Porsche Esports Challenge USA Returns for 2023 in Gran Turismo 7 with $30,000 Prize Fund

• Thread starter Famine
  • 111 comments
Anyone been to the offline qualifier events at Porsche dealers? I’m going this Saturday to the PEC in Atlanta. I know I’m not the fastest but can still put a solid time, and am mostly going for the experience (and that awesome museum lol). Would love to hear about anyone’s impressions.
There is one you have to pre-book, and I think it's that one... so make sure you do/have to avoid disappointment.

Anyone been to the offline qualifier events at Porsche dealers? I’m going this Saturday to the PEC in Atlanta. I know I’m not the fastest but can still put a solid time, and am mostly going for the experience (and that awesome museum lol). Would love to hear about anyone’s impressions.
I was going to try to make the one in Florida, but I was traveling for work last week and making it there on a Saturday seemed like a giant waste of time and effort especially after traveling a majority of the previous day. I also had family in town so it was not good timing.

I can see doing one if you are very close to the location.

Good luck and have fun. Definitely take some pictures if possible.

Upon booting up GT7 on Tuesday, I did not get the 959 prize car despite completing the event on Sunday night. Did I just completely miss redeeming the gift ticket or is this a bug? I got the 917K last week after completing the Le Mans TT.

Upon booting up GT7 on Tuesday, I did not get the 959 prize car despite completing the event on Sunday night. Did I just completely miss redeeming the gift ticket or is this a bug? I got the 917K last week after completing the Le Mans TT.
That one got reset after a few hours and times were cleared. I'm guessing yours was in that bunch. I had to run it twice.

"The six in-person events take place at dealers in California, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, and New Jersey for a limited time at each. There players will be tasked with a hot lap of Laguna Seca in the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991) ’16".

Let's post our times. Rules are stock tune, RH, No Nitro. Winning time will be politely asked to prove rules were adheared to.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20230728155623.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230728155623.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20230728155606.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230728155606.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 12
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20230728155504.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230728155504.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 11
That one got reset after a few hours and times were cleared. I'm guessing yours was in that bunch. I had to run it twice.
I still got the 959, even though I only put in some laps before the leaderboards got wiped (was out of country after it happened).

As for dealership qualifier, it's fully stock on Sports Medium tires, equal conditions mode. Traction control has to be on 3 (they were strict about this).

Did anyone get their free RSR yet? I turned on the PS4 before work this morning but there was nothing at that time.

The ATL offline event was pretty straightforward, unfortunately I had plans that evening so I wasn't able to warm up to the Fanatec DD and pedals long enough to have the best time. TCS was also kept at 3 and was AT only, so that was a bit of a bummer. Yet the organizers were also straightforward and friendly. Hope everyone else in the offline events had fun and best of luck in the finals to those fastest!

Seeing a pristine '74 Carrera RS, Carrera GT, and yellow 906 at the Heritage Gallery for the first time was such a treat though.

IMG_5775.jpeg

Last edited:
I really quite enjoyed these events and pretty pleased with how they went (not least of which because I now have Cr.22M+ of cars that I didn’t have before)!! Only did 15 mins with the 959 as I’m just not a fan of rallying in the game (love watching it IRL), but finishing 69th in the 917K at Le Mans and 298th in the 911RSR at Daytona was pretty awesome as it was much better than I‘d expected. Shame it’s over really! Cheers

Haywood is low key one of the best sim racers out there. Dude has made 50k in prize money in 2 years. More than the current world champion in GT7. He's a consistent driver who doesn't get enough credit and recognition. Winning the Porsche Esports challenge is one thing, but to retain it from a pool of 36k drivers is a whole other level. Congratulations Randall!

Last edited:
Haywood is low key one of the best sim racers out there. Dude has made 50k in prize money in 2 years. More than the current world champion in GT7. He's a consistent driver who doesn't get enough credit and recognition. Winning the Porsche Esports challenge is one thing, but to retain it from a pool of 36k drivers is a whole other level. Congratulations Randall!
Had the pleasure of "racing" against him in an open lobby once back in GTS. It was less like a race and more like a one-sided slaughter :lol:.

If I remember it well enough, I think he was also 1-2 seconds faster than the other A+ drivers in the lobby. Didn't matter if the track was changed - he was setting the pace immediately every time.

Back