Porsche Not in FM4 Confirmed (Originally Porsche may be in Forza 4. Check this out).

Taken from the FM website forums. This looks like the closest thing I have seen.

Switzer Porsche 911 Turbo
tn_switzer_2-L.jpg

The wing on the Forza pic looks really odd. :odd: Does anyone have the link to the video that this photo was taken from? Id like to see if I could get a clearer look.

1) The air vents in the bumper are off (the car in the FM picture has two, the RUF three in the coloured part of the bumper).
2) The car in the picture seems to have a roof.

But, yeah, we shall see.

The porsche posted by evian has 3 vents as well, as stated above.
I think we just need to wait for proof, and not act like kids.

Taken from the FM website forums. This looks like the closest thing I have seen.

tn_switzer_2-L.jpg

No, the fm4 pic has red tail surrounding the reverse lens. You pic has red in the top but it's too thin. The spoiler looks different as well.

We know how Turn10 seems to be on the ball with brand new cars.

What about this?

2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Porsche-911-Turbo-S-Series-2011-Car-Back.jpg

2011-Porsche-Turbo-S-China-Edition-Rear-Angle-View.jpg

Last edited:
This basically confirms it. In the video the active aero raises the wing causing the shadow and there is literally a shadow on the wing on the track.
Porsche-997-911-TurboFacelift-2.jpg

This basically confirms it. In the video the active aero raises the wing causing the shadow and there is literally a shadow on the wing on the track.
Porsche-997-911-TurboFacelift-2.jpg

The wing on the Forza pic appears to be a bit wider than that one. It could be the angle though.

Not sure if this has been posted here yet.

http://drivinggamespro.com/featured/is-forza-motorsport-4-waving-goodbye-to-porsche/

"What’s notable here is the inclusion of RUF, the tuning manufacturer for Porsche that most developers utilise when they aren’t permitted to use the prestigious Porsche license. But we all know who to blame for that *cough* EA *cough.*

One possible explanation is that Microsoft’s sub-license with EA for Porsche has expired and EA didn’t want to reimburse it. Unfortunately for EA, Ferrari is also in a similar position with Microsoft, so it looks like it’s about to show. After all, Ferrari were suspiciously absent from Shift 2: Unleashed and Hot Pursuit, and was last seen in a seperate DLC pack for the original Need for Speed: Shift with Microsoft exclusivity binds for the 360.

And just to ride that point home, Microsoft are flaunting Ferrari as their cover car. It’s almost as if Microsoft said to EA; “Fine, if you’re going to be greedy and not share Porsche with us, then no Ferrari for you. And just to make that crystal clear to the consumer, we’re going to slap a 458 Italia on the cover to spite you.”

Of course, this is purely speculation as it could turn out that both Porsche and RUF feature in the game. This would be unlikely however, as no game before it has ever featured both manufacturers simultaneously."

Yeah, they must have either not known about that game or overlooked it. It is a pretty rare thing to find both on the same game though. I cant think of another one.

The wing on the Forza pic appears to be a bit wider than that one. It could be the angle though.

No it's the wing and the rear view mirror look connected which makes the wing look weird.

The microsoft not letting ea have ferrari is not true. EA can use the sub-license they got fro ms but it would only be on 360. This would cause a huge uproar like shift 1 so ea just won't use it or else everyone without a 360 would be pissed.

No it's the wing and the rear view mirror look connected which makes the wing look weird.

The microsoft not letting ea have ferrari is not true. EA can use the sub-license they got fro ms but it would only be on 360. This would cause a huge uproar like shift 1 so ea just won't use it or else everyone without a 360 would be pissed.

Wasn't there a game that actually caused this uproar? I think it was a DLC thing where the 360 was getting the Ferrari DLC and other consoles were getting something else. Matter of fact wasn't it one of the Need For Speed titles?

Da-Bomber

How I didn't notice that is unbelievable. That explains everything. I must be going blind.

Since Switzer isn't a manufacturer, just a tuner, this would only be posible if they had the Porsche license in the first place...

We know how Turn10 seems to be on the ball with brand new cars.

What about this?

2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Would fit the picture perfectly.

Could also be an aftermarket wing you can ad in the game.
I sincerly doubt they've used any modded cars in their presentations so far.

Honestly, I don't get why people are trying so hard to find a RUF that looks the part.
The only reason people believe that Porsche is out is because RUF is in, because GT did that 'swap'.

So, basically... "Porsche isn't in FM4 because Gran Turismo!" I mean, c'mon now, assuming that it was out in the first place because of that seemed like quite a stretch.

See, if T10 confirms a RUF that would fit that picture above, that's when I might consider getting 'worried' about this again.

Since Switzer isn't a manufacturer, just a tuner, this would only be posible if they had the Porsche license in the first place...

Would fit the picture perfectly.

I sincerly doubt they've used any modded cars in their presentations so far.

Honestly, I don't get why people are trying so hard to find a RUF that looks the part.
The only reason people believe that Porsche is out is because RUF is in, because GT did that 'swap'.

So, basically... "Porsche isn't in FM4 because Gran Turismo!" I mean, c'mon now, assuming that it was out in the first place because of that seemed like quite a stretch.

See, if T10 confirms a RUF that would fit that picture above, that's when I might consider getting 'worried' about this again.
Well GT never had the privilege of having Porsche so there was never a swap.(unless you count gt3) Porsche is in haters keep hating.

Well GT never had the privilege of having Porsche so there was never a swap.(unless you count gt3) Porsche is in haters keep hating.

Yeah, I should've said 'replacement', I guess. It's not just haters that are of the opinion it might not be in, though, I can assure you of that ;)

Doesn't make much of a difference... I mean, I paniced a bit at first as well, but, really, I see little reason to believe in these rumours...

RUF is as good as it gets for games which don't have EA's permission.

But it is kind of od to be driving a Fanatec wheel on sims, and not be inside a Porsche. While arcade legend NFS has then.

Well there's always NFS 5!
(the one with Porsche only).

Last edited:
Riiiight... So that's why FM1, FM2 and FM3 didn't have Porsche, right? :sly:

Oh wait, the whole licensing situation was the very same back then, and Forza still had Porsche.

EA has exclusive right with Porsche to feauture their cars.
So until that contract expires, don't even sweat it.
RUF is as good as it gets.

But it is kind of od to be driving a Fanatec wheel on sims, and not be inside a Porsche. While arcade legend NFS has then.

Well there's always NFS 5!
(the one with Porsche only).
The only thing you're more than likely correct on is the first sentence. Because of that contract, T10 can not advertise the game with Porsche.

T10 have also not commented on the manufacturer being in or not, which is a good sign because if they know something won't be in the game for sure, they'll let it be known. They did that with FM3 when folks asked about open-wheelers & weather.

Well Turn Ten can advertise Porsche with permission from EA as the past games have shown. Forza 1 had a Porsche in the first trailer, 2 had many screen shots released, and 3 had a Porsche advertised in the lCE and was presented at e3, and the hot holidays car pack video. So it's not like Turn 10 can't show any Porsche.

Sorry guys, I jumped the gun with my earlier comment.
I probably shouldn't even be here, as I've never played Forza.
I've edited it.

But since they have been in all games thus far, as you've said, I guess one could assume it will be in the next installment.

Well Turn Ten can advertise Porsche with permission from EA as the past games have shown. Forza 1 had a Porsche in the first trailer, 2 had many screen shots released, and 3 had a Porsche advertised in the lCE and was presented at e3, and the hot holidays car pack video. So it's not like Turn 10 can't show any Porsche.

It could be that with NFS: The run coming out shortly EA took the decision not to allow porsche to be used as in-game advertisement. Coincidentally, The one and only footage I bothered to watch of 'The Run' at E3 featured a Porsche. To me that sent a clear message.. "Porsche is in our game, and we are willing to flaunt that fact to our advantage"

O.K I was about to force myself to find a time stamp, but the lol thing is.. a Porsche is in the first 3 seconds of the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQbm18oLbt4 EA are playing games as stupid as the ones they are producing IMHO. They could have used any other make of car for the 10 second intro, but it had to be a Porsche. lol

Forza 3 wasn't allowed to advertise Porsche. The ICE was allowed to be released, but the photo of the GT3 RS wasn't actually supposed to.

Not sure what the Hot Holidays has to do with anything. It wasn't announced until after Forza 3's release.

How proud Porsche must be to see their cars in NFS The Run. Not.

I guess they'll be proud of two things:
First, the money they receive from EA.
Second, their cars being shown to lots and lots of people, and then a few more :lol:

It kinda makes you wonder, though, did EA get some lifetime deal with Porsche? Or are they constantly renewing their license? I'd assume the Porsche license would really be worth a lot of money to quite a few companies.

Back