Porsche Not in FM4 Confirmed (Originally Porsche may be in Forza 4. Check this out).

^And then would come the riots.

And I don't mean it'd be an internet flame war the likes of which EA has never seen, I mean all out riots.:mischievous:

MintBerryCrunch
^And then would come the riots.

And I don't mean it'd be an internet flame war the likes of which EA has never seen, I mean all out riots.:mischievous:

I'd be part of that riot even though I never have and most likely never will own a 360.

I'd be part of that riot even though I never have and most likely never will own a 360.

I´m actually not that huge a fan of Porsche, but I´d join the riot aswell! And I don´t even play online, mind you...

Anybody know how long that exclusive EA license is for? Think I read somewhere that it´s due date soon. Do you think Porsche will tie the knot with someone else or keep it for themselves? IE any one developer with the right amount of cash can license Porsche in their game(s)?

I for one am not to concerned with porche going. They have already stated that they will be having RUF in the game anyway. And RUF make there own version of just about every porche now anyway and have been doing so since the release of the yellowbird. I had a look into the history of ruf and the cars that they have produced and I think the porche fans will be satisfied.

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one am not to concerned with porche going. They have already stated that they will be having RUF in the game anyway. And RUF make there own version of just about every porche now anyway and have been doing so since the release of the yellowbird. I had a look into the history of ruf and the cars that they have produced and I think the porche fans will be satisfied.

And I wouldnt be suprised if with some costumization you could turn a normal RUF into a race spec Porsche...

Last edited by a moderator:
And I wouldnt be suprised if with some costumization you could turn a normal RUF into a race spec Porsche...

If this is true then I'm ok. But it's a big IF. I need a LeMans-type Ruf equivalent to the Flying Lizard

RUF are in no way comparable to Porsche. Where's RUF's GT3 RS? Sport Classic? Speedster? Icons in their own right and not overwrought, overpowered vehicles for show-offs. Wow, well done for making 600+ bhp 911s. Presumably Porsche don't make one for a reason.

RUF are in no way comparable to Porsche. Where's RUF's GT3 RS? Sport Classic? Speedster? Icons in their own right and not overwrought, overpowered vehicles for show-offs. Wow, well done for making 600+ bhp 911s. Presumably Porsche don't make one for a reason.

I agree, There's no racing pedigree, well only what RUF have inherited by using cars of roughly the same shape. And also if you are going to over-power a car at least do it properly, in that sense the 9ff's are much more preferable IMHO. I'll take this over any RUF ever made (Paintwork included)

DSC00561.jpg

Anything RUF does or can do, the 'backstreet' tuners can do or can do better, because RUF is nothing but a backstreet tuner (albeit with a manufacturers license) themselves. I'm sure PD and T10 know this, but RUF is the only option available to them. Darn you EA

Stupid NFS EA licencing.

Never mind.

STUPID PORSCHE for getting sold to EA and arcade titles rather then sims like FM and GT!!! Porsche, you suck big time....

Idk if this has been said already, but EA can't do jack crap about this; it's VW's decision, and if EA bitches about it, that's all they can do.if VW says yes, Porsche is in, and EA will have to deal with it.

Feral Pigeon
Idk if this has been said already, but EA can't do jack crap about this; it's VW's decision, and if EA bitches about it, that's all they can do.if VW says yes, Porsche is in, and EA will have to deal with it.

EA have paid for exclusivity. I'm pretty sure they could do a bit more than bitch about it.

Forza even had people who work internally at Porsche trying to fight there cause to no avail.

Volkswagen AG has zero control over Porsche's licensing.

I agree, There's no racing pedigree, well only what RUF have inherited by using cars of roughly the same shape. And also if you are going to over-power a car at least do it properly, in that sense the 9ff's are much more preferable IMHO. I'll take this over any RUF ever made (Paintwork included)

Anything RUF does or can do, the 'backstreet' tuners can do or can do better, because RUF is nothing but a backstreet tuner (albeit with a manufacturers license) themselves. I'm sure PD and T10 know this, but RUF is the only option available to them. Darn you EA

Except they're not a "backstreet" tuner. If you're going to criticize something then at least know what you're talking about.

Except they're not a "backstreet" tuner. If you're going to criticize something then at least know what you're talking about.

And with some ingame costumization we might even do a RUF race car (porsche spec race car) maybe even better (gotta be optimistic :D)

I have a feeling that Turn 10 will allow us to Porschefy our RUF's, at least I hope so.

Anyway, I don't get why some people have so much hate over RUF. They make good cars, and one would say they're one of the only car Manufactures out there that deliver the raw driving expierience straight out of the box. Sure they're not Porsche, sure they don't have a racing pedigree, but does that warrant disrespect? It's like saying you hate Koenigsegg for them not being Bugatti. Besides that saying they're just a backstreet tuner is kind of childish don't you think? Have you actually ever been inside a RUF before? Have you seen a collection of there cars in front of you? I can tell you that the cars are way more than just tuners. The only thing the cars share with Porsches is the chassis. Everything else is done by RUF. The body is specially designed to give more aerodynamics, the engine is designed for more power, and the interior is gutted to the seats and steering wheel. That's a lot more than any "backstreet tuner" can do with a car.

I have a feeling that Turn 10 will allow us to Porschefy our RUF's, at least I hope so.

Anyway, I don't get why some people have so much hate over RUF. They make good cars, and one would say they're one of the only car Manufactures out there that deliver the raw driving expierience straight out of the box. Sure they're not Porsche, sure they don't have a racing pedigree, but does that warrant disrespect? It's like saying you hate Koenigsegg for them not being Bugatti. Besides that saying they're just a backstreet tuner is kind of childish don't you think? Have you actually ever been inside a RUF before? Have you seen a collection of there cars in front of you? I can tell you that the cars are way more than just tuners. The only thing the cars share with Porsches is the chassis. Everything else is done by RUF. The body is specially designed to give more aerodynamics, the engine is designed for more power, and the interior is gutted to the seats and steering wheel. That's a lot more than any "backstreet tuner" can do with a car.

I don't think it's a case of Ruf hatred , at least for me, as it's an icon and option now gone from ALMS racing. If the Ruf can somehow be modified to simulate a Porsche then I think the backlash will be small but that remains to be seen.

RUFs are good. They're just not Porsches, no matter how hard some developers try to fool ourselves.

HBK
RUFs are good. They're just not Porsches, no matter how hard some developers try to fool ourselves.

I don't think the developers are trying to fool anyone. It isn't like they are calling them PrORSCufHE or Poarche or anything. They're just giving us another option when one was taken away. A Ruf may not be a Porsche but it's closer than a Chevy Volt.

You can't deny RUF are still "Porsche replacement" most of the time in video games. I really doubt we would have seen RUF in so many video games if Porsche licensing wasn't such a mess.

HBK
You can't deny RUF are still "Porsche replacement" most of the time in video games. I really doubt we would have seen RUF in so many video games if Porsche licensing wasn't such a mess.

Ok, they can't get the Porsche license. That's NOT an option. You suggest they don't put in Ruf. So what do you suggest they do?

Nice, care to provide some insight to that comment? exactly what differentiates them from the backstreets? The fact they built a V8 engine? Anybody can have that done. When they stop leeching off Porsche and start making complete bodyshells (from scratch) and engine packages in-house, that is when they become a manufacturer in my eyes, I don't care what the German government says. I look at the model line up and I see nothing but modified Porsches

The CTR3 is a hideous creation and the perfect example of what happens when you let RUF of the leash, seems they couldn't even afford to develop the front end so they just borrowed one from a GT3 RS.

Last edited:
So it's a "backstreet" tuner 'because you say so'?

Got it.

EDIT: And I'd like to add "because I say so" is a very strong point, you should use that more often.

Nothing they do hasn't been done by backstreet tuners, with possibly the exception of the CTR3. And even then you can argue Hennessy does the same thing with the Venom GT. I'm not sure anybody regards them as a manufacturer, not even Hennessy himself. One thing was missing from my OP was the letters "IMO".

I must say the purple hue really makes your sarcasm stand out on a night like this. ♥

Nice, care to provide some insight to that comment? exactly what differentiates them from the backstreets? The fact they built a V8 engine? Anybody can have that done. When they stop leeching off Porsche and start making complete bodyshells (from scratch) and engine packages in-house, that is when they become a manufacturer in my eyes, I don't care what the German government says. I look at the model line up and I see nothing but modified Porsches

The CTR3 is a hideous creation and the perfect example of what happens when you let RUF of the leash, seems they couldn't even afford to develop the front end so they just borrowed one from a GT3 RS.

I don't think you understand. RUF makes their own engine, something most Backstreet tuners can't do. They make their own body shell too. The only reason it looks like a Porsche is because the Chassis dictates the shape to be like that.

By your logic the Tesla Roadster is just an Evora, and Tesla isn't an actual Manufacturer, just a "backstreet tuner."

When they stop leeching off Porsche and start making complete bodyshells (from scratch) and engine packages in-house, that is when they become a manufacturer in my eyes...The CTR3 is a hideous creation and the perfect example of what happens when you let RUF of the leash, seems they couldn't even afford to develop the front end so they just borrowed one from a GT3 RS.

How's that contradiction working out for you?

I don't care what the German government says. I look at the model line up and I see nothing but modified Porsches

I bet you thought this was an ingenious response when you wrote it up, didn't you? What do you think 9ff's are, complete and utterly original works of imagination? Ruf vehicles may be made from unmarked chassis' but all of the underlying work from thereon out is completely their own. 9ff's, on the other hand, are nothing but tuned Porsche's with the occasional body kit.

Furthermore, you must also consider Maserati to be a "backstreet tuner" when they "created" the MC12. What with it using the same chassis, engine, and gearbox as the Enzo. Fisker must also be a "backstreet tuner" (coachbuilder or not), as are Tesla, Catherham (even though they own the rights to the Super 7, but what does that mean?), the Hennessey Venom GT (regardless of how shoddy his works actually are), and every Koenigsegg leading up to the Agera, since they used or were based off of Ford's Modular V8's.

Last edited:
How's that contradiction working out for you?
How is it a contradiction? The front half of the car is 100% Porsche, Therefore it isn't 100% Ruf design

I bet you thought this was an ingenious response when you wrote it up, didn't you? What do you think 9ff's are, complete and utterly original works of imagination?

Where did I claim 9ff's were?

Maserati were under ownership of Ferrari at the time of the MC12, so I must be missing the point there. Tech sharing inter-company is nothing new these days, ask VW/Audi/Skoda. Everybody else you mention pretty much have started building 100% in house chassis and engines.

Fisher Karma
Tesla model S
And Caterham have carried on where Mr Chapman left off, selling Kit cars (In a box, or assembled for a fee).

As I said this is My Opinion, the German government says different, and they are the law.

I don't think you understand. RUF makes their own engine, something most Backstreet tuners can't do.

Anybody can commission companies like Hartley to produce engines, Ariel is just another example of a bunch of blokes in a shed too, I guess anybody can become a manufacturer after some paperwork

By your logic the Tesla Roadster is just an Evora, and Tesla isn't an actual Manufacturer, just a "backstreet tuner."

Yeah, got it in one. As written above, my definition isn't the law.

Last edited:
How is it a contradiction?

If you don't see it, I'm sure as hell not going to bother pointing it out to you.

The front half of the car is 100% Porsche, Therefore it isn't 100% Ruf design

Except it isn't. The entire body of the CTR3 is completely in house. Again, if you don't know what you're talking about don't bother posting, it just makes you look like an idiot.

Maserati were under ownership of Ferrari at the time of the MC12, so I must be missing the point there. Tech sharing inter-company is nothing new these days, ask VW/Audi/Skoda. Everybody else you mention pretty much have started building 100% in house chassis and engines.

Fisher Karma
Tesla model S
And Caterham have carried on where Mr Chapman left off, selling Kit cars (In a box, or assembled for a fee).

As I said this is My Opinion, the German government says different, any they are the law.

Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant because it's wrong. They're not a tuner, a coachbuilder, or any variation thereof -- they're a bona fide manufacturer. End of story.

As for my comparisons I basically presented you with the same nonsense you've presented.

Back