Porsche 911 RSR Confirmed For GT Sport

If they can make it sound even a bit like the real thing, that'd be great. Thing sounds nothing short of incredible in the flesh.

Depends on when they modelled it. Was it prior to the Rolex 24 (Original exhaust) or after Le Mans (New Exhaust)

Is that model base on the 2017 911 Turbo S

e1ew3p.jpg

Hoping they will add a road car of the 911 Turbo S either from 2014 or 2017 model.

Closest available will be Gr. 3. The Corvette is a similar story being a GTE/GT3 hybrid.
I get that they didn't use the C7.R in GTS given that it's a GTE and not a GT3 but there is a real GT3 Corvette. Maybe they get better balance from making their own Corvette racer. Though I think the 911 RSR will fit into the Group 3 crowd just fine.

Is that model base on the 2017 911 Turbo S

e1ew3p.jpg

Hoping they will add a road car of the 911 Turbo S either from 2014 or 2017 model.

Nope. As pointed out, the 911 RSR is a Mid-Engined car and there are no Mid-engine 911 road cars its based on.

ss3
What's up with the Audi Quattro pikes peak being the only car not in the 2000s

That alone gives me hope that there will be at least a few more 80s/90s cars, if only because it'll look so bizarre otherwise. If it was a Ferrari F40, a Ford GT or some similarly iconic car, sure, but outside of motorsport circles the Pikes Peak quattro is just a weird looking rally car.

Depends on when they modelled it. Was it prior to the Rolex 24 (Original exhaust) or after Le Mans (New Exhaust)
Well, I first heard the thing from onboards at Le Mans. The sound was so good I literally just left them on and listened to them. Hours of listening later and the sound still hadn't got old. That is how good it sounds.

It will be easy to tell which exhaust system PD modeled for the RSR once a photo of the back appears.

2c7979e2-0ea3-4719-af9e-ec3572f90457_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

The spread out exhaust at the start of the year.

24-Heures-du-Mans-2017-91-Porsche.jpg

The narrowed, higher and glorious sounding upgrade that debuted at Le Mans later in the year.

My favorite car to drive in PCARS was the RUF GT3 so this could very well be my favorite car here too.

I predicted we'd get this but nice to have confirmation.

Back