Porsche is Coming to iRacing

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by L8 Apex, Dec 31, 2016.

1. L8 Apex

L8 Apex

2. skazz

skazz

I love the way they sent round emails as well, timed to arrive just after midnight 1 Jan 2017... Stuttgart time zone :)

L8 Apex likes this.
  3. drummermaniac

drummermaniac

Epic news :)

4. Punknoodle

Punknoodle

Porsche Cup field is going to be huge.

LMSCorvetteGT2 likes this.
  5. MadRR

MadRR

First Ferrari and now Porsche pretty awesome. There are some shots of the lmp1 in that video so hopefully that's a sign that it's coming a some point.

6. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

7. karelpipa

karelpipa

One wonder when/if Polys announces this. With their speed i guess it would be around 2020.

8. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

Ah, the good old domino effect since Porsche cut out the exclusive contract with Electronic Arts deal. I never played iRacing, but I believe Ruf was in the lineup of iRacing cars. This is going to be great for one of the most successful racing sims ever to get Porsche loving.

9. 2clickswest

2clickswest

Some part of me just doesn't want Gran Turismo Sport to feature these cars, I can't really say why.

boxster233 and queleuleu like this.
  10. queleuleu

queleuleu

End of an era?

11. PsuPepperoni

PsuPepperoni Premium

So we have Forza, AC, iRacing...

need GT, PCars and the rally games.

12. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Could it be because GTS hasn't shown any classic cars as of yet? All we've seen so far was just modern cars and fantasy ones that take place in the present.

Maybe that could be the reason? If so, your welcome.

13. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

Great news for iRacing players. I dont play that game myself... Porsche Vol. 3 for AC is all i need right now. But it is fantastic news that Porsche is finally set free in 2017. I think we have a good chance seeing Porsche in Forza 7, PCars2 and propably even GT Sport.

14. 2clickswest

2clickswest

@queleuleu, @TokoTurismo

Well, I'm not really sure. Maybe because I think Poly's ego and lack of understanding how to manage time properly makes me think they're at best, the last guys who should recieve this Porsche license.

TokoTurismo and IngRobNy like this.
  15. forzaturismo

forzaturismo

:mischievous: Any chance to see iRacing on console soon???? :)

LMSCorvetteGT2 and IngRobNy like this.
  16. IngRobNy

IngRobNy

Maybe because Polyphony Digital didn't have any serious competition on Playstation and could do wathever they wanted, now we have both Project Cars and Assetto Corsa on PS4, Gran Turismo Sport is not for me, since i only play singleplayer and next singleplayer Gran Turismo has to be as good as P.C and A.C before i consider buying it.

17. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

SMS have already said or that hinted that Porsche is coming to PCars the question is if it's this iteration or the next one. The only man on the outside looking in is PD at this point. There has been nothing said and though that doesn't mean it wont come, it's a bit sad that the leader (or once) of this genre is last to the game.

IngRobNy likes this.
  18. Kazuya720

Kazuya720

I am asking myself, if I will live long enough to read ever the true anouncement:

Offical! Gran Turismo (???) will have Porsche cars in their game.

PS: I am 38 years old :/

LMSCorvetteGT2 and IngRobNy like this.
  19. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

Im convident we will see Porsche in GTSport, but wouldnt be shocked if it aint gonna happen. Polyphony first needs to make sure that the Ferrari red is accurate and the Mclaren orange of course. Priorities.

20. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised to hear Porsche has arrived in GT Sport. But it won't be nearly as exciting for me as it is in other games, since GT Sport's severely limited focus on cars from 2009 or newer means a lot of the Porsche lineup will be off-limits, unless PD finally starts broadening the car list.

21. MadRR

MadRR

Nope. To many restrictions. Before Iracing they were papyrus (sp?) and were pc only. They've said before they have no interest in doing any console stuff. PC is so much better than console for racing sims there would be no need.

22. John_Marsten

John_Marsten

This is awesome news. First Assetto Corsa, now iRacing. This only bodes well for sim racing fans.

WELCOME TO THE GOOD RACING GAMES PORSCHE!!! We've been waiting for you. Please, take a seat, relax and enjoy your stay.......Oh, and don't worry about that kid chucking a tantrum in the corner, that's just EA wanting to join the party. We've obviously told them to take a nap for a while

IngRobNy likes this.
  23. Devilb0y

Devilb0y

The 911 thats coming this "month", it's not the same one that races in Blancplain is it?

24. Clark

Clark Premium

No it's a one make GT3 Cup car.

25. Devilb0y

Devilb0y

Any idea hownfar off the pace it'll be of a regular gt3 car?

26. smuffyatfcp

smuffyatfcp

It was about 12 - 20 seconds during VLN qualifying for the top teams.