Porsche Not in FM4 Confirmed (Originally Porsche may be in Forza 4. Check this out).

Microsoft Online Support isn't the same thing as Xbox live. Who deals with the licensing, Microsoft or Turn 10?

Microsoft Online Support isn't the same thing as Xbox live. Who deals with the licensing, Microsoft or Turn 10?
Since Microsoft is the publisher, it should be MS. Also, why should T10 do so if MS most likely already has a department that deals with legal issues?

Did EA not hold a Porsche license in the previous games? Money talks, and Microsoft can most likely pay for whatever they want.

EA has had the Porsche license since forever (NFS: Porsche Unleashed). So, for Porsche to not be in FM4, something would've had to change inbetween FM3 and FM4.

Essentially what I've been trying to say the whole time, nothing's really changed, so I can't figure out when there's been 18 pages of getting worked up when that's the case.

I actually think it's quite useful. It's better to have all the Porsche discussion in here (even if it is pointless, don't want to argue about that) than to have it brought up in other threads all the time.

Much like the FM vs. GT thread. It's bound to be brought up, so why not channel it into a single thread, at least?

McLaren
That may be so, but customer service does not deal with the developers. They deal with complaints & questions from the consumers about their Xbox or Live. Their job doesn't include e-mailing devs questions about their games.

That's why it looks like a generic e-mail. He doesn't look like he really knows any more than us.

Opinion noted.

Sounds kind of like a generic response, tbh & doesn't seem like "Prakash" really has any clue

Indeed. Prakash seems more interested in selling the new Windows Phone 7. I wonder if "Prakash" is a synonym for "Parakeet"? Could be an internal customer support joke. lol

We realize you're the one who sent it, so naturally there's some attachment to it, but let's be real.

You got a response from a guy who knows about as much as this forum.

I think we got your point and condescending comment McLaren.

Anyway, let's see what happens. I guess we will at least know by 10/11/11.

I think we got your point and condescending comment McLaren.
And we get it that you think you've given us some sort of "hope" to Porsche's inclusion. However, you're no better when you start replying with comments like the one above just because another member agreed with my opinion of that e-mail. You call me condescending, yet you're obviously not all that satisfied with the responses you've gotten towards your "finding".

Last edited:
And we get it that you think you've given us some sort of "evidence" to Porsche's inclusion.

None of us have stated my email is proof that Porsche is in. If you want to take it as that, that is fine. Most of us don't.

You call me condescending

Because you have been, and for no reason.

Last edited:
McLaren
And we get it that you think you've given us some sort of "hope" to Porsche's inclusion. However, you're no better when you start replying with comments like the one above just because another member agreed with my opinion of that e-mail. You call me condescending, yet you're obviously not all that satisfied with the responses you've gotten towards your "finding".

It was simply an effort to get an answer and I commend Bogie for going out of his way to try and get some info and relay it to us.

Porsche maybe in guys. Check this out. http://www.xboxlive.fr/news_affiche_16810.html

Translated to english,

"Microsoft Games has announced via a press release of Turn 10 a partnership with the American Le Mans Series , while our US franchouillard 24h of Le Mans.

This championship takes so much the same rules as it is in partnership with the Automobile Club de l'Ouest, organizers of the 24h of Le Mans. We thus find the Grand Touring class (LMGT LMGT 1 and 2) and prototypes (LMP 1 and LMP 2).

So that we will find in this fourth installment is a list of official channels including Sebring, Road Atlanta, Road America or Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca we are already familiar. This will also bring 26 new vehicles including the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR.

The game is still scheduled for 11 October."

wtf lol

believe.jpg

Sorry, got carried away :guilty:

I want to believe, but this one seems pretty far fetched. Hopefully, this is no mistake and I'll be drinking all night to celebrate :)

I don't see how it's far fetched. The assumption should be Porsche is in, not that it's not in. Add all the rumors, the leaks, including this latest one and we should be assuming Porsche's in.

Porsche maybe in guys. Check this out. http://www.xboxlive.fr/news_affiche_16810.html

Translated to english,

"Microsoft Games has announced via a press release of Turn 10 a partnership with the American Le Mans Series , while our US franchouillard 24h of Le Mans.

This championship takes so much the same rules as it is in partnership with the Automobile Club de l'Ouest, organizers of the 24h of Le Mans. We thus find the Grand Touring class (LMGT LMGT 1 and 2) and prototypes (LMP 1 and LMP 2).

So that we will find in this fourth installment is a list of official channels including Sebring, Road Atlanta, Road America or Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca we are already familiar. This will also bring 26 new vehicles including the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR.

The game is still scheduled for 11 October."
They ran this by BADNED, & he's not listing it as confirmation.

They ran this by BADNED, & he's not listing it as confirmation.

Maybe he can't confirm it. This might have been an accidental slip from the source, pending that whole T10/MS can't use the brand in any promo/advertizing material is true.

Maybe he can't confirm it. This might have been an accidental slip from the source, pending that whole T10/MS can't use the brand in any promo/advertizing material is true.
That wasn't his attitude towards it. In fact, he kind of just confirmed that the "Night Racing" discussion in the other thread was nothing, either.
Journalists tend to blow stuff out of proportion. Like Eurogamer recently, Dan says different times of day and they say, night racing confirmed. Seriously!

lol, they modeled quite a lot more Porsches in the past then they included in the games. Not speaking of other makes.

As much as I want Porsche to be in, I'll be celebrating once I'll get solid confirmation.

Edit : My belief is that Porsche will be in, but that is just wishful thinking. I don't want to get my hopes (or anyone else's) up. Right now, no Porsche have been sighted. And that is the only solid fact we have, right now.

I'm kind of surprised MS hasn't taken any actions to remove it. That's what they normally do with leaked information. Maybe it's not that serious, but breach of license contract is isn't it?

I think the article was just based on assumptions the more I think about it.

I'm the opposite HBK... due to T10/MS's obvious appreciation for the brand, and how they had it in their games, and how they used the brand as incentives quite a few times.. plus all these rumors/leaks.. I'm expecting Porsche to be in. That's my assumption, based on logic. If Porsche isn't in Forza 4, I'll still be buying it but I'll be more than vocal on my dissatisfaction of a racing sim, which had it before, not having one of the most winning-est brands in motorsports. I mean they announced ALMS and the GTC class is ALL Porsche 911 GT3 Cup cars. It's one of those

And we do have a 'siting'.. That yellow one with the aero package which is a 911 Turbo S model.

BADNED
Journalists tend to blow stuff out of proportion. Like Eurogamer recently, Dan says different times of day and they say, night racing confirmed. Seriously!

lol, they modeled quite a lot more Porsches in the past then they included in the games. Not speaking of other makes.

The site it came from looks to be an official xboxlive website. It looks pretty legit to me. I could be wrong though. Microsoft stating something on one of their sites isn't the same thing as Eurogamer stating it.

Latest Posts

Back