Porsche coming tomorrow.

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 81 comments
I basically screamed when I first saw the trailer. :lol:

I still can't believe this is happening. Though, I'm curious; what did Turn 10 do to get the license again? I thought that EA was done sub-licensing them or something after FM4.

I basically screamed when I first saw the trailer. :lol:

I still can't believe this is happening. Though, I'm curious; what did Turn 10 do to get the license again? I thought that EA was done sub-licensing them or something after FM4.

MS likely caved in and paid EA's asking price for the sub-license, which is likely to be very expensive, because EA.

Correct me if I'm wrong

But I assume Forza is the only car game franchise to have Porsche and RUF in the same game..

Any other series have this or just Forza?

Correct me if I'm wrong

But I assume Forza is the only car game franchise to have Porsche and RUF in the same game..

Any other series have this or just Forza?

Test Drive II: The Duel was actually the first one to achieve that:

141946-the-duel-test-drive-ii-amiga-screenshot-porsche-959.gif

301279-test-drive-ii-car-disk-the-supercars-dos-screenshot-ruf-twin.png

It's a shame the cars aren't presented with those stats anymore. The 959 pulls away thanks to its 4WD traction advantage up to 60 and then the Yellowbird absolutely picks up its skirts and rifles through to 100 mph. Fascinating stuff.

I've got forklift training tomorrow, as enjoyable as that is, I'll be wanting this pack desperately.

"Porsche Expansion: Available June 9"

*looks at date* It's June 9 now!! Where is it!? Oh wait, June 9 American time... So tomorrow.

Stupid Americans, thinking they're the only country in the world, and making everyone work around their times. Pfft, grrgtdft... Other pointless muttering noises, etc.

So is it out now?
No, unfortunately. Should be out later like the usual time for FH2 DLC's. Im hoping this isn't the last piece of content for FH2. We still have the BAC Mono to come, and hopefully they have something like the 1000 Club DLC which was fantastic and greatly improved the life of FH1 for me. A map expansion (even a small one, like a real world track) would be great, but highly unlikely at this point.

No, unfortunately. Should be out later like the usual time for FH2 DLC's. Im hoping this isn't the last piece of content for FH2. We still have the BAC Mono to come, and hopefully they have something like the 1000 Club DLC which was fantastic and greatly improved the life of FH1 for me. A map expansion (even a small one, like a real world track) would be great, but highly unlikely at this point.
Didn't they also tease the Citroen ds too?

Did they? Link? Was certainly aware they confirmed the Mono, didn't see the tease on the Citroen DS. Would be awesome if that came, would fit great in Horizon 2
I remember seeing it on a old Twitter post someone posted a few months ago.

No 911 GT3 991 on the list?? That's my favorite Porsche .. Why??

Its only just come out in the last couple of years and its your favourite Porsche? Over everything else on offer? Isn't the 4.0 997.2 GT3 good enough or something?

(I too am rather excited. I can't think of another game with such an awesome car selection available.)

As good as the new one is, the 4.0 997 is the ultimate for me. The Mezger's swansong.

Its only just come out in the last couple of years and its your favourite Porsche? Over everything else on offer? Isn't the 4.0 997.2 GT3 good enough or something?

(I too am rather excited. I can't think of another game with such an awesome car selection available.)
Fussy I know, but I find the tail lights on the 997.2 quite yucky :lol:

The Porsche achievements are showing up on my system, so it can't be long now. The hardest decision is which car to take out for a spin first.

Here's hoping for some interesting body mods too, like the GT2's combination of options in FM4.

The Porsche achievements are showing up on my system, so it can't be long now. The hardest decision is which car to take out for a spin first.

Here's hoping for some interesting body mods too, like the GT2's combination of options in FM4.
The 80s turbo had a lot of parts. You could make it look like basic classic 911 which I quite liked.

I think I'll either try the 991 Turbo first or the 997.2 GT3 RS 4.0. I've wanted to drive the GT3 RS 4.0 in a good racing game for a long time.

VXR
Still not on the store. The update is out though and I'm downloading it now.

Odd, the pack is up on the store (saw a GB link on the official forums no less), but the game update still needs to happen over here.

I'll probably take the 918 out first, but the first one I'm buying is the Turbo 3.3. Need my old project car back!

Back