Porsche 911 GT3 RS Setup for Endurance Race

• Thread starter ItWasntMe
  • 39 comments
England
UK
r00dboy_500
Hi,

I have tried searching but can't find it so apologies if this comes across as laziness - it is not!

I'm after a set up for the 911 GT3 RS for the Endurance Race in GT League.

Standard; it's too lively (I'm using a DS4) and when I tune it; I either get swathes of under-steer followed by snap over-steer, or way too much turn in, followed by... Yeah.

I lowered it, stiffened the front ARB, and compression, spring rate and it understeers then snaps. I undid it, and worked from the back and couldn't work out where to go.

Is there any way to make it feel properly planted?

I'm no amateur but I can't find a decent set up within my realms of tuning knowledge, so I'm hoping I can farm it out to someone?

Thanks in advance.

Check out you tube. Both Praiano GT Sport Tunes and HammerStudiosGaming have tunes for the beast. I've not used either of their tunes in GT Sport but they both have stellar reputations in GT6. It's too bad we can't adjust ballast in GT Sport, I found that to cure a lot of Porsche ( Ruf ) ills in GT6.

Check out you tube. Both Praiano GT Sport Tunes and HammerStudiosGaming have tunes for the beast. I've not used either of their tunes in GT Sport but they both have stellar reputations in GT6. It's too bad we can't adjust ballast in GT Sport, I found that to cure a lot of Porsche ( Ruf ) ills in GT6.

Went with a HammerStudios setup. Much better!

Thanks for the pointer.

Wow I don't know what to say to that,
It is perfect in every way :bowdown::bowdown:
Blushing Smiley.gif

Thank You for the great compliment, Yours are really good too!!! 👍 👍

I've got some new Tunes & Liverys coming out, so Check Out My Garage Soon!!!

Cheers Smiley.gif

The one I used worked out fine. So here it is. Hope it works for you as well.

Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991) '16

498 ch
460,8 Nm
1349 kg
RR

Ratio power 100% niveau 1
Ratio weight reduction 95% niveau 2

Traction control

Sport Soft

Brakes front/rear distribution

FC Suspension
F/R
127mm/162mm // 5.00inch/6.37inch
1.95hz/1.95hz
8/8
56/54
86/89
1.8/1.5
Out -0.04/In +0.28

Downforce
F/R
0/200

FC LSD
R
6/8/18

FC Transmission
Final Gear at 4.500
Max Speed 200 km/h
1st 3.365/108
2nd 2.679/136
3rd 2.197/165
4th 1.870/194
5th 1.624/224
6th 1.448/251
7th 1.327/280
Final Gear at 3.314
For suits the track adjust just the Final Gear

The one I used worked out fine. So here it is. Hope it works for you as well.

Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991) '16

498 ch
460,8 Nm
1349 kg
RR

Ratio power 100% niveau 1
Ratio weight reduction 95% niveau 2

Traction control

Sport Soft

Brakes front/rear distribution

FC Suspension
F/R
127mm/162mm // 5.00inch/6.37inch
1.95hz/1.95hz
8/8
56/54
86/89
1.8/1.5
Out -0.04/In +0.28

Downforce
F/R
0/200

FC LSD
R
6/8/18

FC Transmission
Final Gear at 4.500
Max Speed 200 km/h
1st 3.365/108
2nd 2.679/136
3rd 2.197/165
4th 1.870/194
5th 1.624/224
6th 1.448/251
7th 1.327/280
Final Gear at 3.314
For suits the track adjust just the Final Gear

Thanks a lot to have proposed my tune. :cheers::cheers:

I did an update for this car, the older tune wasn't ok after the last patches.
Can be used with sport soft or racing hard tires.

Oh I can’t wait to try it! I tried your original tune and also noticed it wasn’t so great since the latest updates.

Okay so I did both of the Porsche endurance races races last night. Here are my Findings on the tunes in this thread.

Please not I am a DS4 user and the only aids I have are TC @ 2 and ABS on weak. I also tested all tunes on race medium tires first.

@Brewguy44 - car undrivable due to massive off lift off oversteer and instability under braking

@Jeje6410 - as above - car undrivable due to massive off lift off oversteer and instability under braking

@praiano63 - Eureka !! Hallelujah !! No lift off oversteer, stable under braking. I'm really glad you updated your tune !!

After finding praiano63's tune worked, I headed over to Dragon Tail. Did some laps with standard settings, all good. Then seeing as this is a non BOP race, started reducing the weight ever so slightly, worked well, was able to do faster lap times no change in car behaviour. Then increased power slightly and tested again, all good. After finding a good balance, sat down to do the race and totally blitzed the field, won by over 1 minute.

Moved on to Suzuka, keeping my exact settings from Dragon tail. Everything seemed fine at first but after 2 or 3 laps on RM tires, lift off oversteer returned and I found rotating the car through low speed corners difficult. I moved everything back to the default BOP weight and power and tried again. The car was better, but problems came back again after 2-3 laps. So started testing again. To cut a long story short, Increasing the power but keeping weight only slightly reduced produced the best result. I also stiffened the re suspension a bit as it was a bit jumpy over the kerbs and under acceleration. Even then whatever tire compound I used, the lift off oversteer and instability would return after the tires wore down.

I finally sat down to do the race, and after many false starts was able to complete the race with again, an over 1 minute advantage over the field.

So thanks to all tuners for your efforts. I cant help feeling however, that due the very different nature of the Suzuka circuit, it needs it's own slightly different tune. I don't know for sure, but I am guessing of you can find a tune that works on RH tires, it will work well with the other softer compounds.

Good luck to all gtplanet users who take on this event !!

Okay so I did both of the Porsche endurance races races last night. Here are my Findings on the tunes in this thread.

Please not I am a DS4 user and the only aids I have are TC @ 2 and ABS on weak. I also tested all tunes on race medium tires first.

@Brewguy44 - car undrivable due to massive off lift off oversteer and instability under braking

@Jeje6410 - as above - car undrivable due to massive off lift off oversteer and instability under braking

@praiano63 - Eureka !! Hallelujah !! No lift off oversteer, stable under braking. I'm really glad you updated your tune !!

After finding praiano63's tune worked, I headed over to Dragon Tail. Did some laps with standard settings, all good. Then seeing as this is a non BOP race, started reducing the weight ever so slightly, worked well, was able to do faster lap times no change in car behaviour. Then increased power slightly and tested again, all good. After finding a good balance, sat down to do the race and totally blitzed the field, won by over 1 minute.

Moved on to Suzuka, keeping my exact settings from Dragon tail. Everything seemed fine at first but after 2 or 3 laps on RM tires, lift off oversteer returned and I found rotating the car through low speed corners difficult. I moved everything back to the default BOP weight and power and tried again. The car was better, but problems came back again after 2-3 laps. So started testing again. To cut a long story short, Increasing the power but keeping weight only slightly reduced produced the best result. I also stiffened the re suspension a bit as it was a bit jumpy over the kerbs and under acceleration. Even then whatever tire compound I used, the lift off oversteer and instability would return after the tires wore down.

I finally sat down to do the race, and after many false starts was able to complete the race with again, an over 1 minute advantage over the field.

So thanks to all tuners for your efforts. I cant help feeling however, that due the very different nature of the Suzuka circuit, it needs it's own slightly different tune. I don't know for sure, but I am guessing of you can find a tune that works on RH tires, it will work well with the other softer compounds.

Good luck to all gtplanet users who take on this event !!

Thanks for your feedback but but what tune did you use ?
This https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...egurlaly-03-11-17.361318/page-4#post-12034984. You can use it in RH, RM, RS

Or this https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...gurlaly-02-03-18.361318/page-14#post-12226004 . You can use it only in Sport Soft.

@Jeje6410 - I used the one posted by @garystevens64 above, which as you say should only be used for sports softs - my apologies :bowdown::bowdown:

The first tune you linked to however is for the Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 not the 911 GT3 RS used in the Porsche cup endurance event. Would you like to post a modification of that tune for the 911 GT3 RS? I am sure many other users would appreciate it.

@Jeje6410 - I used the one posted by @garystevens64 above, which as you say should only be used for sports softs - my apologies :bowdown::bowdown:

The first tune you linked to however is for the Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 not the 911 GT3 RS used in the Porsche cup endurance event. Would you like to post a modification of that tune for the 911 GT3 RS? I am sure many other users would appreciate it.

Ok I will try to make it. Thanks again

All of Praiano's setups are really low front / really high rear suspension. Some cars need the front a little lower, 10mm or something but not 25mm+ then stiff front ARB, weak rear. Not being negative. I guess they work for him & others? Just not for me :)

You can give my tune a whirl. I have zero problems annihilating the AI ;)

LINK

Jerome

Optimized for Private League Races - very smooth on tires and tire wear is adjusted that front and rear wear is almost the same to avoid over/understeering during longer stints
PS: to avoid that question maybe: That setup was a request I did, I built it in Lobby mode with Tire wear and fuel usage - but for the videos i drive always Timetrial.

January 18 update for the 30 lap Porsche Endurance Race in GT League:
I used the @MINKIHL setup. Thank you Minkihl, es hilft sehr!
No tuning on the engine.
Fuel map set to 3.
Pit stop every 8 laps.
Lap 8: RH tires, fuel to go around 8.5 laps.
Lap 16: RH tires, fuel to go around 8.5 laps
Lap 25: RS tires, fuel to go around 6.1 laps (here i set the fuel map to 1, and pushed all the way)
Ended with over 1 minute lead. Although spun out 2 or three times. I hate Suzuka :-)

January 18 update for the 30 lap Porsche Endurance Race in GT League:
I used the @MINKIHL setup. Thank you Minkihl, es hilft sehr!
No tuning on the engine.
Fuel map set to 3.
Pit stop every 8 laps.
Lap 8: RH tires, fuel to go around 8.5 laps.
Lap 16: RH tires, fuel to go around 8.5 laps
Lap 25: RS tires, fuel to go around 6.1 laps (here i set the fuel map to 1, and pushed all the way)
Ended with over 1 minute lead. Although spun out 2 or three times. I hate Suzuka :-)

thanks alot mate :)

Hi, try this setup and let me know what you think?
Power Ratio 90 @ 441BHP
Weight @ 1235 kg
Traction control @ -0-
Racing Hard tyre
Brake balance @ -0-
100mm x 165mm
2.65 X 2.20
ARB @ 7 front 1 Rear
52 X 61
82 X 82
Camber @ 0.0 X 0.0
Toe @ 0.00X 0.00
Differential @ 10, 5, 30
Gears, Default, 5.000 @ 130mph
First gear @ 3.010
Second @ 2320
Third @ 1880
Forth @ 1570
Fifth @ 1360
Sixth @ 1220
Seventh @ 1120
Final drive @ 3.400
Hope you enjoy as much as I did
( you can use traction control on 1 if needed )

Last edited:
Hi,

I have tried searching but can't find it so apologies if this comes across as laziness - it is not!

I'm after a set up for the 911 GT3 RS for the Endurance Race in GT League.

Standard; it's too lively (I'm using a DS4) and when I tune it; I either get swathes of under-steer followed by snap over-steer, or way too much turn in, followed by... Yeah.

I lowered it, stiffened the front ARB, and compression, spring rate and it understeers then snaps. I undid it, and worked from the back and couldn't work out where to go.

Is there any way to make it feel properly planted?

I'm no amateur but I can't find a decent set up within my realms of tuning knowledge, so I'm hoping I can farm it out to someone?

Thanks in advance.

Am no expert but, I have been trying to tame the GT3RS. I welcome any corrections to my theory on this but, having only driven a Porsche once, I'm unfamiliar with how a rear engined car feels in race conditions. That said, I tweaked and tested until I got a back to front car to behave enough to go where I wanted it to. I think you are spot on, working from back to front. Setting the GT3RS up like a conventional car results in 3 wheeled cornering and too much "snap", as you say. I stiffened rear roll bar more than the front. Jacked up the back a little more than the front, to force the front end down, stiffened rear compression and damping and put plenty camber on the rear wheels, with a little on the front. People reading this might be rolling about thinking I've created some kind of psychotic wheelbarrow but, it does feel 'planted', if that's what you're lookong for. Any pointers from those who may know better, welcome...

Back