Porsche Not in FM4 Confirmed (Originally Porsche may be in Forza 4. Check this out).

The reason I'm not expecting much from TGS is because that'll be relatively close to Gamescom and release. Coupled with the fact that the Japanese audience is probably favouring GT anyways, I can't see them doing much there.
There are suspicions of Turn10 skipping Gamescom actually (i.e. only going there with E3 demo). And yes, it would make sense to try to impress the Japanese audience. Forza 4 will already be a hit in the US and will sell very well in Europe. Oh well, time will tell.

HBK
There are suspicions of Turn10 skipping Gamescom actually (i.e. only going there with E3 demo). And yes, it would make sense to try to impress the Japanese audience. Forza 4 will already be a hit in the US and will sell very well in Europe. Oh well, time will tell.

In 2009 they also just had the E3 build, but many gaming stations with race seats and 3 fanatec stations. I believe that this year will be the same.

Europe is already a strong customer pool for FM and we havent to be convinced to buy it. On Amazon.de (Germany), FM4 was no. 1 of the bestseller of the games section when they started to take preorders.

Japan/Asia is an important market, because there is the biggest potential of growth. The problem is that they dont buy these western games really. The FM community over there is pretty small, but maybe Turn10 can bring something awesome for them.

HBK

What or who's suspicions?

Europe is easily the biggest market something T10 will be aware of and just compare GT5 sales for the various regions. It doesn't really matter what "Demo" they have on show what matters is more details of the game will be revealed. The game is going to be a much bigger success than FM3 (imo) and it will gain lots of interest from its "Top Gear" collaboration and content.

Microsoft are more than likely going to push FM4 heavily no matter where they are promoting it and that includes Japan.

Id expect some more surprises!!!

Last edited:
Suspicions of people following Turn10 for more than half a decade now maybe ?

It is actually unlikely that Turn10 has a big surprise in store for us. Sure there may be some nice announcements to be made. But it is VERY UNLIKELY they will announce either night racing, weather, or even rally, at Gamescom or TGS. If such a feature was there, it would have been shown in the E3 trailer.

What we can expect is nice little features like interior/dashboard customization, ability to paint rims/headlights/windows, a revamped PI system, a new storefront, enhanced leaderboards filters, things like that.

I very highly doubt that there is any "big thing" left to announce.

Actually, I think the biggest announcement that is still to be made is whether or not Porsche is in. Otherwise we all know pretty much now what will be in the game (which is helluva lot of stuff).

I'm not saying there won't be any surprises. I'm just saying those are most likely going to be along the lines of having open wheel cars such as the Ariel Atom than along the lines of having real time weather and dynamic time of day. But hey, maybe I'm wrong :)

HBK
Suspicions of people following Turn10 for more than half a decade now maybe ?

It is actually unlikely that Turn10 has a big surprise in store for us. Sure there may be some nice announcements to be made. But it is VERY UNLIKELY they will announce either night racing, weather, or even rally, at Gamescom or TGS. If such a feature was there, it would have been shown in the E3 trailer.

What we can expect is nice little features like interior/dashboard customization, ability to paint rims/headlights/windows, a revamped PI system, a new storefront, enhanced leaderboards filters, things like that.

I very highly doubt that there is any "big thing" left to announce.

Actually, I think the biggest announcement that is still to be made is whether or not Porsche is in. Otherwise we all know pretty much now what will be in the game (which is helluva lot of stuff).

Well your wrong, errr (maybe) :)
If anything the biggest amount of publicity and promoting of games usually happens within the last 6-4 weeks prior to launch does it not?

Last edited:
If anything go by the E3 360 Press Event and how MS promoted Forza 3, then there will be little publicity and promotion for Forza 4.
I'm actually amazed MS funds such a project given the way they promote it (which is really ridiculous for a game of this scope and most of all, budget).

Not that I'm complaining, Forza 3 is awesome, and Forza 4 will hopefully be :)
I'm just trying to add some context.

About Porsche, I would say it is a strong possibility it being in the game. However maybe they are having difficulties with EA as they maybe reluctant to give access to a competing product as Shift 2 sales look to be very poor at the moment.

HBK
If anything go by the E3 360 Press Event and how MS promoted Forza 3, then there will be little publicity and promotion for Forza 4.
I'm actually amazed MS funds such a project given the way they promote it (which is really ridiculous for a game of this scope and most of all, budget).

Not that I'm complaining, Forza 3 is awesome, and Forza 4 will hopefully be :)
I'm just trying to add some context.

What are you talking about?
They released plenty of information and had a HUGE presence at E3 show floor and behind doors.
Also released a new website..
Spent a bomb on "Under the Stars" event.
Did several video interviews and editorials with the gaming press.
Won several accolades at E3 as well.
Doing Facebook/Twitter promotion.

Not only that but they have weekly updates about the games car collection etc.

Their is a WHOLE LOAD of information about the game to be released yet and by the time Gamescon arrives the developers will only have about 1 month to finalise the game being ready for production.

I'm going to massively agree with Mr Latte on this one. At E3, T10/MS unveiled a huge amount of info about their game and MS stepped it up a notch with Fanatec unveiling a bunch of new wheels. T10/Dan also stated that there's still plenty more to come and not everything was mentioned yet. We'll have to see about Porsche, open wheel racers, night racing, weather, etc etc which has been rumored a few times.

Gamescon SHOULD (not will, but should) be another big show with more info to be released.

What or who's suspicions?

Europe is easily the biggest market something T10 will be aware of and just compare GT5 sales for the various regions. It doesn't really matter what "Demo" they have on show what matters is more details of the game will be revealed. The game is going to be a much bigger success than FM3 (imo) and it will gain lots of interest from its "Top Gear" collaboration and content.

Microsoft are more than likely going to push FM4 heavily no matter where they are promoting it and that includes Japan.

Id expect some more surprises!!!

I agree here. With the Xbox 360 doing so well in Europe, it would behoove them to make a big splash there with Forza 4.

I think he's comparing it to how GT5 promoted it's game. You'd see GT5 banners at actual racing events and the name was tied in all over the place in real life as well as all the other things you guys mentioned that Turn 10 has done. I'm not saying Turn 10 is hiding under a rock or anything but PD does way more promotion than Turn 10.

I think he's comparing it to how GT5 promoted it's game. You'd see GT5 banners at actual racing events and the name was tied in all over the place in real life as well as all the other things you guys mentioned that Turn 10 has done. I'm not saying Turn 10 is hiding under a rock or anything but PD does way more promotion than Turn 10.

I would say they do equal amounts, just in completely different ways. PD/Sony have always done more race sponsorship type things and relatively little community type promotions. T10 on the other hand really puts a lot of effort into the community thing with promotions like the current pre-order bonus thing.

I would say they do equal amounts, just in completely different ways. PD/Sony have always done more race sponsorship type things and relatively little community type promotions. T10 on the other hand really puts a lot of effort into the community thing with promotions like the current pre-order bonus thing.

I can't speak on years past but I have to say this time around I think PD did quite a bit of community action. Maybe not quite on the same level as T10 but differently and alot. Remember they even had demos in Best Buy stores. That's more community than sponsorship in my book. But I hear what you're saying.

Both have had there share of promotions and sponsorships. PD/GT though certainly has had more presence and I'd peg PD to be doing it more in the pro race scene than T10. I agree with what Justin said though, T10 even had an Audi endurance event in NYC around the time of Le Mans race.

If GT have snapped up rights to things like VLN races, what else could T10 do? Risi Competizione carried FM2 branding at one point - and the car is in FM3 - so they have been known to get involved with race sponsorship via one of the entrants.

MS used the xbox360 logos as their primary sponsor brand for the 2007 through 2009 Pug 908 LMS cars. I was kind of surprised that they didn't foot in the Forza brand but opted for xbox360 branding instead. Which is kind of funny since down the main straight at La Sarthe in 2007's 24LeMans MS slapped the FM2 logos AND the xbox360 logos.

Last edited:
Hint of Porsche. Supposedly Jeremy mentions Porsche during the Mercedes Autovista (at least thats what I got from this). I dont think that would be allowed if Porsche wasn't in.

"“Top Gear” presenter Jeremy Clarkson will even narrate his own personal, unedited take on each and every Autovista vehicle. In our case, we listened to Clarkson gush over the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. True to his heart, he took a slight jab at the Porsche 911 (“a Beetle” in his eyes) in the Mercedes piece too"

http://wot.motortrend.com/what-are-you-looking-forward-to-the-most-in-‘forza-4’-100739.html

Hint of Porsche. Supposedly Jeremy mentions Porsche during the Mercedes Autovista (at least thats what I got from this). I dont think that would be allowed if Porsche wasn't in.

"“Top Gear” presenter Jeremy Clarkson will even narrate his own personal, unedited take on each and every Autovista vehicle. In our case, we listened to Clarkson gush over the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. True to his heart, he took a slight jab at the Porsche 911 (“a Beetle” in his eyes) in the Mercedes piece too"

http://wot.motortrend.com/what-are-you-looking-forward-to-the-most-in-‘forza-4’-100739.html

Porsche is mentioned several times throughout the GT series(mainly in VW and RUF descriptions) so I don't think it's much of a confirmation.

Hmm, I was unaware of that. Where is it mentioned?

All the RUF's mention what Porsche they are based off and the Ferrari 330 P/4 mentions it as well.

I'm sure there are more, but I only spent a few minutes looking.

If there was no Porsche in Forza it would have been stated.....

Why would it? I dont recall any of the other games that lost Porsche such as PGR3 come out with a statement saying that they are NOT having Porsche. The game came out and it simply wasn't there.
BTW you only help keep the thread alive by posting here.

I was watching this video and noticed they showed almost every car manufactures logo that will be in Forza 4 but it goes by extremely fast especially towards the end. The question is can anyone slow it down enough to tell us all the manufacturers and if Porsche is there. I didnt see it but I couldnt spot Ruf either but it did go by pretty fast.

EDIT: I was noticing an error while trying to play the video so I put in the regular code instead of trying to start the video at 1:10.

Manufacturers start at 1:10

Last edited:
This list does not contain Porsche. But I'm pretty sure there is at least one confirmed manufacturer which isn't listed in this leaked trailer. Can't remember which one though.

HBK
This list does not contain Porsche. But I'm pretty sure there is at least one confirmed manufacturer which isn't listed in this leaked trailer. Can't remember which one though.

Were you able to slow it down? It goes by so fast toward the end that its hard to tell. How many of the 80+ manufacturers do they actually show?

Back