Porsche SuperCup 3.8 (993) | Date/Time TBD

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 96 comments
Anyone had any success with a tune on this thing? I've spent the better part of a couple hours trying to solve the lift-off oversteer and have had no success.

I drove it a little last night in stock form, with as bad as it is that’s probably what I would start at, 3 clicks up from lowest for the rear and front all the way up, see if that helps, then I’d work the front down until manageable. That’s kinda what I did with the GT3 RS and it worked.

I'm not gonna say you should switch the car to something that isn't racing tires, but I feel the racing tires exaggerate the negative handling characteristics with road cars in the game. Found the car to be super twitchy entering corners/off throttle on racing hards, but switching to sports/comfort tires made it more predictable.

I'm not gonna say you should switch the car to something that isn't racing tires, but I feel the racing tires exaggerate the negative handling characteristics with road cars in the game. Found the car to be super twitchy entering corners/off throttle on racing hards, but switching to sports/comfort tires made it more predictable.
The point of this series is to replicate the old 993 3.8 Cup, which would use racing slicks.

This is where I started at.

Suspension is all default except:
front camber 3.5
rear camber 2.5
front toe out 0.20

Rear Diff
LSD Inital 8
LSD Accel 25
LSD Brake 18

Transmission
Set to default then select full custom
Set top speed to 186
Gears set to
1st 2.239
2nd 1.705
3rd 1.352
4th 1.110
5th 0.940
6th 0.823
Then only adjust final for max speed at track. I used 4.000 at spa.

With these changes the car seemed better but not perfect. I didn’t have much of an issue with loose into turns off throttle, instead I had issues with slight looseness mid turn at some of the slower turns and turn exit of mid to higher speed turns. While hard to do, I found it best to not counter steer when the rear stepped out but rather apply a little brake. If it got too far out there was no saving it.

However, I think I have a totally different driving style than most, as I am NEVER FULLY OFF THROTTLE. So that may play a big part in the off throttle issues.

I’d test more but I have other cars to get ready for upcoming races.

Take rear toe up to 60, decel on diff to at least 30. Also push brake bias to front to -3 and see what happens.

Last edited:
Guess we're going with Sport Soft tires then. Not what I want but the game just won't allow it so it is what it is.

With that said, I see a lot of people saying 3pm EST probably won't work for them but I don't see any other times being recommended. Definitely speak up if this interests you and you'd like another time.

Sundays after 8pm is what works for me.

Were you planning on doing a multiple race format?
I second this. I know Snail runs on Sunday nights at 9:30pm est. If you got something lined up for qualifying to start around 8, and then race at 8:15pm est, that could have the race wrapped up before Snail night starts. May even attract a few guys from there to this series as well.

Sounds like we're all on board for that time so I will go ahead and mark it down as the start time. And because it's later in the day than my current series, we could also start on an earlier date. Say, on the 5th?

@R1600Turbo I sent you a set up in PS Messages. Let me know if it works for you. It was one that I had with the Racing Hards.

I tried the car on Sport Softs. It does calm it down but braking distances are much longer. I kind of like it better with the RH better.

EDIT - Here it is for all to see - (Disregard the Sport Soft tire settings and put the RH tires on.):

993 Setup 1[1].jpg

993 Setup 2[1].jpg

993 Setup 3[1].jpg

Last edited:
I sent you a set up in PS Messages. Let me know if it works for you. It was one that I had with the Racing Hards.
Thanks, but still no-go. For me it's the transition off throttle between braking and getting back on the gas that the rear steps out. Does it here too.

Edit: I'm not a super fan of "squishy" setups, especially when I'm trying to replicate a racecar, so I took that as a base and cranked everything up for stiffness, lowered the car, tweaked the brakes and LSD and am super happy with how the car behaves now. 2:11.xxx possible at Nurb GP with offline physics. Maybe a hint of understeer but very stable.

Brakes: +2

Height: 3.07 / 3.15
Springs: 2.50 / 2.42
Sways: 3 / 8
Compression: 61 / 59
Rebound: 89 / 89
Camber: 1.2 / 2.8
Toe: Out 0.05 / In 0.10

LSD: 8/20/15

Edit 2: I have a room open if anyone wants to hop in. Just doing some lapping for now, we can do short test races on Sunday if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Alright Gents, here is my home brewed, personal tune. Very neutral overall with a slight off throttle oversteer, but very little and very manageable. Was able to post a 2:09.7 online at the Nurburgring GP. Try it out and give me your thoughts. This was on Race Hards.
20191226_223611.jpg
20191226_223619.jpg

20191226_224535.jpg

If you want a little more rotation on exit, lower the rear toe numerically. I like 40.

Last edited:
Thanks, but still no-go. For me it's the transition off throttle between braking and getting back on the gas that the rear steps out. Does it here too.

Edit: I'm not a super fan of "squishy" setups, especially when I'm trying to replicate a racecar, so I took that as a base and cranked everything up for stiffness, lowered the car, tweaked the brakes and LSD and am super happy with how the car behaves now. 2:11.xxx possible at Nurb GP with offline physics. Maybe a hint of understeer but very stable.

Brakes: +2

Height: 3.07 / 3.15
Springs: 2.50 / 2.42
Sways: 3 / 8
Compression: 61 / 59
Rebound: 89 / 89
Camber: 1.2 / 2.8
Toe: Out 0.05 / In 0.10

LSD: 8/20/15

Edit 2: I have a room open if anyone wants to hop in. Just doing some lapping for now, we can do short test races on Sunday if anyone is interested.
Is this room still open. I have one open as well

Latest Posts

Back