Porsche Vision 920 Wears the Gran Turismo Logo, But Isn't Porsche's Vision GT Car

It looks like 3 cars mashed together with that paintjob...

...and has the Bugatti VGT's rims. 4 cars? :lol:

I dunno, it looks odd...

Then the blue car is the Vision GT!

zgt7p.png

"I can already see" the Porsche symbol. lol

zgtp2.png

Last edited:
I thought this was old news already...
Well, if they abandoned the 920 project - which is a pure race car - I suppose they preferred the more road car approach. So it could be the blue car. But I did not know that this news had already been published.

I didn't think this was the VGT. All the "Porsche Unseen" vehicles are design studies which never saw the light of day so to speak. Porsche wouldn't throw their actual VGT into the wild in this fashion, but they're more than willing to show something from the cutting room floor.

....b-b-but, the Nike One 2022 did it first......
I unironically hope it comes back in GT7, or in a future installment otherwise. Especially since I think Nike is still working on a VGT.

Maybe this car appears too in GT7 with the 917 Legend and the Vision GT

I mean, I'd be quite content with just the 917 "Living Legend" and the VGT. I like a lot of these newly-revealed concepts from Porsche, but I don't think we need more than just those two I just mentioned. Indeed, when it comes to Porsche in particular, I'd rather focus first on adding more production road and race cars, like we can already see with the additions of the Carrera GT and 911 GT1 Road Car. More specifically, I hope we can see more cars being added to compliment various classes, both those returning from GTS, and potential new classes, like a "Gr.1V" class for vintage prototypes of the 1960s and 1970s. Aside from that, I hope we see notable Porsche models like the 918, or the road-going Cayman GT4. I'd also like to see the 914 pretty badly, to be honest.

If I had to pick a single Porsche concept from that new massive reveal, though, I'd pick the 919 Street, as it'd almost be like an N-Series version of the 919. I just love road-going versions of more extreme racecars, and homologation specials.

Last edited:
I didn't think this was the VGT. All the "Porsche Unseen" vehicles are design studies which never saw the light of day so to speak. Porsche wouldn't throw their actual VGT into the wild in this fashion, but they're more than willing to show something from the cutting room floor.

I think they were designing it as a VGT but ultimately scrapped this project for another, but since they made enough progress on it they decided to show it off amongst the other Porsche Unseen reveals. Porsche has a tendency to fully develop things that they end up not even using - they even built (or at least claim to have built) a fully functional V6 Turbo Hybrid power unit for an F1 entry but they pulled out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.au...sche-built-tested-planned-2021-f1-engine/amp/

I don’t find much reason to doubt the 920 as a scrapped VGT. It does make me curious though if we’ll see a larger increase in new Porsche content in GT7. This rumor combined with the large amount of new Porsche’s in the trailer and most importantly the 917 being prominently featured in almost all marketing material thus far makes me think Porsche wants eyes on their stuff, which would probably mean more content for us.

The debate is likely pointless though. We'll never see it just like the Lambo VGT and half the VGTs in 6. PD really needs to stop promising thigs they can't deliver.

I think they were designing it as a VGT but ultimately scrapped this project for another, but since they made enough progress on it they decided to show it off amongst the other Porsche Unseen reveals. Porsche has a tendency to fully develop things that they end up not even using - they even built (or at least claim to have built) a fully functional V6 Turbo Hybrid power unit for an F1 entry but they pulled out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.au...sche-built-tested-planned-2021-f1-engine/amp/

I don’t find much reason to doubt the 920 as a scrapped VGT. It does make me curious though if we’ll see a larger increase in new Porsche content in GT7. This rumor combined with the large amount of new Porsche’s in the trailer and most importantly the 917 being prominently featured in almost all marketing material thus far makes me think Porsche wants eyes on their stuff, which would probably mean more content for us.
I know that it's a scrapped VGT concept.

Look at the partnership deals. How do Mazda get to add their GT3 car before any other car is added to the game? How do Toyota get to add four cars/truck before we see any other up to date cars?
COVID notwithstanding, there are definitely other factors that hinder modelling cars, not just a VGT.

Latest Posts

Back