Porsche 911 RSR Confirmed For GT Sport

Ok well I will say afaik the GTE-Pro are all mid engine.

The GTE-Am are at always a year older minimum than the GTE-Pro cars so the Am Porsche’s are Rear Engine, until possibly next year.
uhhh, Corvette C7.R and the Aston V8 Vantage GTE are both FR...

While technically correct, the Aston and Corvette's engines are moved way back under the bulkhead from stock. Their weight balance is more akin to a mid-engined car. It's not a great deal different from what Porsche embarked on with the new RSR........but at the opposite end of the car.
Screenshot_20170929-041247-picsay.jpg

OOHHH MY GOODNESS!!!!! :D Holy cow that's even more reason to get GT Sport, as if I wasn't already convinced enough. xD The real counterpart had a killer exhaust note at Le Mans this year!

i know they aren't the same BUT the new GT3 car is also mid-engined im sure of it
now about the Ferrari let me Correct my self we have all the manefactures & yet again im not Counting Cadilac not matter what you say Because it runs in one specific series only until it race to more than one series at the same time im not changing my mind

No it's not mid-engine, so just stop, they'd have to get it re-homologated for that and the only reason they converted their top of the line (GTE is the highest form), is because of other primary only GTE cars that were hard to keep up with. As for Cadillac's GT3 no, not only until it races in more, there are several cars I could name GT4 or GT3 that run specific series, and yet count toward the global idea of GT3 and GT4. Bentley being one of those groups who run limited and primarily European events only. The Ferrari in question is old and vastly different than the current faster version seen in GT3 and GTE. The only reason we don't see a GR.3 Ferrari in 488 guise, is because Ferrari don't give much liberty to anyone to mold a likeness of their vehicle with out extensive approval from Ferrari.

I'm not here to change your mind, I responded out of the fact your post was wrong. Despite your beliefs, you gave a blanket statement I corrected it, you wanted to split hairs. That's it. You accepting it or not isn't really up to you, and your bias. It's simply those who read it and decide if they agree with what you said or with me. I'm just putting out the corrective info.

Though I understand where @Jakedog23 was getting at (All Porsche's even without say it it's clear to me), I would still say that you're wrong in the sense of front mid engine cars. Mid engine doesn't mean behind the driver, in fact it simply is a layout referring to engines that sit between the front and rear axle of the car. That's it, nothing super fancy. @AH49 further demonstrated this with a handy picture of an AMR, and the axle line of the front being ahead of the engine.

Last edited:
No it's not mid-engine, so just stop, they'd have to get it re-homologated for that and the only reason they converted their top of the line (GTE is the highest form), is because of other primary only GTE cars that were hard to keep up with. As for Cadillac's GT3 no, not only until it races in more, there are several cars I could name GT4 or GT3 that run specific series, and yet count toward the global idea of GT3 and GT4. Bentley being one of those groups who run limited and primarily European events only. The Ferrari in question is old and vastly different than the current faster version seen in GT3 and GTE. The only reason we don't see a GR.3 Ferrari in 488 guise, is because Ferrari don't give much liberty to anyone to mold a likeness of their vehicle with out extensive approval from Ferrari.

I'm not here to change your mind, I responded out of the fact your post was wrong. Despite your beliefs, you gave a blanket statement I corrected it, you wanted to split hairs. That's it. You accepting it or not isn't really up to you, and your bias. It's simply those who read it and decide if they agree with what you said or with me. I'm just putting out the corrective info.

Though I understand where @Jakedog23 was getting at (All Porsche's even without say it it's clear to me), I would still say that you're wrong in the sense of front mid engine cars. Mid engine doesn't mean behind the driver, in fact it simply is a layout referring to engines that sit between the front and rear axle of the car. That's it, nothing super fancy. @AH49 further demonstrated this with a handy picture of an AMR, and the axle line of the front being ahead of the engine.
that arargument is done i was wrong end of story

Back