Porsche Not in FM4 Confirmed (Originally Porsche may be in Forza 4. Check this out).

-Why Ferrari Challenge is not avaible in 360? i heard it was a licensing issue, could be Microsfot blocking the Ferrari license to the games that feel as competition for Forza?

This is correct.

Microsoft wouldn't grant System 3 the use of the Ferrari license on Xbox 360, this is why all three of their racing games did not see a release. No third party racing sim-type game will ever feature Ferraris out of the box on Xbox/PC whilst Microsoft have the exclusive rights.

EA and Microsoft had a spat over Ferrari/Shift 2 which resulted in no Porsche for Forza 4, maybe they can sort something out and nail the fans with some overpriced DLC car pack in the future? But Porsche will not be on the Forza 4 disk at launch.

EA and Microsoft had a spat over Ferrari/Shift 2 which resulted in no Porsche for Forza 4, maybe they can sort something out and nail the fans with some overpriced DLC car pack in the future? But Porsche will not be on the Forza 4 disk at launch.

Interesting. Where did you see/read this?

Bogie 19th
Interesting. Where did you see/read this?

Reading the members posts he was guessing at this on the 16th July.

It seems he has had it confirmed since then but has forgotten to show his source.

This is correct.

Microsoft wouldn't grant System 3 the use of the Ferrari license on Xbox 360, this is why all three of their racing games did not see a release. No third party racing sim-type game will ever feature Ferraris out of the box on Xbox/PC whilst Microsoft have the exclusive rights.

You have absolutely no proof for any of that as TDU2 is third party and has Ferrari. So another comment without any thing to back it, and don't forget Microsoft was willing to give the Ferrari License to shift 1 but it was only on 360. This caused anger to many non 360 owners who didn't have Ferrari on their system and that caused EA not to use the Ferrari license again. There's also a picture of a "PORSCHE" in the newest trailer already unless someone can tell me that there's another car that looks exactly like a Turbo s.

This is correct.

Grid (Codemasters) has Ferrari's as DLC cars. Not out the gate but they are there.
F1 2010 (and soon 2011, Codemasters) have Ferrari F1 cars. Granted, F1 but they are still Ferraris.
Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2 (Atari) have Ferraris.

Racing sim type of games are already limited in quantity on consoles so if a RacePro doesn't have a Ferrari car (granted, game is very limited in car count to begin with), that's not saying it's MS's Ferrari license dealings with 3rd party devs not having the brand for 360 games at all.

There is no proof that Porsche is or is not in Forza 4. If we are to make an assumption... we'd assume that Porsche IS in Forza 4. You just need to see my own reasons in my previous posts all with T10/MS growing the brand count in the Forza titles and how much the brand was used as incentives, from DLC to LCE/VIP to even T10 gifting the fastest Porsche to everyone during the holidays.

Reading the members posts he was guessing at this on the 16th July.

It seems he has had it confirmed since then but has forgotten to show his source.

Well, I am sure there would be a crap load of websites and media outlets that would like that info!

Da-Bomber

Hmm, I know he is usually a reliable source but I just find it a bit strange everyone has been wondering about it even on his site and he waited until yesterday to confirm it and the way he said it was it was always confirmed so why not answer that question a long time ago. I still want confirmation from T10 before I can confidently say Porsche is in.

Hmm, I know he is usually a reliable source but I just find it a bit strange everyone has been wondering about it even on his site and he waited until yesterday to confirm it and the way he said it was it was always confirmed so why not answer that question a long time ago. I still want confirmation from T10 before I can confidently say Porsche is in.

SO...who is BADNED? Why is he reliable? Never heard of him.
Can someone enlighten me?

He didn't actually confirm it. Notice how he took the guy's spelling of confirmed as "conifirmed" & then added the :odd: smiley.

BADNED never really confirms anything flat out. You just kind of have to figure out his clues b/c he's more than likely bound by a contract to not reveal certain things.
SO...who is BADNED? Why is he reliable? Never heard of him.
Can someone enlighten me?
BADNED has a large connection within' the video game industry & has been very reliable in the past with info surround racing games (& some automobiles). From my time spent observing his posts over the last few years, 9/10 times, he will give hints/clues as to what might be confirmed in a game. I can only assume that he is the equivalent of our own amar, & may be bound from actually providing information about a game as a fact.

Thus, he is usually pretty careful to never fully confirm something unless he's positive & will add a ;).

Most people here wouldn't believe him, but for those of us on FC that have followed him through past Forzas, we know he does his best to let us in on what Forza (or other games) might have in store.

Isn't Badned the guy who also called all/most of the DLC cars that were to come to Forza, who was right in the end? I'm not sure, but if he is, he sure knows a thing or two about what's going on, yeah.

I wouldn't take that as confirmation, though, doesn't seem like that was what he wanted to say, I think.

Although not officially confirme I will take it as more confidence that porsche is in. Will still wait for t10 but today is a good day

Da-Bomber
While saying porsches are always confirmed.

Actually he said they are always conifirmed not confirmed. Conifirmed means nothing. I think like the other guys are saying, its a joke.

Maybe by Gamescon this whole topic of speculation can be put to bed.
Dan didnt say you can import cars and liveries from FM3 but oh not Porsche.

If we have no real reason to assume anything has changed why do some seem intent on insisting their is a situation?

I hope Porsche is in the game but I really only have one Porsche car I loved as a child and because of a Tamiya 1:12 scale RC car that I thought was amazing as a teenage boy.

This one (own paint job)
ZkkYa.jpg

Last edited:
Silliest argument ever. Nine pages of a thread for a brand of cars that has been in all the other games? Of course it's going to be there.

No confirmation yet, but if an assumption is made it should be that Porsche IS in FM4 based on the facts, the history, and T10's clear appreciation for the brand.

I'm sure T10/MS are having fun holding out on this info. They have said at E3 they've got loads more still to announce. We still have Gamescon in Germany which should be a big reveal, and being that Porsche is German... it'd be the best place to announce the brand. There's 1 other big show later this year before launch but I don't recall the name of it.

TGS - Tokyo Game Show. Probably the least important to T10.

That's the one. Might be least important but I'm sure they'll want to make a splash. Gamescon for me is the big one. I think Fanatec might be announcing stuff too as they are a German based company as well.

I think Gamescom will be big, too... The reason I'm not expecting much from TGS is because that'll be relatively close to Gamescom and release. Coupled with the fact that the Japanese audience is probably favouring GT anyways, I can't see them doing much there.

Then again, I wouldn't mind if T10 gave us the bulk of the info on the game at Gamescom ;)

That spoiler is from the official Porsche Tequipment range, so could easily have been added in the upgrades section and sneaked into the video we've seen.

Back