Porsche coming tomorrow.

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 81 comments
Engine Swaps Available:
Cayman GTS: 911 GT3 RS 4.0
Macan Turbo: 458 Italia
918 Spyder: None, though you can turbocharge it (for 1064hp :eek: )
911 Turbo S: None
911 GT3 RS 4.0: None
Carrera GT: 918 Spyder (with no weight penalty!)
944 Turbo: Supra Turbo, Corvette Stingray
959: 911 Turbo S
911 Turbo 3.3: 911 Turbo S
914/6: 911 GT3 RS 4.0

All cars get FM bumpers and wings, with the Turbo 3.3 getting a few other body options, similar to its selection in FM4.

Yup, which means that I'll be able to make this again.

Porsche 911 Carrera 3.8 RS Replica_1.jpg

Engine Swaps Available:
Cayman GTS: 911 GT3 RS 4.0
Macan Turbo: 458 Italia
918 Spyder: None, though you can turbocharge it (for 1064hp :eek: )
911 Turbo S: None
911 GT3 RS 4.0: None
Carrera GT: 918 Spyder (with no weight penalty!)
944 Turbo: Supra Turbo, Corvette Stingray
959: 911 Turbo S
911 Turbo 3.3: 911 Turbo S
914/6: 911 GT3 RS 4.0

All cars get FM bumpers and wings, with the Turbo 3.3 getting a few other body options, similar to its selection in FM4.

That's funny, I just built up my 918 and it isn't making that power.

It's making 1,441hp and 1,347 LB-FT of Torque. :eek::eek: :lol:

You can stick it in 7th gear and cruise and it'll still pull like a champion when you put the throttle down. ;)

It's a fun pack so far. The GT3 RS is a dream come true for me. The 911 Turbo's are a blast, as are the 944 and Cayman (both of which surprised me). The 918 is fun and the Carrera GT is as well. I'd gladly swap the Macan for something along the lines of a 993 Turbo or a mid 60s 911.. I was kind of hoping that we'd finally be able to engine swap a flat 6 into the VW Beetle but no :(

The flat 6 engine swap was great in Forza 5 Making an atmo Ruf was one of the most pleasing swaps in that game.

I gotta say, I am dissapointed. This isn't an "expansion". It is two DLC packs without free cars and some additional stuff to make it seem a bit better. I think this may have been because of the unintentional leak which meant they had to advance plans and cut out a new location, but it feels like FM4 content (based on their website, unfortunately joined 7th gen gaming properly in late 2013 when I got gifted a PS3 so no Xbox 360) recycled for the One. That said, due to my love of the 930 I will still buy the pack.

It is half the price of the FM4 Porsche pack. That was 1,600 points or about $20 or as high as $30 in lesser countries.

Right now in my country the Porsche pack is about $13 and Storm Island is $26... bit much IMO.

I dont want to defend MS but what did you expect? For $10 I expected 10 cars to be used in the normal game. There are 168 races right? That's heaps of use of the cars.

The 500 achieves and the extra missions is bonus.

I think sometimes people forget that EA has a large say in both the content of the pack and its price, whether direct or indirect.

10 cars is more than enough for $10 IMO, plus it comes with more achievements and its own bucket list. What more can be given for such a pack?

I think people, including myself, thought it might come with some of the Storm Island map made available.

We're highly fortunate though, that EA was willing to allow the 918, 4.0 RS and 991 Turbo S to appear in the game. Those three are pretty big draws that they could've kept for themselves and given Forza nothing but older models featured in previous games. As it is, 5 of the cars are all new.

For me the only disappointment was the Cayman GTS instead of the GT4, but that's down to EA keeping the GT4 exclusive to Real Racing 3.

For me the only disappointment was the Cayman GTS instead of the GT4, but that's down to EA keeping the GT4 exclusive to Real Racing 3.
Something I hadn't considered was that EA was keeping it for themselves but definitely a good point. What sucks is I hate that Porsche renewed their exclusive license with EA but I'm willing to bet they got a fat payday for doing so, and for that I can't blame them.

The strange part about that is, well, why? Why not let T10 have the GT4 in a paid-for expansion pack for FH2. It's not like it and Real Racing 3 are direct competition.

The sound of the CGT has made it an early favourite for me. Wow.

I believe it wasn't a deal for single models, a piecemeal agreement in between EA, Microsoft and Porsche. People forget that at the end of the day Porsche has the loudest voice in any talk about licensing their brand. They could even sue EA for misuse, and I'd say that the exclusivity of their license itself is quite precarious.

A significant drop in the licensing fees for EA on Microsoft platforms (XBOX and PC) may have been involved in softening EA, too, but that's all guesswork. It would make sense, tho: licensing for triple A titles can cost up to 10$ per unit, and I could see both involved parties profiting from a reduction to the licensing cost of NFS for Porsche license type of deal.

The sound of the CGT has made it an early favourite for me. Wow.

In that you are not alone, my friend, you are not alone.

So all Sony might have to do is
Sony:"Hey, we will give your "racing" game a reduction in fees... now let us use the GT4 in our upcoming title in 2016, GT7. Yeah, that one."
EA: "I am fine with that... for now."
Porsche: "We get more exposure now".

You know who really wins out of the excusivity?
RUF. Because now everyone who plays racing games knows what a RUF is.

EA has often claimed timed exclusives in the past--the Huayra was theirs alone for a while before finally appearing in the Forza series as soon as the agreement expired.
Judging by the absence of the 991 GT3 and GT3 RS from this pack, I would guess EA is keeping those solely for NFS at this point.

Just finished the Porsche Bucket list, man this expansion is a blast!

Exactly where I've started. I've now moved on to finishing every championship I haven't done yet and can use a Porsche for, picking up all the Porsche achievements in the process. Haven't had this much fun with a driving game since the release of Storm Island.

You know who really wins out of the excusivity?
RUF. Because now everyone who plays racing games knows what a RUF is
For sure. I bet they were dead pleased when they heard about the Porsche/EA deal back in the day

EA's grip does seem to be loosening somewhat though

Back