Porsche pack 2 March 2018

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 398 comments
I'm surprised the 917k isn't being talked about more. They did an exceptional job with that car. The sound is awesome. Perfect in replays. The car model even seems of a higher quality than all the others. For all around experience its by far the best car in the game right now IMO.

I'm surprised the 917k isn't being talked about more. They did an exceptional job with that car. The sound is awesome. Perfect in replays. The car model even seems of a higher quality than all the others. For all around experience its by far the best car in the game right now IMO.

Yes, agreed - it is superb!

I hope the care that they have put into it signals an intention to fill that category with top quality cars for it to race against starting with a Ferrari 512M. Although it has plenty of liveries - and they really are excellent ones - it would be a shame if we had to race it on its own.

It would have been nice to race multi-class with the 908 and 917K together, however for some reason SMS only included a version of that without headlights and have put the 908 in with a mass of older cars which it didn't race with.

We really need either custom championships or a way of selecting or eliminating cars from groups as the historic classes are becoming a bit messy.

Interesting with the sound being awesome as thats not something you see or hear much with PCARS 2, Really need to check this DLC out!

Interesting with the sound being awesome as thats not something you see or hear much with PCARS 2, Really need to check this DLC out!
SMS have come along way with the replay sound since release. That said I still find myself avoiding some of my favorite cars due to sound. 911 rsr 2.8 and F40 just to name a couple. But man, the 917k feels like another game. Watch a replay at Lemans. Amazing. Chills inducing.

SMS have come along way with the replay sound since release. That said I still find myself avoiding some of my favorite cars due to sound. 911 rsr 2.8 and F40 just to name a couple. But man, the 917k feels like another game. Watch a replay at Lemans. Amazing. Chills inducing.
WhatsWhwrong with how the 2.8 RSR sounds?

It's more cockpit sound im interested in, Lucky if i watch 5 replays a month.

I'm not gonna lie, that car is a thing of beauty. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I was driving it at Le Mans sunrise yesterday and it was a bit too slippy to get used to so I switched from the default Loose setup to Stable and it made a huge difference. Also brake balance is 48 on both setups so I made that more forward bias at 54 and it might have made more of a difference than switching to Stable!

The cars are cool but:
- only 4 new career events
- no new achievements
- the 959 sounds really strange
- Carrera GT does not whine like it should

This whole DLC feels unfinished and rushed out too early :(

Lemans 917k Steve McQueen

As for its performance, all I can say is that its braking ability seems poor. I don't think it's lacking for power.

Acceleration feels kind of right but the top speed seems to be lacking. I haven't yet found a stretch of road in the game where the Carrera GT will go above 300 km/h, which is what I'd expect from a 2004 911 Turbo, but it's is odd for a car of this calibre and the in-game specifications says 330 km/h. It's like it wouldn't come close to that no matter how much straight road we had at our disposal.

Acceleration feels kind of right but the top speed seems to be lacking. I haven't yet found a stretch of road in the game where the Carrera GT will go above 300 km/h, which is what I'd expect from a 2004 911 Turbo, but it's is odd for a car of this calibre and the in-game specifications says 330 km/h. It's like it wouldn't come close to that no matter how much straight road we had at our disposal.

Try Monza classic, I saw between 310 and 315

Part 5 - 'The Nutter' 917/10

Fun to watch and even more fun to drive it yourself. That moment you think you can handle any car in PCars2 and then this one pops up. Steep learning curve but once you have it, you feel that raw power.

It's not game breaking so I doubt they'd want to rush anything out. My guess is a couple of months.

Two or three of the cars in the latest DLC don't work. People have talked about a workaround but I cannot get around it.

Two or three of the cars in the latest DLC don't work. People have talked about a workaround but I cannot get around it.
Yes that's what I understand too. However given the impact is relatively minor when you consider the game a whole, and the user base as a whole I can't see SMS rushing out a patch for it. Patches always present a risk. We'll see I guess.

The issue with the Porsches is annoying as I was intending to use one of the broken Porsches in career mode.

Yes that's what I understand too. However given the impact is relatively minor when you consider the game a whole, and the user base as a whole I can't see SMS rushing out a patch for it. Patches always present a risk. We'll see I guess.

The issue with the Porsches is annoying as I was intending to use one of the broken Porsches in career mode.

One would think SMS would want to fix the DLC as soon as possible, since it is getting all the attention of being a new release. Are people really going to flock to buy something that's known to be broken in some ways?

Then again, I have to balance that with the fact that we all bought the game with the likelihood of there being broken bits. I myself have gone all in and recently purchased the season pass, so perhaps I can't even follow my own advice lol.

Last edited:
Finally got round to the Porsche pack tonight and first race i jumped into the 911 RSR 2.8. Oh my days what a joy could quite possibly be my favourite car in the game already if only it sounded good :(

I was skeptical of this pack but i could literally drive this thing for the next few weeks and not bother with anything else in it.

Edit: Wow the 917 as well :cheers:

Last edited:
Finally got round to the Porsche pack tonight and first race i jumped into the 911 RSR 2.8. Oh my days what a joy could quite possibly be my favourite car in the game already if only it sounded good :(

I was skeptical of this pack but i could literally drive this thing for the next few weeks and not bother with anything else in it.

Edit: Wow the 917 as well :cheers:

I'm having a little trouble stopping the rear end swinging around at the most inopportune times. I've had a few suggestions from others but haven't had the time to go and tinker with it. But yeah that sound.....:(

Latest Posts

Back