online services! +1

17. karelpipa

karelpipa

How hard can it be to permanently remove the possibility of doing pit bug?

18. KingFrog

KingFrog (Banned)

Nope, if you are modifying the games code it should be a perma ban .

Macboyilija and buraspo like this.
  19. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

They've already patched the pit glitch. I think people are using outside means to cheat.

karelpipa likes this.
  20. ZEROTHEKNIGHT

ZEROTHEKNIGHT

But for daily workout you may win one of those cars X)
    Also daily workout prize car works like a lootbox but without paying any real cash for a random prize car :)
    In one year you have about 360 chances to win any expensive cars :)
    So you're winning 360 cars a year X)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  21. Renrag39

Renrag39

Cheating/abusing the game in single player should be up to the user. Your game, your rules.
    But not against other players online. I can forgive bouts of rage, an errant nerf, bad connection/lag and corner cutting, which already have in game consequences but not things like using the pit glitch or modifying code/data whilst online. These currently have no potential consequences to the perpetrator.
    I would recommend, if you see or suspect such behaviour, save the replay. There may be a reporting function in the future but you will need hard evidence.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a more plainly worded terms of service appear in a future patch before the FIA races, aimed squarely at online races overall and a tiered approach to punishment.
    I'm sure it's 'relatively' simple to restrict users from sport mode but still enable the save function.

Fwiw, I doubt there's more than a couple hundred users worldwide deserving of punishment. We'll just have to see how it shakes out.

Ledbetter, Qyn, RodeRuner1967 and 4 others like this.
  22. buraspo

buraspo

At last

23. bad_brain_1

bad_brain_1

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  24. davidt33

davidt33

Nobody gave me the memo there was a pit lane glitch. Now I feel left out.
    First time hearing about it was when this story was posted in this thread.

25. GTFraker

GTFraker

You sure about that? Maybe you forgot to put on your special shades.

JacksHerer, Macboyilija and davidt33 like this.
  26. azrilnazli

azrilnazli

i feel bad for the kids...

27. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

I just suddenly got disconnected from the servers and got error code NP-32470-6 when I tried to sign in. At first I thought I've been banned :scared:, but a quick online search shows other people have been having same problems from the past few days. PSN has been acting up it seems.

Now, if only PD/Sony gives us a gift everytime PSN goes down. It's ridiculous even with PAID online services that connection errors still plague the network. Of course, none of this would be a problem if GTS isn't online only...

28. LeytonHouseF1

LeytonHouseF1 Premium

One has to remember that perfection is “virtually” impossible to achieve. I was unable to log in for 24h after the last PSN down period but I have so many alternate accounts...

29. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

True that, but one must have contingencies for when things do fail. I'm not a tech geek but how hard is it to invest in a backup server that automatically comes on when the primary one failed?

Alternate accounts would be useful if GTS' save isn't account connected. But as it stands, it's another example of why online only gaming sucks.

davidt33 likes this.
  30. LeytonHouseF1

LeytonHouseF1 Premium

The weird thing with these errors last week was that I was the only one on my friends list to be unable to access any online features once PSN services resumed. I also thought it was a ban but it was a random issue with a few accounts. Don’t think a second server would’ve been any good.