Porsche pack 2 March 2018

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 398 comments
Yeah not having the 911 turbo factory is like if they spit in your face, dirty factory driver, to be worse with the absence of the yellowbird, which would have been epic on this physics, so we needed the 911 desperately.

The 959 is a weird one too. The Porche 935 factory would have been way more exciting, specially being the model in the game already more or less.

The Porche Carrera being c is also a surprise. Held that car in such higher esteem actually.

I'm purchasing this pack but the absence of the factory 911 has been quite a surprise, and not a pleasant one precisely. The true potential of these new awesome physics might be better explored on the factory cars.

Last edited:
Oh come on not another complaint! Every thread...

Seriously though, don't buy it if it doesn't please your needs. Nobody is forcing you. I'm just happy we're getting more cars & tracks.
I purchased the season pass so ive already bought it and stuck with it whether i like it or not. Saying that i knew it was a gamble before purchasing and did so more or less to support SMS.

Last edited:
So is this pack all race cars, if it is I'm not interested.

Like it was just mentioned, there are the Carrera GT and the 959 S. I agree with anyone saying that a classic 911 road version would have been great, but ultimately it's understandable that racing machines are the top priority for a game like this. That said, the 81 version of the 935 Moby Dick seems totally redundant to me. I really do appreciate that we're getting the Le Mans version from 1978 wearing the legendary Martini colors, but I couldn't care less about the one used by privateers during the early 1980s. I think that spot could have been used far more effectively on something like a road-going 993 turbo.

So is this pack all race cars, if it is I'm not interested. I want road cars this please.
images

I would prefer if it was all race cars as those are cars I can race, but no, some are road cars which I'll probably just drive once.

Very pleased with some of the cars chosen, but I would like to have seen some more lower powered, low grip race cars - maybe something to compete with the Merc 300 SL which is on its own in GTD - perhaps a 356. Maybe a single seater to compete with the Lotus 25 - perhaps their F2 car if licensing prevents an F1 car and perhaps an early, 2 litre 911. But I would want them all as race cars with liveries and race numbers - I find I get very little, if any use out of the road cars in the game.

Very much looking forward to this pack and to the Le Mans pack even more! - hope that includes the 1968 and 1969 Le Mans winning Ford GT40.

Having the 959 vs the 288 GTO in road E, is not the best comparison. Especially as it has F40 rivalling performance.

Maybe for PC3, we'll have the option to assign cars to custom races. Makes the racing via Nurb times, though interesting on paper, a mash up of old and new.

My thing is, is why wasn't these cars in the game from the jump? The Carrera gt, 959 s, and the 3 917's should have been in the game day 1!

The same reason anything that comes after release comes out when it does instead of Day 1:

If you continue to work on a game and every track and car that is meant to be in it, it will take longer than the company's investors and whatnot intended and will not be happy. At some point you have to release something and just continue working on it after the fact.

Best I can come up with.

Most games had to wait for the Porsche licence to expire. Plus, modelling time. Ian Bell mentioned, some of the packs were not finalised. Waiting approval for some cars.

To give a little insight (from watching it happen as a WMD1 and WMD2 member) into how the car models go from first draft to actual release, the developers can't just slap their car model into a game and ship it. A reasonably complete model, in terms of exterior and interior visuals, will go into the game first. From there the model will be refined, shots will be taken, sent off for approval from the manufacturer (and any associated specific model owners/sponsors, in the case of race cars), tweaks made, shots sent off again, tweaks made, shots sent off, etc etc. Meanwhile, the physics will have a basic pass, based on the suspension model, whilst waiting for more accurate detail (either directly from the manufacturer, teams or from research). Meanwhile a basic audio model is added, which then gets tweaked and refined over time.

All of this takes time and a lot of it, in the case of the approval process, is out of the developers' hands.

Ergo, a lot of stuff simply cannot go into the game at launch, because there isn't the time to get all of the above done, on top of all the other cars. Then, well, let's face it, we had 180+ cars at launch anyway so we weren't exactly short on content to start with :). Would the majority of people really be willing to not only wait another 9 months for the additional content to be created but, more importantly, cough up even more money for the 'base' game at that point? I think we all know the answer to the latter part of that question!

I agree with anyone saying that a classic 911 road version would have been great, but ultimately it's understandable that racing machines are the top priority for a game like this.
I understand that it's SMS's priority, but I don't understand why. PCARS2 is already the only sim of its kind on the market. Embracing more roadcars would only double down on that, instead of leaving those of us who enjoy driving them in a no man's land, between the games that offer all our favorites and the one game that could really do them justice with its physics and diversity of tracks and everything.

It leaves the door open for Kunos or someone else to fill the niche. GT Sport or FM7 are not alternatives.

I wouldn't be so insistent if SMS hadn't chosen to adopt the roadcar "discipline" themselves. They added it, how about balancing it out a bit instead of pitching it so hard onto exotics and trackday toys? If the game had only racecars and nothing else, I'd just take my enjoyment from the vintage cars and keep wishing for something to come along and pick up Enthusia's mantle and offer popular roadcars with GENUINE physics for once.

I purchased the season pass so ive already bought it and stuck with it whether i like it or not. Saying that i knew it was a gamble before purchasing and did so more or less to support SMS.

I bought the season too but I didn't get the Fun pack because I don't really care anything about rally cars. I've never driven in the dirt or snow in this game. I will certainly get this Porsche pack solely because of the 911 RSR. The older cars, even the race ones, really don't interest me that much. In this game as in most other racing games I've had I probably drive pure race cars about 90% of the time but I understand there are those that would like to see more road cars. It might be nice if out of a 8 or 10 car pack to split 50/50 between road and race cars if that was practical.

I liked the fun pack and enjoy the rally cross...Snow or Ice though i just see that pointless and a waste of resources.

Im sure before release SMS were putting out videos saying they had o keep going back to the ice racing as the pro drivers kept saying they had it all wrong.

I feel PCARS ia a racing game and having too many road cars will dilute the title. Forza and GT6 both have hundreds of roadcars and easily furfill that niche.

Keep PCARS motorsport i feel. Forza n GT6 or 7 the car collecting games.

What a load of ... this pack is. Why so many cam-am cars? These cars are nearly death machines that want to kill you in every single corner.
Man, Pcars 2 DLC's have been a disapointment so far IMO. Maybe I will buy it later just for the Carrera GT

Because Carrera GT is not a nearly death machine that want to kill you :D

What a load of ... this pack is. Why so many cam-am cars? These cars are nearly death machines that want to kill you in every single corner.
Man, Pcars 2 DLC's have been a disapointment so far IMO. Maybe I will buy it later just for the Carrera GT

Project Cars 2 will always be a game where we get racecars rather than road cars.

Deal with it. For me the roadcars are an extra. Go hard or go home.

Question: in that video I won't link it shows one leipseg track layout, are there others? Cos I read something about it having a "KARRUSELL" and that seemed a bit flat? Still seemed good though.

Deal with it. For me the roadcars are an extra. Go hard or go home.
I didn't know racing cars were meant to be harder than factory. Would love to see your skills with Hypercars on road tyres, or maybe just with sport or supersport cars, and pay to see your face of total surprise the moment you find out where actual skills at the wheel are required.

I think Go hard, go home means that SestoScudo just prefers race cars. Nothing wrong with that. Just as there is nothing wrong with wanting more road cars.

To be honest I also prefer race cars in Project Cars 2. They are much better to drive on race tracks imho, but I am very happy with existing road cars in PC2.

To be honest I also prefer race cars in Project Cars 2. They are much better to drive on race tracks imho, but I am very happy with existing road cars in PC2.
In reality race cars are easier to drive on a track than road cars, road cars aren't designed for the track and as such you can only drive to the limits of the car (and in particular its understeer bias in most cases and road legal tyres); with a race car you are driving to the limits of the track, the environment the cars are designed to be able to exploit to the maximum

PC2 physics is just too good to look down on factory machines. The handling model they have achieved on road cars with those Pirelli softs, mediums, hards and summer tyres are simply top of its class.

I'm not saying that pc should be focused on road machines entirely, but given the absolute superiority over anything else of the road cars tyre model we are currently enjoying (and well softs and hards tyre models feel like top physics too on racing cars), then a little more of love for these machines should be in order.

This game has put other sims to shame in what it comes to factory car physics. SMS should take advantage of this, and do it quick.

Yeah not having the 911 turbo factory is like if they spit in your face, dirty factory driver, to be worse with the absence of the yellowbird, which would have been epic on this physics, so we needed the 911 desperately.

The 959 is a weird one too. The Porche 935 factory would have been way more exciting, specially being the model in the game already more or less.

The Porche Carrera being c is also a surprise. Held that car in such higher esteem actually.

I'm purchasing this pack but the absence of the factory 911 has been quite a surprise, and not a pleasant one precisely. The true potential of these new awesome physics might be better explored on the factory cars.

This game needs a 911 Turbo S.

Having the 959 vs the 288 GTO in road E, is not the best comparison. Especially as it has F40 rivalling performance.

Maybe for PC3, we'll have the option to assign cars to custom races. Makes the racing via Nurb times, though interesting on paper, a mash up of old and new.

I agree, a road-going F40 in the the game is better suited against the 959.

I love the road cars myself. I’d just love them a lot more if they handled a lot better.

I agree, a road-going F40 in the the game is better suited against the 959.

We still don't know where the Road F40 wil be placed. Road version was hinted for Ferrari Pack.

On the other hand 959 wasn't as fast as F40.

I dont hate road cars I just love racecars more especially since I love watching motorsport a lot.

We should take for granted the innovations in cars thanks to racecars.
Same for me. As good as a 918 looks, I'd much rather drive a 919 Hybrid or the WSC-95. Although have them in game by all means.

Back