Porsche Panamera

• Thread starter G.T
  • 300 comments
I know how much Porsche loves its unique 911 design, but trying to apply it to a sedan just doesn't seem to be the same.

This and the Rapide really aren't working for me. The hatchback sedan just isn't seeming to fit well at all. This car looks like a severely overgrown jellybean and the Rapide just is awkward.

Because both of the companies are having troubles getting their styling down (and that's quite a statement for Aston), I'm beginning to think that the sports car front, the four doors and full size interior and hatchback rear are a combination that shouldn't be toyed with.

I think it worked...ONCE...with the Jensen Interceptor. Somehow, Aston and Porsche think that, because a small British company pulled it off in the '70s, they can pull it off.

They should've stuck with the M5 test body and just made the shocking ugly debut at once. Like taking off a bandaid - one fast rip. We don't need this slow prolonged torture.

Porsche hasn't been good at applying its design direction at something other than a rear engined car. The Cayenne was and still is an abortion (for the record - I found it to be a handsome SUV, but not a handsome Porsche).

Yeah, someeverything definitely needs fixed at the rear. The front works alright, but everything feels placed a little too high.

Two years until production debut?

And people say its taking the Camaro too long???

I think it worked...ONCE...with the Jensen Interceptor. Somehow, Aston and Porsche think that, because a small British company pulled it off in the '70s, they can pull it off.

Um... Maserati Quattroporte???? This segment is huge right now.

Ass engined Nazi sled.

1939VW-KdF-WagenAdvert1.jpg

Maybe Porsche should look a little more closely at one of those for the whole rounded look.

Or maybe less closely. Whichever will look better.

I think the car is still not finished, so don't worry about the looks of the test mule. ;) But this whole 4 door coupe style needs to go. I mean, sure the CLS had some success making it, but come on, they should just make their own design rather than base it of their other cars or from other inspiration. 👎 But anyways, its certainly gonna sell by the amount of Porsches there are on the road....... :indiff:

I'm thinking that the problem may not that they've tried to copy too many other things, but maybe that they are being a little too original, at least with the body style and lines. And I have no problem with them borrowing elements from other Porsches, just as long as they find a way to integrate them decently. It is a Porsche, after all.

I'm thinking that the problem may not that they've tried to copy too many other things, but maybe that they are being a little too original, at least with the body style and lines. And I have no problem with them borrowing elements from other Porsches, just as long as they find a way to integrate them decently. It is a Porsche, after all.
I think that said it best.
Personally, it's ugly but so was the Cayenne originally.
It is after all, a Porsche.

Wow, that Beetle is HUGE!

False advertisement much?

No, houses were just that small back then...

===

Considering how few photos we've seen, and furthermore, how we know they like to hide what the cars look like, I don't think we can really make a fair assessment of how it looks until its debut.

It's a different kind of Porsche. Carrying around more people in a purely Porsche machine. I bet even if (and I sincerely doubt this) Porsche made a pickup truck, it's still a Porsche even if it isn't your average Porsche sports car. It looks like a fairly decent Porsche. It will probably compete with any true sports sedan. What would be this car's primary competition (let's be realistic)?

It's a different kind of Porsche. Carrying around more people in a purely Porsche machine. I bet even if (and I sincerely doubt this) Porsche made a pickup truck, it's still a Porsche even if it isn't your average Porsche sports car. It looks like a fairly decent Porsche. It will probably compete with any true sports sedan. What would be this car's primary competition (let's be realistic)?

The Quattroporte, the Rapide(Is that still making producting?) and that new Lambo.

New Lambo pulled off the 4 door tourer style better than this Porsche is so far. The rear of this just don't look right.

I call the Lambo a 4-door musclecar in style terms. Which is not a bad thing...

the Porsche familial look did not translate well to the Panamera.

I call the Lambo a 4-door musclecar in style terms. Which is not a bad thing...

the Porsche familial look did not translate well to the Panamera.

No it did not, but the Lamborghini could have been better also. The Rapide also isn't that great. So far it's just a DB9 with two extra doors, which doesn't look right.

that would be the politically correct way to describe a car that looks like squatting kangaroo doing number 2 after having too much vindaloo.

Back