Porsche 911 RSR Confirmed For GT Sport

That’s good news, damn good news. Now tell PC2 and FM7 to do the same. I’m hoping this game adds great dlc cars and tracks, past and current.
Well forza has a 6 year partnership with porsche and as for pcars, they probably have some deal with porsche right??

awesome stuff I would have doubted this car would make it into the game before the GT3 rsr version, given that it's exclusively factory backed at the moment makes it a sensitive subject. It makes me think if the GT3 version will be added just as easily. In the past manufacturers tended to be quite salty when licensing cars for GT games, it's all the more a celebration for me when revered marks are added to GT than others of the same genre.

Here's a better look at the 911 RSR in GT Sport, via Famitsu:

l_59c7d1018b23f.jpg

When the full game comes out someone better to work on implementing this livery onto the car, despite the irony of it being a Forza competition winning design:

HPI Blog 1.jpg

The yellow endurance headlights give it a demonically possessed look.

Gulf, Martini, Rothmans and other classic colours shouldn't go amiss either.

Great coincidence of Porsche - who probably have the most iconic race liveries of any manufacturer, helped by their successes in the sport - and a livery editor finally making an appearance on a GT game, and at the same time. Never thought I would see the day: two of the most requested things for the GT series arriving together.

Good times ahead...

Last edited:
Hmm. did the race/game stutter or was it only on mine side? It was obvious when the announcer said they where going through the Dunlop corner and we could see the left side of the M6. Hope this will not be the norm in gts like it was in gt6.

Last edited:
Hmm. did the race/game stutter or was it only on mine side? It was obvious when the announcer said they where going through the Dunlop corner and we could see the left side of the M6. Hope this will not be the norm in gts like it was in gt6.

Not sure if its the same video I watched, but the one I've seen had video/audio sync issues.

Suspicious physics at

Okamoto in position 2 loses control and appears to hit/maybe just miss a barrier. Car does 360 partially off-camera (there's a replay shortly thereafter). Tyres re-grip at 0 degrees off track direction. Okamoto does lose two places but cars 3 and 4 were directly behind car 2 at the time.

Holy geez! I don't know if it's the camera angles chosen, combined with the nice distant sounds and echo, but GTS definitely blurs the line between reality and just a game. It's only during a slight hiccup in the frames when you can tell is a game. Also the tarmac texture during stand-still.

When the full game comes out someone better to work on implementing this livery onto the car, despite the irony of it being a Forza competition winning design:

View attachment 675368

The yellow endurance headlights give it a demonically possessed look.

Gulf, Martini, Rothmans and other classic colours shouldn't go amiss either.

Great coincidence of Porsche - who probably have the most iconic race liveries of any manufacturer, helped by their successes in the sport - and a livery editor finally making an appearance on a GT game, and at the same time. Never thought I would see the day: two of the most requested things for the GT series arriving together.

Good times ahead...
I personally prefare more subtle retro liveries. Photomode is going to be so rewarding with those fantastic scapes.

Screenshot_20170926-015103-picsay.jpg

I personally prefare more subtle retro liveries. Photomode is going to be so rewarding with those fantastic scapes.

View attachment 675449

I don't mind old or new, whatever I think looks good. Having said that, man I cannot wait to try some classic styles on the RSR, Martini, Brumos, Gulf, etc...

Also just happy we have more than one Porsche now confirmed, and a cracker model I woudln't have expected either. Still hoping there'll be a few more.

GPR
I don't mind old or new, whatever I think looks good. Having said that, man I cannot wait to try some classic styles on the RSR, Martini, Brumos, Gulf, etc...

Also just happy we have more than one Porsche now confirmed, and a cracker model I woudln't have expected either. Still hoping there'll be a few more.

That's the beauty of it. To finally have Porsche is such a great thing. But people will be able to enjoy it in on almost all levels. To feel the new physics engine simulate a mid-engined 911 will be something to look forward to. To add to that, we have what looks like to be an almost limitless livery/paint editor mode, especially with the import feature, and then we have the most photo realistic capture mode to parade them in. Everyone gets a nice slice.:)👍

Last edited:
Here's hoping even more Porsches will be revealed to be some of the last few holes in the full car list. I could see the base model Boxster and top-range Cayman being welcome additions to the lower N classes, and the 918 filling some much needed spots in the upper range (I believe the LaFerrari is N1000, so it'd probably sit around there). Obviously the 919 is something I'm sure plenty of people around here want in Gr. 1, but I'm also hoping a non-911 model can join the ranks in Gr. 4, just for diversity. Not sure if anything like that exists in reality (Edit - just looked up the Cayman Clubsport, it's possible), but I wouldn't be opposed to PD cooking something up.

It'd also be fun to see something in Gr. B - it's a little wild to imagine a 911 in rally spec, but the GT-R's gotten the treatment so it's not off the table. A Cayenne could also be an option but it being an SUV it could be too big - not sure what PD's regulations are with their specs though.

Here's hoping even more Porsches will be revealed to be some of the last few holes in the full car list. I could see the base model Boxster and top-range Cayman being welcome additions to the lower N classes, and the 918 filling some much needed spots in the upper range (I believe the LaFerrari is N1000, so it'd probably sit around there). Obviously the 919 is something I'm sure plenty of people around here want in Gr. 1, but I'm also hoping a non-911 model can join the ranks in Gr. 4, just for diversity. Not sure if anything like that exists in reality (Edit - just looked up the Cayman Clubsport, it's possible), but I wouldn't be opposed to PD cooking something up.

It'd also be fun to see something in Gr. B - it's a little wild to imagine a 911 in rally spec, but the GT-R's gotten the treatment so it's not off the table. A Cayenne could also be an option but it being an SUV it could be too big - not sure what PD's regulations are with their specs though.

My guess if PD want to put Gr. 4 there is already a Cayman GT4 Clubsport, so they don't have to model their own Gr. 4 car for Porsche. Gr. 1 definitely 919, Gr. N could be Boxster, Cayman or even 918. Gr. B however PD might do their original version of 911 rally car, like the GT-R. Just hoping it will get Rothmans livery because the original 911 Group B rally car use this. Well, not an exact Rothmans livery because the brand didn't exist anymore, just a color and line scheme. At least giving a bit nostalgic feels to it :

maxresdefault.jpg

I'll be honest, I had high expectations for spectator view but even on lan, that doesn't look organic at all. Very jittery. P.S I watched this video yesterday and it sounds nothing like the current RSR.

What really interests me now is how a mid-engined 911 (which was originally built as an RR layout) behave in the corners, and how does it put its power down to the ground.

Latest Posts

Back