Porsche the big colaboration with PD... what's next??

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 294 comments
Man I dont want to turn this into a wishlist but the two new porsches that Gt sport is getting might hopefully be a blueprint for more Porsches like the Porsche 959, Porsche 911 GT1, Porsche RS Spyder, Porsche 962, Porsche 917K, Porsche 917LH, Porsche 935 and many more.
I'd agree with 959 and 911 GT1 and maybe one of the others, plus the Carrera GT, but I think there are more pressing issues than having a dozen retro Porsches in the game. The RS Spyder would be cool, but it'd be in a new class with nothing to race against currently.

To keep me interested, I'd welcome some newer machinery - the 918 Spyder and McLaren P1 are odd absences from the road cars. And I'd take a return of Pagani (Huayra and Zonda), newer McLarens (600LT, 720S), new Aston Vantage, Ferrari 488 Pista and F12tdf over any more iterations of 911. It would be nice to have more models from every manufacturer, but Porsche's road lineup has been far more evolutionary than most.

There are many great Porsches that PD could, and should have had by now, after finally getting an official licence imho.

They have done some Porsche designs before in the literal shapes of the RUF's from previous games. After almost a year I think the Porsche Licence seems to have mainly have been acquired for the Le Mans type race cars. If you are putting the track in, and you want some recent race winning cars to race each other, then Porsche have to be there. As for adding other Porsches throughout the game, they don't seem to have a clear strategy for adding cars, I mean VW Bus, Fiat 500 etc. :rolleyes: Iconic vehicles, but they shouldn't be prioritised ahead of cars that can fit into the game to race other cars.

So far the Porsche Licence has been wasted, but then maybe they licenced a limited number of cars. :boggled: :rolleyes:

And why emphasise Porsche ahead of Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes etc! Because they single out having the Porsche Licence and featured them in their advertising.

well i think the most ignored brand on gran turismo is alfa romeo
i've never seen a new alfa romeo since the Gr.3 road car
i wish they can do new cars to them, i'm even happy if they add a 156 or a brera no matter, important i want to see more alfa romeo's
now i'm done with porsche to be the most ignored brand in GTS

IntetsInter how no ones mentioned anything about how the 996 GT3 was "in" GT3. This is technically it's second appearance in a GT game, but also it's first official appearance in a GT game.

IntetsInter how no ones mentioned anything about how the 996 GT3 was "in" GT3. This is technically it's second appearance in a GT game, but also it's first official appearance in a GT game.

This was mentioned ad nauseam in the Fuji update/Livestream threads. Complete with pictures.

I'd agree with 959 and 911 GT1 and maybe one of the others, plus the Carrera GT, but I think there are more pressing issues than having a dozen retro Porsches in the game. The RS Spyder would be cool, but it'd be in a new class with nothing to race against currently.

To keep me interested, I'd welcome some newer machinery - the 918 Spyder and McLaren P1 are odd absences from the road cars. And I'd take a return of Pagani (Huayra and Zonda), newer McLarens (600LT, 720S), new Aston Vantage, Ferrari 488 Pista and F12tdf over any more iterations of 911. It would be nice to have more models from every manufacturer, but Porsche's road lineup has been far more evolutionary than most.

The Ferrari 488 Pista just came out this year and it's a mighty fine looking car. But I wonder which company will have it first:

- Project Cars

- Forza

- Gran Turismo

My 1st bet is on Project Cars. My 2nd bet is on Forza and my 3rd bet is on Gran Turismo.

The Ferrari 488 Pista just came out this year and it's a mighty fine looking car. But I wonder which company will have it first:

- Project Cars

- Forza

- Gran Turismo

My 1st bet is on Project Cars. My 2nd bet is on Forza and my 3rd bet is on Gran Turismo.

The future of Project CARS 2 DLC looks somewhat dire right now. However, Forza Horizon 4 is right around the corner accompanied by a season pass, so I'd put my money on Forza getting it first. GT seems more concerned catching up with the past at no extra charge, which is great, but it leaves little room for entirely new highlights such as the 488 Pista.

Everyone asks for more Porsches...
2 new Porsches get announced...
Everyone asks for more Porsches... :lol:
Well they are the most successful racing manufacturer with the best selling racecar and best selling sports car, they have raced in just about every major series in racing.

In terms of GT categories they have cars that could fit in every sector. They have their roots everywhere and have a lot of fans as a result. Lastly this is the first granturismo they have properly been in, with all of these factors I think it is ok to have a lot of Porsche's especially since games with way smaller budgets such as Assetto Corsa have over 20 of them.

I understand the logistics aren't easy but I hope it changes at some point, there are a lot of Porsche fans, theres a lot of cars they can add from them and a lot of groups can could use some padding out.

Last edited:
Well they are the most successful racing manufacturer with the best selling racecar and best selling sports car, they have raced in just about every major series in racing. In terms of GT categories they have cars that could fit in every sector. They have their roots everywhere and have a lot of fans as a result. Lastly this is the first granturismo they have properly been in, with all of these factors I think it is ok to have a lot of Porsche's especially since games with way smaller budgets such as Assetto Corsa have over 20 of them. I understand the logistics aren't easy but I hope it changes at some point, there are a lot of Porsche fans, theres a lot of cars they can add from them and a lot of groups can could use some padding out.

All agreed by me as reasonable points. Even better with paragraphs though.

Capture-carrera-gt-918.jpg

Personally I'd like to see these added to the game

After the "GT3" update we want more Porsche content. It would be nice to see some of the landmark cars from that manufacturer. Personaly i want to see those Group C (956 and 962) monsters from 80s - 90s in GT Sport and of course the GT1 era cars. But generally there are so many nice 'normal' cars...(959, 911 (930) Turbo, 911 Carrera RS 2.7, 356 Carrera, Carrera GT and many many more....)

After the "GT3" update we want more Porsche content. It would be nice to see some of the landmark cars from that manufacturer. Personaly i want to see those Group C (956 and 962) monsters from 80s - 90s in GT Sport and of course the GT1 era cars. But generally there are so many nice 'normal' cars...(959, 911 (930) Turbo, 911 Carrera RS 2.7, 356 Carrera, Carrera GT and many many more....)
Perks of being the winning-est manufacturer is that they have something to fit every class. While I understand not everyone likes them it would be a shame for there to not be more coming.

Lets not forget that (as far as we know) PD takes a long amount of time to even model the cars + sound recording etc so there a possibility of new porsche's coming and we just don't know about it , for example we learned Formula E cars are coming but in all honesty im not expecting the sooner than late 2019/2020.

Disagree. Porsche needs a GT2 RS model and some even older models like a 964 RSR.
I agree that Mclarren and Ferrari need more cars. Like the TDF, Speciale, Pista, 675+600LT, Senna etc..

I would love to be able to recreate this on GT Sport with a 908. We are only missing a few pieces of the puzzle.
13e3948aacc9fa32a703566face060c0.jpg

I couldn't find a good photo so this painting was a better option. Obviously the return of the track wouldn't be a bad thing to recreate the scene of many historic races for these cars. But that is a discussion for another day.

A 962 is must (I know this is a Kremer modified version, which is more unlikely to be included), as it's ommision with the inclusion of other great group c cars is rather conspicuous. And I need my Leyton House, aquarmarine and bright orange fix using the livery editor. I think I have slightly unhealthy obsession for these colours.
maxresdefault.jpg

Have created these colours on other group c racers in the game (shameless plug for my liveries), but it just isn't the same.

The amount of fun I would have testing, tuning, racing (complemented by a relevant grid of competitors, which we already have in waiting), painting, taking photos and listening to the engines of these cars would be tenfold for me compared to any other. They are just too iconic. They would add a huge level of longevity to the game for me.

GT Sport is an on going project so there is still time.:)

Last edited:
My gripe is with the lack or Porsche races in GT League. There are several Porsche cars in the game and yet only 1 can be used in GT League. I mean you can use the GR1 too but you won't actually win with it.

Let’s assume the Porsche license was acquired late into development of GT Sport. We can also assume the priority was to include the brand in Gr.1, Gr.3 and Gr.4. Gr.1 & Gr.4 where ready for launch, with Gr.3 arriving a few months later. Since we have had a few additional road cars.

I have to think PD are now ready to roll out a new batch of cars modelled in the last 12 months. Cars like the 962, 959, 908, 917, 935, 918, 919 Evo and FE.

Last edited:
I have to think PD are now ready to roll out a new batch of cars modelled in the last 12 months. Cars like the 962, 959, 908, 917, 935, 918, 919 Evo and FE.
There actions will ultimately show whether they are making full use of their Porsche licence. So far, meh! imho.

i want those old rattling prototypes from the 70s(and a CanAm equivalent),962, the 904 and the various iterations of the 911, at least 993turbo, 930 turbo and 911 2.7Rs... 356roadster, Carrera GT and the amazing 1993 Boxter concept would be nice too.... ;_; Please Kaaaaz....pleeeeeeaaaaaseee!

i want those old rattling prototypes from the 70s(and a CanAm equivalent),962, the 904 and the various iterations of the 911, at least 993turbo, 930 turbo and 911 2.7Rs... 356roadster, Carrera GT and the amazing 1993 Boxter concept would be nice too.... ;_; Please Kaaaaz....pleeeeeeaaaaaseee!

Be more specific to Kaz so he gets the message. Not just any 930 Turbo. This 930 Turbo:
1983-Porsche-930-Special-Wishes-Slant-Nose.JPG

Greatest 80's flip up headlights ever, mind. :D

Latest Posts

Back