Porsche Not in FM4 Confirmed (Originally Porsche may be in Forza 4. Check this out).

Anybody can commission companies like Hartley to produce engines, Ariel is just another example of a bunch of blokes in a shed too, I guess anybody can become a manufacturer after some paperwork
They don't commission anyone to build their engines. What crispy didn't touch on is that they completely strip Porsche engines down & rebuild them to their own specs. In general, that may seem to be what a typical tuner does, but the process is extremely in-depth & isn't something done in the time frame a usual tuner will do; they will do numerous tests to make sure the engine produces what they want. At that point, it's not much of the Porsche engine it started life as.

Ok, they can't get the Porsche license. That's NOT an option. You suggest they don't put in Ruf. So what do you suggest they do?
I don't suggest anything. Actually, I think Turn10 handled this quite well. So far we'll get 3 RUF in FM4, which is I think a number corresponding to what RUF is in real life, a manufacturer which makes great cars, but few of them.

I would have been *very* vocal if FM4 was to include 35 RUF cars. And that's what I mean when talking about "replacement". Turn10 has been very clear on all fronts that RUF is an "addition" and not a "replacement". The same cannot be said about other game developers.

I don't hate RUF per se, but as with any secondary manufacturer, their designs to me lack that 'factory' crafted look. Why design a front bumper that keeps Porsche's design cues but with bigger intakes or LED lights? Why in fact have a 911 front-end at all? Surely they could come up with their own designs? The Dakara Cayenne is a prime example of poor design choices and looks little better than a Mansory creation, which are rightly mocked.

There's just nothing there which isn't a Porsche with more of everything, whereas the very best Porsches have been the 911 with less weight, less compromises. A purer experience than just bald figures or styling.

Except it isn't. The entire body of the CTR3 is completely in house. Again, if you don't know what you're talking about don't bother posting, it just makes you look like an idiot.

Really? Completely in house? I should have known better than to argue with a GTP veteran.

The CTR3 began as a completely pure, clean-sheet design called the R50, and two prototypes were built. But the sheer effort and number of man hours required to push through to production ultimately proved too much and the car was re-engineered around the front platform of a 911 GT3 RS. From the A-pillars back, though, it’s all Ruf and quite amazing.

Source

They don't commission anyone to build their engines. What crispy didn't touch on is that they completely strip Porsche engines down & rebuild them to their own specs. In general, that may seem to be what a typical tuner does, but the process is extremely in-depth & isn't something done in the time frame a usual tuner will do; they will do numerous tests to make sure the engine produces what they want. At that point, it's not much of the Porsche engine it started life as.

I can appreciate that McLaren, but I'm sure 9ff went to the same lengths to produce the GT1200, with more impressive results IMO. Pretty sure those engines aren't put together in 10minutes. I can't be sure, but I have no reason to believe Ruf have been more meticulous either. Good R&D is good R&D.

Last edited:
I stand corrected then. Still doesn't change the fact you're quite misinformed about everything thing else though.

How can I be misinformed on my own opinion on whether I view them as a true manufacturer on not? It's like me being misinformed on whether I like frosties or not.

I can appreciate that McLaren, but I'm sure 9ff went to the same lengths to produce the GT1200, with more impressive results IMO. Pretty sure those engines aren't put together in 10minutes. I can't be sure, but I have no reason to believe Ruf have been more meticulous either. Good R&D is good R&D.
I would hope so, but that's just 1 of only 2 cars 9ff has ever built that could quite possibly qualify themselves as a manufacturer. The rest of the cars 9ff introduces have all been modified 911s that only showcase the available products. When you look at cars such as the Speed-9 by them, you can see all their performance mods added in are your standard power adders.

Ruf goes much further than they do with their own cars. It is not just a case of slapping on an exhaust, tune, turbocharger, intercooler, & calling it done. As said, the blocks are stripped down for Ruf start from & they go from there.

How can I be misinformed on my own opinion on whether I view them as a true manufacturer on not? It's like me being misinformed on whether I like frosties or not.

A preference and an ill-suited opinion are two different things. You can go around thinking Ruf isn't a manufacturer all you want.

Actually not. It´s more like you disagreeingg that Frosties is a cereal, because it´s corn-flakes with frosting on top..

Couldn´t they include Dauer? At lest we could get the Dauer 962, both road and GT1...

Anybody can commission companies like Hartley to produce engines, Ariel is just another example of a bunch of blokes in a shed too, I guess anybody can become a manufacturer after some paperwork

Except that RUF makes their own engine. They don't commission another manufacturer to make if for them.

Yeah, got it in one. As written above, my definition isn't the law.

Which is why RUF is a manufacturer. They deserve to be, and they will always be.

I don't hate RUF per se, but as with any secondary manufacturer, their designs to me lack that 'factory' crafted look. Why design a front bumper that keeps Porsche's design cues but with bigger intakes or LED lights? Why in fact have a 911 front-end at all? Surely they could come up with their own designs? The Dakara Cayenne is a prime example of poor design choices and looks little better than a Mansory creation, which are rightly mocked.

I'd imagine it's the fact that the Porsche Chassis is shaped like a 911. I'll see if I can find the picture, but it showcases all the new parts that go into a RUF, and the Chassis is almost an outline of a Porsche.

b17270fc1774.jpg

Everything else not on the chassis is completely redesigned by RUF. I don't know how different it is on current Porsches as I don't have one with me. :( :lol:

Last edited:
Even if T10 tweak out some RUFs to 'model' Porsches, I still want Porsche. RUF has not touched the vast majority of Porsches. RUF has never touched any of the race bred Porsches. RUF has never touched the classic Porsches. I can go on but it's one of those..

With that said, I fully welcome RUF to the stable

So Vauxall is just another backstreet tunner or maybe they dont even qualify for that... just another copy cat?
Err, Vauxhall is just the UK name for Opel, basically. Most Vauxhall cars are just re-branded Opel cars (and it works that way and not the other way around as Opel cars are mostly designed in Germany).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vauxhall_Motors

Edit : I've always wondered why we get so many Vauxhall and so few Opel in Forza, by the way.

Edit 2 : Of course, Vauxhall wasn't always a GM subsidiary producing re-branded Opel cars, but it is for quite some time now.

Last edited:
Vauxhall had a lot of originals back in the day... and not only in England... here in Portugal too, but I was only trying to make a point... of course Vauxhall is a manufacturer.

I'm definitely sensing some tension between T10 and EA. As soon as T10 announced they had no Porsche they went on to announce a bunch of Ferrari's as if to throw it in EA's face and now EA responds by announcing a Porsche.

I'm definitely sensing some tension between T10 and EA. As soon as T10 announced they had no Porsche they went on to announce a bunch of Ferrari's as if to throw it in EA's face and now EA responds by announcing a Porsche.

I find it entertaining.

The '12 Carrera S was technically announced back in August, to be perfectly honest alongside the Aventador & Camaro ZL1.

I am on the totally opposite side, I couldnt care less if Ferarri was in a game or not. lol. Different strokes.
👍

I'm the same. But, there are some brands that are more important to me than both Ferrari and Porsche.

👍

I'm the same. But, there are some brands that are more important to me than both Ferrari and Porsche.

I'll always have some soft spot for Porsche in Forza. It's really the car that the "Ah HA" moment went down with me. When , with help from my online group, that I finally "got it". When instead of driving around thinking I'm doing everything right and still getting lapped , consistently, to I started actually being competitive. It was that Flying Lizard that got me over. Although I have to say I changed that livery every opportunity I could cause that sucker was butt ugly too me but the car was it for me. Me and a friend just going for it on the track.

👍

I am the same as you. The reaction that some people are having to Porsche not being in the game is the same reaction I would have if Chevrolet were not in the game.

Back