Porsche pack 2 March 2018

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 398 comments
This is the first Porsche pack I've paid for. There was no point in FM4 with its unrewarding physics and lame track selection.

Nothing forced anyone to buy any prior Porsche DLC in any game.
One of the reasons I skipped F7. I paid Porsche DLC in F6 and FH3. Just didn't want to buy it again F7(if they're included in that game then cool). Can't fault T10 for their car list- they have a freaking Starion... a Starion!!!!

Is it just me or do quite a few of the car sounds seem recycled. The Carrera GT has the same sound as the Huracan, the 908 sounds exactly like the F40 LM and the 917 sounds just like the Diablo GTR (albeit revving faster). Slightly disappointing to see as these are arguably some of the best sounding cars ever made and it would have been nice to hear them more accurately represented unless these are just placeholder sounds. Still looking forward to driving them all though.

As with base game, some of the Porsches don't sound great. The 911 RSR 2017, despite being a good sound, is a way off being particularly accurate. Still, I'm looking to getting stuck into that.

Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack 3 arriving next week on PS4 and this Porsche Legends Pack being announced on the same day has been brilliant news.

Forgive me, but how do these videos exist? The DLC is not available until March, right? Or is this part of the news release?

The content was added in the latest patch. Some people decide that they can't wait for the DLC release date and hack the content out to be able to play it now.
Clever people. Do you know why the Anti Aliasing is so bad on that Leipzig track?

I haven't watched the video (I have no desire to encourage people to hack the content) but if it's using a Rift, that might do it. There's no reason why aliasing would be worse at a particular circuit than any other, so if it looks bad then I can only summise that the video was recorded with some lower than normal graphics settings.

What a load of ... this pack is. Why so many cam-am cars? These cars are nearly death machines that want to kill you in every single corner.
Man, Pcars 2 DLC's have been a disapointment so far IMO. Maybe I will buy it later just for the Carrera GT

I'm actually love looking forward to that GTE 911. Tried the Manthey GT3. Really dig that car after watching the Bathurst 12H. Did an LMP2/LMP3/GTE/GT3 race at Fuji. Such a well behaved car over a "24H" cycle. And I don't do GT cars much in this game.

The 959 & 961 should both be a treat. Driving that 959 on the PCH, will be an epic cruise.

It's a shame we don't have a road version of the Ferrari F40 as that car has a personal rivalry with the Porsche 959. I remember the Top Gear segment about those two cars and how one had to top the other. I can't remember which was which but one had a top speed of 200mph so the other came out with a top speed of 201mph. That doesn't happen anymore

It's a shame we don't have a road version of the Ferrari F40 as that car has a personal rivalry with the Porsche 959. I remember the Top Gear segment about those two cars and how one had to top the other. I can't remember which was which but one had a top speed of 200mph so the other came out with a top speed of 201mph. That doesn't happen anymore
Sure it does: Bugatti and Konigseggegggeggggggg.

I think it could more about those two cars I don't care to see. Isn't like a Porsche and Ferrari rivalry.

Finally, another dlc pack. The 917, 959, 961, and Carrera GT are looking pretty good to me. Can’t wait!!!

@Cluck Any chance you guys will add the WeatherTech Sports Car Championship for Porsche Team USA on the 911 RSR?
You do know I don't work for SMS don't you?! :D. I'm flattered that some people think I do but I am not, and have never been, employed in any capacity by SMS or any of it's subsidiaries.

You'd need to ask Ian, The American or The Owl, they're the guys who'll know what is and isn't possible (though there's no guarantee you'll get an answer - they may not be able to tell you) :)

(edit : on re-reading, I realise that without smilies my reply might be interpreted as a little on the aggressive side, which wasn't my intention whatsoever)

Last edited:
I guess it will be obvious to anyone who's read enough of my posts to know what cars I'm into, but I would be way more interested in classic road-going Porsche models, especially some lower-powered 911 stuff (or even a 912 would be nice - I love momentum racing a perfectly balanced chassis).

Also, I sure hope developers haven't given up on RUF, thinking they aren't necessary - I would trade the YB for any 10 Porsche models...

I guess it will be obvious to anyone who's read enough of my posts to know what cars I'm into, but I would be way more interested in classic road-going Porsche models, especially some lower-powered 911 stuff (or even a 912 would be nice - I love momentum racing a perfectly balanced chassis).

Also, I sure hope developers haven't given up on RUF, thinking they aren't necessary - I would trade the YB for any 10 Porsche models...
At least the RSR 2.8 is better than nothing! :)

This game makes for such lovely driving that it's a shame it's so biased toward brutal, powerful, slicks-shod cars. I appreciate how many of them are interesting vintage cars, some that you could never drive before in a game, but I hope PCARS3 expands upon the lower end of the performance scale.

So is this pack all race cars, if it is I'm not interested. I want road cars this please.
images

Back