Porsche Not in FM4 Confirmed (Originally Porsche may be in Forza 4. Check this out).

Its not the french site for xboxlive?? Do you know by fact or is that an assumption?
It's a fact. It's just another fansite for the French. It wouldn't say "Copyright Xboxlive.fr" if it was an official site of Microsoft.

It's a fact. It's just another fansite for the French. It wouldn't say "Copyright Xboxlive.fr" if it was an official site of Microsoft.
Your right. I just found the official french site and it looks exactly like ours.

I'm the opposite HBK... due to T10/MS's obvious appreciation for the brand, and how they had it in their games, and how they used the brand as incentives quite a few times.. plus all these rumors/leaks.. I'm expecting Porsche to be in. That's my assumption, based on logic. If Porsche isn't in Forza 4, I'll still be buying it but I'll be more than vocal on my dissatisfaction of a racing sim, which had it before, not having one of the most winning-est brands in motorsports. I mean they announced ALMS and the GTC class is ALL Porsche 911 GT3 Cup cars. It's one of those

And we do have a 'siting'.. That yellow one with the aero package which is a 911 Turbo S model.
Actually, I think we're quite the same on that point. I also believe Porsche will be in, based on Turn10 history. Still, we don't have any solid proof that it will be in. And based on video game history (which, you will agree, is much substantial than Turn10's) it may very well be that Porsche is not in, since RUF is.

That video game history doesn't say much when a game exists having both RUF and Porsche. Only times you saw the flip was when PGR dropped Porsche for RUF, which happened at the same time Forza was launched including Porsche. GT never had Porsche. I'm not sure if there's any other racing game that did this flip or inclusion of one but not the other so you really only have PGR (with a reason since Forza included Porsche) and GT franchises.

Here is a really good theory by someone over on FM.net.

Drivefast2000
Hello. Sorry for my bad english.

I think Porsche is not in the game (but i'm hope it's really not)

Can explain my opinoin.

Every carmaker page in the new official carlist on FM official site - have unique id.

And let's just count them.

We have Nissan and Saleen. Somewhere between must be Porsche. But...

Nissan's id ends - ...812 and Saleen -... 826. 13 carmakers between them.

Noble 813. Opel 814, Oreca 815, Pagani 816, Panoz 817, Peugeot 818, Plymouth 819, Pontiac 820, Radical 821, Renault 822, Roisson 823, RUF 824, Saab 825.

There is no place for Porsche :( or some of this carmakers are out in FM4

And another interesting thing, Between Alfa and Aston two empty numbers. One is AMC, i think. But another... Alpine?

I tried a few other scenarios and his theory seems to work perfectly. This is bad news to Porsche fans.

BTW The 2 spots he talks about at the end. Alpine, I dont think so. Ariel Atom YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
As I feared.

Well, not much one can do. FM.net won't be a nice place to hang around when confirmation will come, though.

So, RUF in game = No Porsche in game

There goes all the claims that said such thing otherwise, and I still wonder why would someone take the licence for two cars, just to use roughly the same model(which is not the same as taking two cars and tag them as different).

Ariel is probably the void A one.

There goes all the claims that said such thing otherwise, and I still wonder why would someone take the licence for two cars, just to use roughly the same model(which is not the same as taking two cars and tag them as different).

RUF and Porsche exist in a game already so it's not 'RUF in game = no Porsche in game'. This has only been brought up at least half a dozen times already.. And your point about roughly same model is beyond wrong. Maybe for the models RUFs do that similarities clearly are there for Porsches but everything about them is different. I don't think you know much about Porsche though... RUF didn't even have it's 'first car' when the 917 won Le Mans, nor do they have any model that resembles the GT3 RSR. That's why I want Porsche, for all their own models, street and race, as well as all those historic classics from Porsche, not RUF. Porsche has the racing pedigree, not RUFs. And even with that said I still fully welcome the RUFs.

This isn't confirmation by any means because we don't know if Oreca will in fact be classified as the manufacturer for the FLM09. And seeing as new car makes were added to Forzas, even that's possible. I hope FM4 launches with Porsche already in. This ALMS sponsorship without the GTC class just wouldn't sit right with me.

Da-Bomber
This. Pretty sure it will be under chevy.

Otherwise, why the 🤬 wouldn't the C6R GT1 car be under Pratt & Miller, or the Realtime NSX be under Realtime Racing? They've always been under the greater manufacurer's banner in the past (chevy and acura respectivly), and I don't see that changing.

Otherwise, why the 🤬 wouldn't the C6R GT1 car be under Pratt & Miller, or the Realtime NSX be under Realtime Racing? They've always been under the greater manufacurer's banner in the past (chevy and acura respectivly), and I don't see that changing.

Not to mention the Aston Martin and Mazda Lola's are both under their respective manufacturer and not Lola despite being basically the same chassis.

I don't really get why one would assume Oreca would be it's own manufacturer. It wasn't that way in FM3, why would they change that now? :odd:
I mean, next people are gonna claim that the Mine's BNR34 isn't listed as a Nissan but as a Mine's.

And that would leave Porsche to take the 820, which I think is quite likely

Ariel is probably the void A one.

The partnership with the ALMS would make absolutely no sense, if Porsche would not be in the game.

Porsche and Ruf are very very different. Those are not 911 cars slightly tune, they have the base design, but the rest is completely different.

Oh, and when the thing about the none advertising with porsche is true, then we wont see Porsche anywhere on the Forza site, even when it is in. The offical site is also adverstisement, so dont go crazy about it.

It's a shame Porche licensing is so crappy (EA owns as already covered in thread). This is bad for gamers overall. Hell last race i just watched (Rolex Grand Am racing at watkins glen this sat), a Porche won that GT category. So um ya we all want to drive a Porche cause that's what we see on TV plus in real life all over the place. I've never seen a RUF in a race yet or in person but I do welcome a properly, fully modeled RUF. In gt5, RUFs are crude standard models :crazy:

But thats another topic (gt5 should have 1 RUF premium)

Anyway, was hoping u guys had some better evidence by now. Been awhile since ive checked this thread

Yeah seems like the evidence goes back and forth. One day we find evidence its in then a week later we find possible evidence saying its not. I dont think we are going to know for sure until the entire official car list is revealed.

Stupid NFS EA licencing.

Never mind.

STUPID PORSCHE for getting sold to EA and arcade titles rather then sims like FM and GT!!! Porsche, you suck big time....

I am a bit confused then. Shift2 has a great selection of Porches. Almost every single one I like, from the 914 all the way to the 918 Concept. Also Forza3 has Porches. So why the crazy license thing?

Is it renewed? How do they select them?

It is Por"s"che, we also dont say Schevrolet, Dotch or Pleimaus.

And as Bogie said, the IDs of the manufacturers might be screwed up afterall + they cant advertise Porsche on their homepage.

Stupid NFS EA licencing.

Never mind.

STUPID PORSCHE for getting sold to EA and arcade titles rather then sims like FM and GT!!! Porsche, you suck big time....

That's EA's M.O. Throw a ton of cash at something and problem solved. They did the same thing with the NFL. They saw NFL 2K as a serious threat and they went ahead and bought the license outright. NFL 2K5 was the best football game at the time and NFL 2K6 was only going to get better. What was EA's response, throw a 747 worth of money at the NFL and then proceed to come out with crap football game after crap football game killing NFL 2K. They tried to come out with a generic game which was actually better than what EA had out at the moment but it couldn't compete with a licensed product.

I am a bit confused then. Shift2 has a great selection of Porches. Almost every single one I like, from the 914 all the way to the 918 Concept. Also Forza3 has Porches. So why the crazy license thing?

Is it renewed? How do they select them?

I agree with you about S2U's selection of Porches. I just drove one last night (or rather tried to, guess I need to tune it). Just overall gorgeous cars and from what I see on TV in real life races, amazing machines that no game should have to go without. FM 3 also had a great selection. This is one of the advantages forza had over gt5 I would say.

That's EA's M.O. Throw a ton of cash at something and problem solved. They did the same thing with the NFL. They saw NFL 2K as a serious threat and they went ahead and bought the license outright. NFL 2K5 was the best football game at the time and NFL 2K6 was only going to get better. What was EA's response, throw a 747 worth of money at the NFL and then proceed to come out with crap football game after crap football game killing NFL 2K. They tried to come out with a generic game which was actually better than what EA had out at the moment but it couldn't compete with a licensed product.

True on the NFL part. But not sure how many people would not buy a good game just because there want a Porsche in it. Not only that but you can argue the other way around with the Ferrari license. I highly doubt EA was trying to crush the competition buy getting exclusive with Porsche.

I agree with you about S2U's selection of Porches. I just drove one last night (or rather tried to, guess I need to tune it). Just overall gorgeous cars and from what I see on TV in real life races, amazing machines that no game should have to go without. FM 3 also had a great selection. This is one of the advantages forza had over gt5 I would say.

One of the many IMO. I am a fan of them. But still how did T10 lose the license? Can someone break it down for me?

Latest Posts

Back