Porsche SuperCup 3.8 (993) | Date/Time TBD

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 96 comments
But don’t let me influence the decision, as I doubt I’ll be running. I like longer races, that don’t come down to who can save fuel more. Sprint races just turn into 4 wide into t1 and half the field in the grass.

My setup that has natural Porsche characteristics on SS tires was impossible to do anything with on racing tires because it snapped around immediately upon turning any amount, and I realize that racing tires do need to have a stiffer suspension on it but if I run it any more stiff, it'll be bouncing everywhere.

Are you guys wanting longer races with a pit stop, or sprint races with no stops?
What do you consider a sprint race? I only ask because people have different ideas about that topic. To me 30 to 40 minutes is still in the sprint category.

Hey guys, I have a question about the LSD braking sensitivity:

I see guys with a very low number and then I see others with it nearly maxed out.

What is the thinking on that? Is the higher number what keeps the car from getting loose on corner entry when off the throttle?

I was running mine at 20 but now I want to try it at 50.

Hey guys, I have a question about the LSD braking sensitivity:

I see guys with a very low number and then I see others with it nearly maxed out.

What is the thinking on that? Is the higher number what keeps the car from getting loose on corner entry when off the throttle?

I was running mine at 20 but now I want to try it at 50.

From the way the guy explains it in that video I shared, think of 30 as 50/50 braking between inside and outside wheels. So you could say that a value of 15 would be 75% inside 25% outside. With more braking power to the inside wheel the car is naturally going to turn to the inside, causing more rotation or a loose condition. Value of 45 you could say 25% inside 75% outside, causing the rear to work against the front so to speak, less rotation or a more tight condition. Best way to experience the difference is set it to 5 and go drive, change it to max and go drive.

From the way the guy explains it in that video I shared, think of 30 as 50/50 braking between inside and outside wheels. So you could say that a value of 15 would be 75% inside 25% outside. With more braking power to the inside wheel the car is naturally going to turn to the inside, causing more rotation or a loose condition. Value of 45 you could say 25% inside 75% outside, causing the rear to work against the front so to speak, less rotation or a more tight condition. Best way to experience the difference is set it to 5 and go drive, change it to max and go drive.
Thank you. I was running my decel way too low. I bumped it up to 50 and immediately felt a difference. The car is much better now on RH tires than it was with my original setting of 20 decel. The car still has the typical Porsche characteristics but the off throttle oversteer in the mid corner is virtually gone. I still have to be slightly on throttle in the really tight stuff but the only time it happens is when I drop into 2and gear. 3rd gear is fine.

Now I have to try and sort a SS tire set up that works.

Let me know if you want to test some time. I can't tonight though, I gotta work.

EDIT, check this out:
8070522082338047508.jpg

Anyone up for a race at Le Mans using this car on the Racing Hard tires? Just a quick 8 lap one off race?

911 Carrera RS CS (993) '95.jpg

Last edited:
Have not had a chance to try it, but this is the tune I use for the 911 GT3RS for our Cup series on Race Hard and Race Medium tires. The car was also very twitchy and hard to drive on race tires until I applied this tune. This tune is compliments of Priano, with a few tweaks of my own to toe and differential settings. See what it does and if it works on the 993 as I wont have a chance to get online til tomorrow night.
View attachment 876480
Umm... I just noticed that this tune you have posted is for the 2016 Porsche. Was that intentional?

EDIT: disregard. I just looked at the tune without reading more thoroughly.

In any case. The LSD decel is still too low for the 993.

Umm... I just noticed that this tune you have posted is for the 2016 Porsche. Was that intentional?

EDIT: disregard. I just looked at the tune without reading more thoroughly.

In any case. The LSD decel is still too low for the 993.
Forgot to eliminate that post after I had a chance to try that tune. What worked for the GT3RS didn't work for the 993. I did post a tune I put together for race Hards that felt really good imo...unfortunately it's a moot point as the series has gone to ss tires.

This car has quickly become my favorite. It requires 100% attention!

I have a tune for the RH tires that I am very happy with. I still haven't switched to the SS tires yet. I tried them a few days ago and the braking distances were incredibly long. I'll have a go at it again.

I see things are still up in the air as far as the schedule. I don't compete in the FiA events so that doesn't affect me.

Best of luck to those of you who do participate. Go get 'em @R1600Turbo !!

Please Share the replays of your races.

I'll keep an eye the thread.

Latest Posts

Back