Porsche the big colaboration with PD... what's next??

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 294 comments
Porsche update would be:
- Porsche 917 (1970)
- Porsche 956 (1982)

Porsche 956 would be a great addition to the following:
- Sauber C9 (1989)
- Mazda 787B (1991)
- Nissan R92CP (1992)
- Jaguar XJR-9 (1988)

Porsche 917 would be a great addition to the following:
- Ferrari 330 P4 (1967)
- GT40 Mark I (1966)
- Ford Mark IV Race Car (1967)
- Jaguar XJ13 (1966)
- Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe (1964)
Porsche 908 LH might be a better match for the last list since it was racing with them for longer.

We all know PD,there are 3 year old racing games with more up to date racing cars
you want porsches? we'll give ya 10 hp key cars, PD's motto

We all know PD,there are 3 year old racing games with more up to date racing cars
you want porsches? we'll give ya 10 hp key cars, PD's motto

So real. Bothered me a lot in GT5 when Supra was a Standard car but the game had this VW Schwimmwagen which was absolutely useless in races, costed a lot and was impossible to sell from your garage (you could only delete it). Classic PD

As for the Porsches, at least one more road car would be nice. All the Porsches in the game so far are race-spec models (excluding GT3 RS). A classic racer to complement the 330/XJ13/Mk.IV trio would be nice too

A next Porsche? PD might come through for the win...
images

I don't think PD would be able to add any Porsches without attaching some sort of a cost; I would be very surprised if we get more for free.

If it was myself planning out DLC I’d wait to release a full Porsche pack sometime around the 1yr launch anniversary.

A pack of half a dozen or more Porsche’s would make a big impact.

I don't think PD would be able to add any Porsches without attaching some sort of a cost; I would be very surprised if we get more for free.
There already is a cost. You can buy cars with micro-transactions. That’s a revenue generator.

The 911 GT3 Cup would be a great addition to GTS. I've had plenty of fabulous racing in that in Assetto Corsa. It's a wonderful car for close racing.
The 911 GT3 Cup might either be in Gr. 4 or (worst case scenario) Gr. X. Hopefully not Gr. X because it's like a trash can for many cars with potential.

The 956 has a big chance to get in the game currently, adding the fact that it was succesful in the Fuji Endurance races could even improve it's chance.
I'm pretty sure that PD has something up in their minds with Porsche, but so far, we haven't heard anything directly.

I'd still like to imagine to get more Porsches in the game.
My current list of the most-likely-to-be-added goes…

• 911 GT3 Cup
  • 956/962
  • 917/30 (still leaving a big question mark, as I'm not sure if we're getting CanAm cars.)
  • 911 GT1-98 (another big question mark. So far we only have one GT1 car if I'm correct. And if we don't count a repainted Mclaren F1)

I would like an update that removed the visual input lag of the steering wheel when using a pad. At the moment the GT3 Porsche is undrivable in cockpit because of how off-putting the visibly delayed inputs are

I was annoyed by this too, but then I changed my control settings so that steering input reacts to how I tilt the DS4 gamepad physically. It fixed the steering wheel animation and it only took me a few hours getting used to steering this way. It's almost like having a wheel but without pedals. Highly recommended!

Now that we have two more 911s coming what I want to see next is the 962.

PD adds Skylines and its duplicates.... PD adds 911's and everyone looses their minds!

;)

It's because we've had multiple Skylines since the beginning. We've never had Porsches. Besides, the Porsche roster on GT Sport is still pretty limited even with the two 911s inbound. Then again we could see increasingly redundant 911 variants come too. Bring on the Midnight Purple 991 Turbo.

930 turbo, 959, 944 turbo, 928, 356. That's a basic list covering all road cars.

962, 917 and RSR, cover what's available from other manufacturers in the game.

Man I dont want to turn this into a wishlist but the two new porsches that Gt sport is getting might hopefully be a blueprint for more Porsches like the Porsche 959, Porsche 911 GT1, Porsche RS Spyder, Porsche 962, Porsche 917K, Porsche 917LH, Porsche 935 and many more.

Porsche is too good not miss out.

I don't think the 996 or 997 are particularly iconic in the history of the 911, or Porsche, to be honest. That said, I don't expect more Porsches after the 996 and 997 announcement. The Porsches in Project CARS 2 is much more comprehensive and includes the iconic vehicles.

Last edited:
I don't think the 996 or 997 are particularly iconic in the history of the 911, or Porsche, to be honest. That said, I don't expect more Porsches after the 996 and 997 announcement. The Porsches in Project CARS 2 is much more comprehensive and includes the iconic vehicles.

I'd be interested to know why you believe this about the 996 GT3 in particular, since it was the first of what became a particularly strong line of cars for Porsche.

VXR
I'd be interested to know why you believe this about the 996 GT3 in particular, since it was the first of what became a particularly strong line of cars for Porsche.

Selling more doesn't necessarily equate to iconic, otherwise we would be wanting a Mazda3 in the game. There are many Porsches with more racing pedigree, and as far as iconic goes, I think the 930 has it covered.

Icons are great of course, but does it always have to be the greatest icons? I think the idea behind adding the 996 GT3 and 997 GT3 boils down to the fact that they are great driving machines much like the 991 GT3 that launched with the game. As predecessors they add some perspective to what's already there.

Selling more doesn't necessarily equate to iconic, otherwise we would be wanting a Mazda3 in the game. There are many Porsches with more racing pedigree, and as far as iconic goes, I think the 930 has it covered.

So you class iconic as being the poster boy for largesse over actual class best performance? I can see that way of thinking, but as a sporting brand, I'd argue the GT3 has been massive for Porsche.

Back