Porsche pack 2 March 2018

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 398 comments
I finally got to try the 959 S with its boost thanks to the workaround of selecting the car, saving, then rebooting the game. It's really great, a new favorite. :) đź‘Ť

Thanks for sharing workaround. It worked for me too.

After trying the 959 I can report that this car also suffers from touchy steering at high speed - Just like the Carrera GT. Both cars are near impossible to keep in a straight line with the DS4 controller.

My method was to go to the lobby, add the 20 up in the lobby listing. I was in the CRL only section and there are likely to be more than 20 lobbies at one time. When I refresh, 99% of the time, there are different lobbies. Note this does not count those who do not use the CRL either. I'm not estimating total players either. Just those using the public lobby.

TL;DR: 90 was based on 20 CRL lobbies of which can be more than 20 lobbies and does not include the non-CRL lobbies.

My system is to go to the main online lobby list, and simply count the players. Rinse and repeat every few minutes, and get an average. Locked and passworded League rooms show up (until full), and those (on PS4) are very few and far between. I have no filtering on my list whatsoever. Where are all these invisible lobbies? Where are all these players? And where is the advantage in SMS dropping full rooms off the list?

Play the game for a few hours, keep a close eye on rooms with more than a few people in them, not only is the @100 at any one time visible number a decent average (IMHO, a bit high), but the number of rooms with more than 3 or 4 drivers in them usually well under 10. Five or so is about the average most of the time.

Are you on a PS4, Jake? Do you have GTS? Go online there, count total players in Online Lobby (no filter), and then account for how many are likely in Sport Mode playing each other. Visit Kunos' website and look at the stats for players online at any one time. A good order of magnitude greater. We should want that. We need that!

Are you on a PS4, Jake? Do you have GTS? Go online there, count total players in Online Lobby (no filter), and then account for how many are likely in Sport Mode playing each other. Visit Kunos' website and look at the stats for players online at any one time. A good order of magnitude greater. We should want that. We need that!
The problem with that situation is that you'll see more than 20 lobbies. Also, I had a look at GTS online earlier today and it wasn't much different. Mainly lobbies with about 5 people in.

Anyway. This is way off topic. This is about the Porsche pack.

Frustrating that they put the 908 Spyder in with the Vintage Prototype B class. Feels like a different period. No lights and dominates the class too. They really need to give us the ability to select custom grids.

There's a few examples like that in the game. Jaguar in Vintage A, Nissan ZX Turbo in Group C, etc. It doesn't seem that random starting grids are really random at all. The only random thing about it is which Jaguar livery is going to start on pole and how the other 5 are going to line up behind it. It's like qualifying happened but you weren't a part of it.

Customized grids appears to be the only answer to it and it would be nice to exempt those "alien" cars from dominating their respective classes.

There's a few examples like that in the game. Jaguar in Vintage A, Nissan ZX Turbo in Group C, etc. It doesn't seem that random starting grids are really random at all. The only random thing about it is which Jaguar livery is going to start on pole and how the other 5 are going to line up behind it. It's like qualifying happened but you weren't a part of it.

Customized grids appears to be the only answer to it and it would be nice to exempt those "alien" cars from dominating their respective classes.

The Jag doesn’t bother me too much. I feel it fits in as long as you race Vintage A at US circuits. The Porsche and Ferrari can dominate it on the tracks where handling is key. It’s a shame the Nissan gets a pasting everywhere though.

Frustrating that they put the 908 Spyder in with the Vintage Prototype B class. Feels like a different period. No lights and dominates the class too. They really need to give us the ability to select custom grids.

Other similarly strange group is GTO. With Diablo from 1999 (other cars are late 80s early 90s), mustang, one of nissans and audi without headlights... And strange mix of early GT1 LeMans and TransAm cars.

I just finished a 20 minute Prototype B race at Donington Park where only one Porsche 908 ran and it qualified and finished mid pack.
Has there been an update?
(On another note I tried to view the replay to see what happened to the Porsche and the game black screened although it seemed like it was still running, I was able to select buttons etc.)

Back