Porsche Mission E Concept

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 146 comments
I doubt a production version could keep that silhouette. The rear seat would be basically useless. The shape is the concepts best aesthetic attribute, because the detailing isn't really nice. If it loses that shape, it's gonna be Panamera all over again.

The overall silhouette is different between the cars because of the Fiskers long snout, and the Porsches rear overhang, but I can see at least four similarities between the designs.

You've got to be kidding... perhaps you're not as in tune with car design as you think? I'm no expert but if it looks different it's different. Things that are the same most often look the same :)

On the main topic; I love it :D

I do actually like the Panamera a bit and I don't mind electric/hybrid power on sedans as much as sport cars. I'm sure this will be a good car, though I don't know if I'll ever be willing to spend much on something like this.

You've got to be kidding... perhaps you're not as in tune with car design as you think? I'm no expert but if it looks different it's different. Things that are the same most often look the same :)
No i'm not kidding...

To me it looks similar. I never did say it was the same, just similar. :)

Why do I have a feeling that they're just going to slap a petrol engine in it and call it the Panamera, and then make the electric one called Panamera E? That said, I do like the way it looks, and wish that they'd make the production one as close to that as it's possible without making the practicality nonexistent.

So it's going to be a Tesla that's actually luxurious?
And expensive. I wouldn't be surprised if the base model would end up approaching 120k/130k € tax free.

Not bad, not bad at all. Personally, I'd like this electric Porsche to be more like the 911 model. This concept is too long, stretched.

Not bad, not bad at all. Personally, I'd like this electric Porsche to be more like the 911 model. This concept is too long, stretched.
Considering it has an extra set of doors, it kinda needs to be stretched.

Why do I have a feeling that they're just going to slap a petrol engine in it and call it the Panamera, and then make the electric one called Panamera E? That said, I do like the way it looks, and wish that they'd make the production one as close to that as it's possible without making the practicality nonexistent.
My suspicion is that we'll see a Panamera with similar styling to this, the next-gen 911 with styling to this, and both will have both electric and internal combustion variants.

A few years ago after the Model S was launched, a colleague of mine said he'd been chatting to someone "high up in a German car firm" which said the Tesla's launch was going to result in direct action to compete. I now suspect that manufacturer was Porsche, given how conceptually similar the Mission E is to a Model S.

Car is a lot smaller than the pictures show.
gettyimages-488200404.jpg

That is stunning. Even allowing for the concept being toned down a bit there's plenty of room for the final version to look amazing.

Last edited:
Wasn't there rumours about a smaller sedan below the Panamera coming by 2019? Maybe the Mission E is a very, very early sneak peak of the technology for an electric version of said smaller sedan?

Not sure where the Model S exactly sits size wise, but the Tesla is probably close to Panamera size.

Just my guess.

I really hope this is like a sneak peak into Porsches attempt to go for the D segment/compact executive.

I wonder if this concept will make it into production. I mean is this concept going to be the production version.

I wonder if this concept will make it into production. I mean is this concept going to be the production version.

Styling will likely be watered down but the technology should make it relatively unchanged.

I hope this new electric car will look more like a 911. Not the same but almost. :D

More likely it'll be a smaller Panamera that's been in the rumor mill for a while.

I know this is not the finished production car but what an ugly car is this. I'd gladly pay extra taxes to be able to drvie a proper 911 or even a current (new model) Panamera instead of this abomination. :D (no I really mean that).
The new Panamera is a gorgeous car.

Hopefully this Mission -E will become a much better looking car.
  • Front end is not that bad
  • Profile of the car is pretty good looking
  • But the back of this car is :yuck: (I know it is a mule and the production version wll be different but still if this is the styling of future Porsche, I'm done with Porsche, even the 911). :P

Surprise! The Mission E returns to Geneva, this time in crossover guise. Called the Cross Turismo, it previews a high riding variant of the upcoming all-electric Porsche series.
porsche-2638.jpg

porsche-2637.jpg

Back