Porsche Hits the Rally Stages With the Cayman GT4 Rallye

I was expecting something more like this :indiff:

1200px-Porsche_953_front_side.JPG

I really hope they don't just do asphalt rounds only. The beauty of converting these cars into rally cars is going to play on the gravel also. I love RWD rally cars they are awesome!

This looks really interesting. I'm just one of those old-school guys who really just doesn't enjoy the 4WD rally scene much. I can't wait to see the new Alpine A110 go rallying too!

Last edited:
Everything, and I mean everything, looks better as a rally car. It's just one of those facts of life.

This is very much true, if anyone needs more proof just watch FailRace's rallycar build videos.

Ever since the Porsche Cayman was released, I always considered it a lovely car. I don't think a rally version of this car is wrong in any sense. It is pretty cool seeing a rally-grade version of the Cayman with that article and these pictures. I hope people who rally this thing can find success with it.

It's the 981, not 718.
I think it is the 718.

Demo run for the Porsche Cayman GT4 Rallye on snow and ice

The Zuffenhausen sports car manufacturer is planning a return to rallying. For this, the motorsport department in Weissach is developing the Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport to comply with the FIA R-GT regulations. The vehicle should be ready to contest the 2020 season.
Link

With the release of the 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport just after the new year, they're already proving the 718 is just as flexible by revamping it for rally racing. The 425 horsepower, naturally-aspirated flat-six, sustainable body panels, and roll cage carry over from the Clubsport, but the rally version gets increased ride height, revised suspension settings, a roof scoop, and a wicked light pod on the hood. Designed to compete in the FIA's R-GT class, expect to see the 718 GT4 at events around the world like the Monte
Link

m19_0120_fine.jpg

While the concept carpictured above putting in its first public show on snow and ice in the Austrian mountains – is based on the old Cayman GT4, the one that’ll be in the hands of actual customers next year will be a rally-homologated version of the latest 718 GT4 Clubsport racecar.
Link

Back