Porsche, Porsche, Porsche!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 20 comments
Rear suspension needs to be stiffer than the front in the game, for some reason. Also found that a rearward brake balance helps as well. Have yet to get all of the lift-off oversteer out of it, but it's definitely a start.

Tried that, still no-go. :( Really want to love this car, have a racing league coming up using it, hoping I can mostly cure this issue before then.

Edit: tried a bunch of things over the course of an hour or so and got nowhere.

Last edited:
BOP Power 105%, Weight 89%. Racing Hard tires.
My settings are for sport or comfort tyres.
Most of the road cars in gts are not able to run racing tyres and there are no settings able to fix this , even the most extremes parameters together in the way to to correct those behaviors.
Don't know why really but i don't think it's a bad thing.
Why not using sport ? Sport soft are giving a serious amount of grip already and the car is so fantastic to drive anywhere...

My settings are for sport or comfort tyres.
Most of the road cars in gts are not able to run racing tyres and there are no settings able to fix this , even the most extremes parameters together in the way to to correct those behaviors.
Don't know why really but i don't think it's a bad thing.
Why not using sport ? Sport soft are giving a serious amount of grip already and the car is so fantastic to drive anywhere...
It's for a replica league of the old 911 3.8 series, which would use racing slicks.

It's for a replica league of the old 911 3.8 series, which would use racing slicks.
Right, but sometimes you have to argue the value of realism vs. fun. This is a major issue in the Battlefield franchise. If they were to keep things 100% historically accurate then a lot of the gameplay would just not be fun. War wasn't fair, but it's a video game and that has to be taken into account. So things get changed and it becomes a fun video game. Think about it like that. Sure, being realistic would have you on racing tires but if you just want to have fun you can compromise by putting on Sport Soft tires. You still have the visual of the car so that's realistic. I'd be okay with that because at least we're having fun. That's more important in the end.

@R1600Turbo Hey mate, i made few days ago a tune for the 911 carrera, but the tune comes out tomorrow or friday. I made the Setup for Sport Tires but adjusted right now the LSD and some other values for Race Tires...

Like @praiano said, this cars working alot better with sport tires and some of the MR cars from the "N" Classes glitching? by using the Race Tires and snap oversteer alot...

This Setup maybe helps you a bit... you can lower front toe or adjust the Camber fron higher if the frontend grip is not enough.

Merry Christmas :)

PS: Setup made with BoP set to on.

Maybe it can help you now:
Meine großartige Aufnahme Screenshot 2019-12-25 19-28-05.png
Meine großartige Aufnahme Screenshot 2019-12-25 19-28-09.png

Things to help lessen off power rotation...

higher front ride height than rear.
Stiffer front roll bar than rear.
Less rear camber than front. 3.0/1.5 for example
Rear diff tighter under braking. 5/10/35 for example
Front brake bias.
More rear downforce (when tunable of course)
Front weight bias (If PD gives is back that tuning option)

hope this helps.

Things to help lessen off power rotation...

higher front ride height than rear.
Stiffer front roll bar than rear.
Less rear camber than front. 3.0/1.5 for example
Rear diff tighter under braking. 5/10/35 for example
Front brake bias.
More rear downforce (when tunable of course)
Front weight bias (If PD gives is back that tuning option)

hope this helps.

with this value for the lsd, the car will for sure overrotate off-throttle.

with this value for the lsd, the car will for sure overrotate off-throttle.

LSD settings...this is one of the ways i‘ve settled many cars. They seem to drive better for me. Taking what I know from the real world, a tighter diff equals less entry or off power steering, keeping the car from rotating as much.

Maybe i’m driving it better thinking the real world applies after making these changes?

Can you clarify what each of the 3 diff settings effect most in the game and how each of these might perform?

Initial. 5. Vs. 60.
Accel. 5. 60.
Braking. 5. 60.

Thanks for your further input.

I noticed that adding breaking lock to diff makes things a little bit better. Effect on both 935 and 933 starts from 30.

Don't know if you all have that problem or not, but I have real problem with those Porsches, with countersteering, sometimes I feel playing Project Cars, instead GT, and want steering sensitivity option to be present in. I cure it with stiffer front, but car just start jumping over bumps, and seems don't see any option in between.

I noticed that adding breaking lock to diff makes things a little bit better. Effect on both 935 and 933 starts from 30.

Don't know if you all have that problem or not, but I have real problem with those Porsches, with countersteering, sometimes I feel playing Project Cars, instead GT, and want steering sensitivity option to be present in. I cure it with stiffer front, but car just start jumping over bumps, and seems don't see any option in between.

Yes, I have had the same trouble. For lobby racing where tuning is available, I raise the front ride height higher than the rear, use a stiffer front sway bar, more front camber and a tighter rear diff under braking. This also works for all rear engine vehicles, like the Samba Bus.

Enlighten me a bit here tuners, how do you cure the dreaded lift-off oversteer on these things? Specifically the 993. Seems no matter what I try, I can't get it to go away...
I have managed to sort something out with this crazy unhappy tail 993, I will let you try it tonight, check around 09:30pm uk time

I have managed to sort something out with this crazy unhappy tail 993, I will let you try it tonight, check around 09:30pm uk time
If I’m not mistaking it was, front ride height down to maximum I think it is 85, rear on 110, front suspension on 140, rear on 185, ARB front on 10, rear on 1, next two are on, front 58 rear 67, front 88, rear 97, camber front on 0.0 rear on 3.0 toe front on50 out, rear on 50 in then differential normal, try this and let me know

If I’m not mistaking it was, front ride height down to maximum I think it is 85, rear on 110, front suspension on 140, rear on 185, ARB front on 10, rear on 1, next two are on, front 58 rear 67, front 88, rear 97, camber front on 0.0 rear on 3.0 toe front on50 out, rear on 50 in then differential normal, try this and let me know
I'll give it a shot. Clean Racer's tune here actually worked wonders for me but the car is still twitchy on certain tracks in certain corners. He's been the closest to curing it so far:

I'll give it a shot. Clean Racer's tune here actually worked wonders for me but the car is still twitchy on certain tracks in certain corners. He's been the closest to curing it so far:

What I normally do is, earlier braking and let car do the turn with desire speed, in that way by the time the car is turning there is no pressure on the brake, means car turns with more balanced character, always works for me

What I normally do is, earlier braking and let car do the turn with desire speed, in that way by the time the car is turning there is no pressure on the brake, means car turns with more balanced character, always works for me
Now try this, they say if there is a wheel, there is a way, I hope this one does what you are after, it really is the happiest tail I have ever driven a Porsche! ( 81/83 )( 2.23/2.43 )( 1/8 )( 61/52 )( 86/82 )( 0.0/4.0 ) ( out,0.50/in 0.50 )( Differential, 8/20/50 )( Gears, Default, 174mph then adjust slider to desire speed!!

Back