• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 96 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
test_banner2.png

Porsche 911 Cup 3.8 (Type 993)
This is a general interest check to see how many people would be interested in something like this. Full details below, date/time TBD but likely in the same spot I run my Miata league (Sundays @ 3pm EST) unless there is significant interest to move it. Season would start after we get a healthy amount of registered people.

Basic Details:
  • Similar specs to 1996 season, 310hp / 2,423 lbs (BOP 105% / 89%)
  • Sport Soft tires (due to GT Sport physics not liking RH on a street car) Edit: We might be able to do RH with a stable tune.
  • Tuning Allowed
  • Livery requirements - Number plates, Pirelli & Shell stickers, stock wheels, white banner
  • 6-8 round schedule, 15 min qualifying, 35-45 min races, with or without pit stops
  • Standing start with false start check
Tentative Schedule: (in no particular order, Europe based)
  • Nurburgring GP
  • Monza
  • Maggiore East II
  • Catalunya
  • Spa Francorchamps
  • Red Bull Ring
  • Brands Hatch GP (TBD)
  • Possible return to Nurburgring at the end of the season
Comments and suggestions welcome. :)

Last edited:
I will keep an eye on this series. I am in the same boat as @llNovall
Racing in the middle of the day is tough with family.

Question: have you considered a city track? Like one of the Tokyo Expressway layouts?

I will keep an eye on this series. I am in the same boat as @nova

Racing in the middle of the day is tough with family.

Question: have you considered a city track? Like one of the Tokyo Expressway layouts?
Not a fan of Tokyo at all really. Also trying to keep it Europe based.

If everyone can list some days/times that will work better, we can try and narrow down a good time. Currently I can't do weekdays before 7pm MST and Saturdays are no-go.

on second thoughts any French track would do, IMO France should be represented if it's Euro theme. Plus, I think the car got enough power for Le Mans to be enjoyable

But I think Alsace could be a good idea as well. I think it's a very unique circuit apart from those already on the list. It's bumpy, challenging and real fun to drive.

I’ll keep an eye on it. Sunday’s possibly once football is done works, or Thursdays with your 7pm mst works, or once a month fridays on the week that novas GT3, lambo, and vintage 911 don’t run. Could be cool to have the 930, 993, and the 991’s all running Friday’s....

@R1600Turbo - before you posted this I had been running the car on SS and Tires and 100/100. Now that I've set it to your specs (RH Tires) I am experiencing a lot more off throttle oversteer. She gets crazy when I get back on the throttle, especially if I'm in 2nd gear.

Do you have any recommendations for how to tame this or is my driving the problem? (don't answer that 2nd part of the question, :lol:)

@R1600Turbo - before you posted this I had been running the car on SS and Tires and 100/100. Now that I've set it to your specs (RH Tires) I am experiencing a lot more off throttle oversteer. She gets crazy when I get back on the throttle, especially if I'm in 2nd gear.

Do you have any recommendations for how to tame this or is my driving the problem? (don't answer that 2nd part of the question, :lol:)
Still looking to fix it myself. :lol: Hoping I can nail it down before we start...

Edit: Missed all the posts about France tracks. Just not a fan of any of them and LeMans is a bit large.

Still looking to fix it myself. :lol: Hoping I can nail it down before we start...

Edit: Missed all the posts about France tracks. Just not a fan of any of them and LeMans is a bit large.
Yeah, I actually think that it's the weight reduction that introduced it. It would beinteresting to know where PD took the weight out of the car.:lol:

I am experiencing a lot more off throttle oversteer. She gets crazy when I get back on the throttle, especially if I'm in 2nd gear.

Try taking lsd braking sensitivity up. Think of it as 30 is 50/50 between inside and outside wheels. The more you go below 30 the more the lsd slows down the inside wheel than the outside. More above 30 outside wheel slows more than inside.

Or try what I did with an mr car. Bring front ride Height a little higher than the rear. Front springs stiffer than rear, front shock compression up and rear shock extension up. It seemed extreme, but it worked and was on pace with other fast guys.

Try taking lsd braking sensitivity up. Think of it as 30 is 50/50 between inside and outside wheels. The more you go below 30 the more the lsd slows down the inside wheel than the outside. More above 30 outside wheel slows more than inside.

Or try what I did with an mr car. Bring front ride Height a little higher than the rear. Front springs stiffer than rear, front shock compression up and rear shock extension up. It seemed extreme, but it worked and was on pace with other fast guys.
Thank you kind sir. I will try these.

Your advice helped a lot. Thanks.

It took a little bit of all that advice. I'm still tweaking the diff but it feels better already.

Back